• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Soda Stream Adaptor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK those 4 adaptors are gone so I will get a few more done in the next week or 2.

mobrien said:
Hoops: Sounds awesome - happy to catch up at Bulimba any time. They did have a brewers lunch advertised, but a rang them and its cancelled as they had the wrong date/day cobo advertised! Next one is in May

Matt
[post="54834"][/post]​
Anyone in Brizzy keen to meet up at the Bulimba micro this weekend sometime?

Hoops

Good work Hoops, i'll possibly be interested in one that will mate to a Harris 601 reg.

Just got to source a sodastream bottle first before I lash out.

Hoops, are you making any progress with the 601 adaptor? Let me know if I can help you with anything (I can send you my reg stem if it helps).

Apart from Fammer and myself - is anyone else interested at this stage?

Here's a mockup of what the 601 will look like going straight onto a SS bottle - with a couple of 30mm rear-entry gauges it should make a very neat setup.

0004.jpg

WG

got a Harris 601 regulator from GMK yesterday and I can see why they are so popular - a very small neat little package.
Now that I have one I should be able to get it pulled apart and have the thread measured etc so we're getting closer to a solution.
The rear entry shank is quite long so I can see why you want to go down this route.

Hoops

hoops - are you getting some shank bits made up that screw straight into the 601 reg. that would be pretty neat and I would definately be interested if I can source a bottle to exchange.

wortgames - what would a couple rear entry gauges run at?

But hasn't hoops alreadly had a 'special' adaptor with a recessed groove made up for the 601 reg.? Why go to all this extra trouble?

edit:

I think i would rather use the recessed adaptor because i'll be swapping regs from one bottle to another when I want to use the sodastream rig etc, so if i was screwing the shank out of the reg body all the time i could see this causing problems.

I bought the 601 as a dedicated traveller for the SS, so I'd prefer the neatest option (yeah I know its probably a bit over the top, but so much of what I do in this hobby is over the top anyway, and I really like to have the shmickest option)

My plan is to have a short length of line and a single disconnect on it, for use with a single keg for parties etc. When I take the big rig (chest freezer) mobile it will go inside and simply connect to a gas post on the manifold.

I'm still waiting on the rear entry gauges so I'll report back when I know the damage.

Wortgames said:
My plan is to have a short length of line and a single disconnect on it, for use with a single keg for parties etc. When I take the big rig (chest freezer) mobile it will go inside and simply connect to a gas post on the manifold.

I'm still waiting on the rear entry gauges so I'll report back when I know the damage.
[post="57362"][/post]​

Why bother with gauges on a single sodastream setup. The HP gauge is really a waste of time with CO2 and the LP one is superfluous once you get the dispensing pressure set correctly. The best bet would be a way of setting the reg pressure with a screwdriver so would be helpers cant mess with your setting and forgetting about gauges anyway

Ausdb

Now thats thinking Ausdb, I'm with you there. you walk over to check on the lemon tree and come back and they are playing with every bit that screws , clips or unplugs. :)

cheers fnqbunyip

Watch this space...

The same guy that I'll be getting the gauges off also reckons he can supply a neat little 'set and forget' regulator with allen key adjustment and no gauges.

Then you just need one of these...

050503_0001.jpg

...(preferably with a slightly lower range) and you're good to go...

looks the goods. keep me informed

where is the reg body?/adjustment?

Fammer - that's just a gauge attached to a gas post, that you would use to set the regulator pressure. The actual reg is just a small block with an allen key adjustment - we are working on the connection details, but it's all still a while off.

FNQ Bunyip said:
I'm with you there. you walk over to check on the lemon tree and come back and they are playing with every bit that screws , clips or unplugs.
[post="57383"][/post]​
Bunyip & wortgames all you need to add is a checkvalve in the gas line and your are laughing. I took a small keg of hefeweizen to a party a few weeks back and every time I went to the keg to pour another one some idiot had screwed the reg way down so beer went everywhere.
I have just picked up a single gaugle argon reg on ebay which I am going to convert to a non easily adjustable type for my sodastream setup

Cheers

Finally got my party regulator hooked up to a soda stream bottle today using Hoops adaptor. Worked a treat.
After reading some of the later posts in this thread I think I'll be adding a locking nut to the pressure dial on the reg :lol:

Thanks again Hoops.
Doc

Most of the guys in our brew club have their party kegs set up with a simple screwdriver adjustment on their sodastreams with no guage - they work really well & are small & neat. I have a guage but use a right angled attatchment so it fits neatly inside my party keg away from prying fingers...

party_keg.jpg

OK got another lot of the Soda Stream adaptors.
3 normal and 3 for the Harris 601 reg.
Just send a PM if you want one.

Hoops

EDIT: Cost is $35 for the adaptor, yellow oring (see 1st page 1st post) and postage anywhere in Australia, or $30 pickup in Brisbane

I have 2 normal adaptors and 2 for the Harris 601 reg left.

Hoops

Thanks Hoops , Picked up yesterday in town (only Goin once A Week )
some bussiness in town dont give as good a service .

Thanks again buddy a plesure to do bussiness with another AHB'er...

Cheers Ned

No worries Ned.
I spent a bit of time up in far Nth QLD so I know how hard it is to get HB stuff - Australia Post is your friend when you're up there.

Hoops

hoops, i'll buy one if you have any left (normal reg).
, Chris

Latest posts

Back