• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Soda Stream Adaptor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You rock Hoops,

:super:

The 601 addapter arrived today, excelent craftsmanship. So much better than the gear the try to rip you off with at ESB.

Cheers for the good communication throughout the transaction, you are a credit to this forum.
:beerbang:

The Scientist

No worries guys, good to hear you're happy with them, glad I could be of assistance

Hoops

Hoops,

Do you have any of the normal addapters left. I'm in Newcastle.

Cheers,

Eddy

Eddy

yes I have 2 of the sodastream adaptors left, will send you a PM

Hoops

That's great,

Another question, does anybody use these to carbonate their kegs? or is there just enough gas to make them handy for despencing a party keg.

Eddy

Hi Eddy

Another question, does anybody use these to carbonate their kegs? or is there just enough gas to make them handy for despencing a party keg.

You could use the Sodasteam gas bottle to force carbonate your keg but it wouldn't last long. If you use it purely for despencing it could last for about three 19L kegs. The maths of it is talked about in a previous post, if you'd like to work out.

Cheers,

The Scientist

You could carbonate your keg naturally by using sugar/extract like a big bottle if you really needed to, but in my opinion your missing the main benefit of kegged beer, but it does work.

Once you've outlaid for all the kegging bits and pieces it's not much more of a stretch to finish it off with a designated CO2 cylinder to complete the system. Well worth the cost IMO. Cleaning bottles sucks. I find it a real chore these days and thats just to bottle the beer that wont fit in the keg, usually 5-7 litres.

Cheers, JD

Eddy,
I have been using the soda stream setup to both gas and dispense. Along with some gas used during the flushing of the liquid lines, I've been getting "around" 2 complete kegs (gas and dispense) out of each soda stream bottle. Thus it is only adding around $6 to a brew to go with the expensive soda stream option. But in context, given that at the current rate I'll be going through around a keg a month, $100 rent for a full size bottle each year would still add over $8 a keg just to cover the rent, let alone the gas. Of course if I get into filtering the quantity of gas I go through could skyrocket! Anyway it is early days still, only 5 kegs down.

I picked up a cheap US regulator ($40AUS) which was part of my reason for starting out this way, and decided that I'd want a portable system at some stage anyway. Having since figured out that I'll be kegging the majority of my brews, I've just got to make the decision as to whether I'll upgrade to a big gas cylinder at some stage which will be largely dependant on how many kegs a month I'll go through and how good a deal I can get on a gas bottle (I think there is better options in Canberra than the $100 a year BOC bottles).

As an aside, a gas leak with a sodastream bottle is still at most an $11 loss, and a spare bottle is probably in reach. This might not be the case with 5kg or 9kg bottles.

Cheers, Darryl

wow doc, any pics of it in bits?
I'm keen on an adaptor from soda stream to standard BOC style regulator.
Any in Adelaide?

tangent said:
wow doc, any pics of it in bits?
I'm keen on an adaptor from soda stream to standard BOC style regulator.
Any in Adelaide?
[post="74621"][/post]​

Yep - i have one - 35.00 ea - fits pefectly to the Harris 601 reg i also stock 80.00.

Then there is a SS Pluto gun to pour the beer out 80.00 not to mention 15m of 6mm SS tube coiled in a square that you can put in an esky to cool the beer down - 45.00.

GMKenterprises to the rescue.

Tangent - if u can make it up to Lyndoch this Thursday night for the Barossa Brewers Club meeting - i can bring some of the stuff along.

Hi all
I have got 2 old steel soda stream bottles and are purchising some 18l kegs.
I have had a look at the soda stream web site and they now sell the bottles on line,they have two different sizes one 40 litre and a 100 litre It looks like the 40 litre one is the same size as my old steel ones, would that be right?.What i would like to know is in the previous posts some say you can charge and dispence about 3 kegs with thier bottles. Are the bottles the the smaller ones ie 40litre.If that is right the bigger ones should do 6 kegs easy. Any feed back would be much appreciated.

Might be driving through Lyndoch Wed.
Good bakery there eh?

tangent said:
Good bakery there eh?
[post="74992"][/post]​

Ok - bakery goood - BrewInn Barossa Great..

What time Wednesday...

DarrylB said:
snip...and how good a deal I can get on a gas bottle (I think there is better options in Canberra than the $100 a year BOC bottles).

You might want to give Tony a ring at Pubgas in Hume....0412 620 016 or Mick French Pty Ltd in Molonglo Mall Fyshwick...6280 5102.

No affiliation, etc...
Cheers,
TL

I've been thinking of a different avenue.
I managed to get a unit to tear to bits (without bottle) so I salvaged the end piece that the bottle screws into and the button that releases the gas.
I plan to build a little case for it and connect it to a gas disconnect and use it to give the keg a few shots of gas to pour the beer.

Doc, did you end up giving this a go? Will be getting my hands on 2 soda streams that my mum had sitting at home and thought this sounded like a quick way to get started until I get a second reg.

And does anyone know what is the output pressure is when the dispensing button is held down????

Most of the guys in our brew club have their party kegs set up with a simple screwdriver adjustment on their sodastreams with no guage

Ross, where can you get these? Sounds like an ideal set and forget setup which is what you really need when drinking.

Jye,
I did something similar to what Doc was planning. Pulled out the bits that the bottle screws onto heated some 6mm beer line in hot water and psuhed it over the outlet for the gas then secured with a small SS hose clamp. Put a gas ball lock connector on the other end and presto. I naturally carbonate the keg and use the soda stream to push the beer out, it just takes a little shot of gas to push out a couple of schooners, abit of trial and error to start with but works quite well when you get the feel for it.

Cheers

Cheers Brad...any chance you have some pics?

Jye said:
Most of the guys in our brew club have their party kegs set up with a simple screwdriver adjustment on their sodastreams with no guage

Ross, where can you get these? Sounds like an ideal set and forget setup which is what you really need when drinking.
[post="75051"][/post]​

Jye,

Quality homebrew - go in & introduce yourself to Danny - he was asking who you were...

GMK said:
tangent said:
Good bakery there eh?
[post="74992"][/post]​

Ok - bakery goood - BrewInn Barossa Great..

What time Wednesday...
[post="75002"][/post]​
Dunno yet, be around the Barossa almost all day tho.
You contactable during the day GMK?

wednesday will be at work - get home around 5.00 pm.

Is taht too late for you to drop by.

Latest posts

Back