• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Soda Stream Adaptor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From looking at the Ozito website, it shows operating pressure from 40psi up, need to check the regulator to see if it starts at zero and works up?? I am guessing it would.

I use the 100L sodastream bottles available directly from Here they hold over 800 gm of CO2 and I had mine delivered within 24 hours! To get it refilled you order it on the website and they send a new one, you return the empty one and they credit the cost of mailing it back to your credit card. The refill is only $30.

Handy.

The Ozito stuff might work out well for using in conjunction with the Soda Stream bottles. The Ozito CO2 bottle looks like it uses the exact same CGA320 thread used on SS bottles. Therefore if the reg for the Ozito is only $60, that is more than competitive than buying a SS adapter and a standard regulator to use on a SS bottle. They would also fit paint-ball CO2 bottles.

Ozito CO2
OZCO2FCA.jpg

CGA320 (bottom thread or inlet thread is 5/8-18UNF)
Pin01.jpg

Cheers
MAH

The Ozito stuff might work out well for using in conjunction with the Soda Stream bottles.

Ozito CO2
View attachment 14604

CGA320 (bottom thread or inlet thread is 5/8-18UNF)
View attachment 14605

Cheers
MAH
that thread looks different to the SS ones. there looks to be a rubber seal at the top of the thread there? SS dont have this. maybe the ozito stuff uses this to seal?

i wish there was more info on the net with detailed pics / exploded views of the ozito stuff.

Does anyone know where I can get a sodastream adaptor from in Adelaide? I live in the northern suburbs if it makes any difference!

craft brewerat the top of the page.

From looking at the Ozito website, it shows operating pressure from 40psi up, need to check the regulator to see if it starts at zero and works up?? I am guessing it would.

If you expand the photo on the Ozito site you can just make out that the gauge starts at zero and goes up in 10psi increments to a maximum of 120psi.

If you expand the photo on the Ozito site you can just make out that the gauge starts at zero and goes up in 10psi increments to a maximum of 120psi.

I just downloaded the video off their website and it clearly shows the gauge starts from zero. There are a few shots showing it being connected up, in one the pressure is already set on 40psi and then they crank it up more. In another shot it's already connected and set on 30psi. Makes me think that it does regulate under 40psi as well, but perhaps 40psi is mentioned because it's the minimum required for their air tools to operate?

Guys, i have one of the older style soda stream gas cylinders, SWMBO took it to k-mart yesterday and they would not swap it over???? Anyone know how i can get this filled\swapped

Guys, i have one of the older style soda stream gas cylinders, SWMBO took it to k-mart yesterday and they would not swap it over???? Anyone know how i can get this filled\swapped

Woolworths is the only official replacer of the old bottles. Even sodastream won't & point you to Woolies.

Cheers ross

Woolworths is the only official replacer of the old bottles. Even sodastream won't & point you to Woolies.

Cheers ross

Ross,
Do the new bottles have the same thread?

Does anyone know where I can get a sodastream adaptor from in Adelaide? I live in the northern suburbs if it makes any difference!

hi,
try an online order, , craftbrewer for example, and it will arrive in the post in a few days.

cheers, alan

Hey, with the Soda Stream bottles (or any CO2 bottle for that matter) can you disconnect the bottle once empty without all the gas in the keg releasing back out through the regulator?

I'm wondering if I need to get one of those adapters that have a shut off valve in order to save my precious little Soda Stream gas if cylinder runs out mid keg.

Or would just the regular screw on adapter be fine?

Hey, with the Soda Stream bottles (or any CO2 bottle for that matter) can you disconnect the bottle once empty without all the gas in the keg releasing back out through the regulator?

I'm wondering if I need to get one of those adapters that have a shut off valve in order to save my precious little Soda Stream gas if cylinder runs out mid keg.

Or would just the regular screw on adapter be fine?

just disconnect the gas connect on the keg before you swap the sodastream bottle over and you'll be fine!

I went to have a look at the Ozito gear today. It looks like the basic kit of the regulator, spiral hose and carry bag costs $150 without a bottle. The box says bottle not included.

The bottles were $75 each, and they looked pretty solid like a proper mini-cylinder. The capacity stamped on them was 750gms so I'm not sure why their website quotes 540gms. Perhaps they underfill them? Swap over refills were $15 each.

While I wasn't able to properly check the thread against a Soda Stream bottle, there was an o-ring on the Ozito bottle that the Soda Stream doesn't have. You may be able to get around this by using a rubber tap washer, provided the regulator pin still sticks out far enough to depress the bottle valve pin.

I use the 100L sodastream bottles available directly from Here they hold over 800 gm of CO2 and I had mine delivered within 24 hours!
Handy.

Hmmm.. interesting! Can anyone please tell me exactly how much the 100 litre bottles do hold?

Hmmm.. interesting! Can anyone please tell me exactly how much the 100 litre bottles do hold?

Labelled as 885 gm.
If you have the smaller sodastream bottles, you can swap 2 x small for 1 x large via post.
Cheers
Mark

I've got the whole Ozito set. The catalogue was wrong and the prices quoted in here by some are also wrong.

A new cylinder (full) is $74.95 and a swap/fill is $15.95. Swaps can be done at almost every Bunnings nationally. It contains 540g of CO2.

While the price quoted by G&G for the outright purchase of the 6.8kg cylinder is $295 and fills are $47, it is only available if you can get to Yarraville in Melbourne. So, if you live near there, it's a pretty good deal except you'll also need to worry about getting the cylinder re-tested after 5 years at who knows what cost. BOC and others won't fill these cylinders for you because they don't own them.

The Ozito regulator kit is $149.00. It obviously screws right onto the cylinder with no adapters and works in a range between 0psi and 120psi (goes above this, but gauge isn't calibrated).

The valve used on the cylinder is different to the SS one. The seal is provided by the O-Ring around the top of the valve, whereas the SS one doesn't have the seal built in.

The Ozito kit comes with a curly hose, which can be cut to attach different fittings, or a fitting could be made (probably from off-the-shelf pieces) to plug into the regular compressed air fittings provided to go onto the hose (Nitto, Jamec and Charge Air types in the kit).

How's the adjustibility of the ozito regulator? or would you need to run a 2nd reg for fine tuning?

Back