• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Soda Stream Adaptor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gas manufacturers make there regulators for specific gases, with specific materials that are compatible with the gas, for the sake of a couple of bucks i wouldnt be risking arm and limb on using an O2 regulator, i use the harris regulator and find it gr8 as it gives bottle and line pressures.
Just my two bobs worth guys.

I know several instument technicians who know everything about these regs and they are fine to use. They are both food grade regs used for food grade gas. The only thing to be careful with is if you use any other type of reg with an oxygen tank because if they have any grease in them there is a chance of spontanious combustion.

Hoops

Edit: The Harris regs are great little regs though

Hi there Hoops

Have been reading this post with a great deal of interest and was wondering if you had any more of these adapters for sale??

Ive been looking for this solution for soma time now. My regulator screws straight onto the ss bottles ( old steel ones ) but of coarse as you know you need to depress the pin to get it to work.

If you can help It would be appreciated

John

johnnyv said:
Hi there Hoops

Have been reading this post with a great deal of interest and was wondering if you had any more of these adapters for sale??

Ive been looking for this solution for soma time now. My regulator screws straight onto the ss bottles ( old steel ones ) but of coarse as you know you need to depress the pin to get it to work.

If you can help It would be appreciated

John
[post="112720"][/post]​
John

Yeah I can help you out, I am posting a couple off this week so I'll add you to the list.

Hoops

Hi there Hoops

Just a quick thanks, the adapter arived this morning and is working perfectly.

My next quest will now be sourcing the parts needed to refill the SS botles. I have a dual use for this, not only for the home brew beer use but also for the use of the gas for in my fish tanks for fertilization of the plants at a cost effective way.

Once again many thanks

regards John :beer:

Hoops said:
OK I have a bunch of sodastream adaptors ready to go, both normal ones and ones modified for the Harris 601 regulator.
Same price as normal, $30 each - $35 posted to anywhere in Australia (this includes the oring as well)
Send me a PM if you want one (it may take me a few days to reply as I don't have regular internet access at the moment <_< )

Hoops
[post="98736"][/post]​

Hoops,

Any of the 601 adapters left. If not put me down for one, if and when you do another batch.

Cheers

Hoops, I am in the market for a Harris one too.
Send me a PM or email to let me know if you have any available?

Sorry guys, been away with work, just got bcak this arvo.
Will let you know early next week how the adaptors are going, either way will have a few more soon.

Hoops

Hi Hoops, do you know with the 100 litre SS canister, if you have to use the adaptor to fit your regulator? or will it fit without?
Thanks
mm

Hey Hoops

Next time you do a batch, count me in too !

cheers mate,

Steve

Me too please. (Sent PM). (Probably for a Harris 601 reg.)

Sorry, cancel that for now :)

Can the old SS cylinders be tested and refilled at BOC/AirLiquide?
JNR

JNR,

I think you will find that BOC etc will not fill the old soda stream bottles, well any soda stream bottles for that matter as they are legally still owned by "Sodastream". There has been people who have made an adapter to refill them but this is not recommended unless you are 100% confident with what you are doing, high pressure anything is EXTREMELY dangerous.

You can take the old SS bottle to kmart etc and they should still swap it for a new one.

Hope this helps

Pok

You can take the old SS bottle to kmart etc and they should still swap it for a new one.

Depends on how switched on they are, most won't take them back but you get the odd occasion where its a new person or they don't care and they will take them.

Would the same theory for filling LPG apply. Open vent on side of bottle and wait for a steady cloud?
JNR

Depends on how switched on they are, most won't take them back but you get the odd occasion where its a new person or they don't care and they will take them.

Woolies are the only store who officially exchange the old bottle now (Here in Brizzy anyway).

cheers Ross

Woolies are the only store who officially exchange the old bottle now (Here in Brizzy anyway).

cheers Ross

Yep, same here in the ACT.
I asked the telephone help line after Kmart knocked me back and they said Woolworths are the only ones who'll accept old cylinders (why, I'll never know).

PZ.

IS Hoops still around? I PM'd a while ago re sodastream adaptors with no reply.

Put me down for a 601 adapter next time they appear if your reading this mate ;)

Back