• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Soda Stream Adaptor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone,
Im new to this forum, but ive searched through the archives and cant find anything to help me so far, Me and a mate have a oxygen regulator that we got cheap... were only poor students and dont feel like forking out $149 for a CO2 regulator.. we have a party keg and the SodaSteam bottle from kmart. However the fitting on our regulator isnt like the standard CO2 ones, its one of the ones like on oxy accetalyne bottles (see picture) so we cant just buy a adapter from esbeer.com or from hoops.... was just wondering if anyone knows of adapters we could use or has had this issue themselves... or if anyone feels like machining one for us?

ps.. i dont know if the picture attached properly... but its the type of fitting thats on all of the regulators on this page... josephfirth.co.uk

Thanks for any help in advance, Cheers, Kenny

Oxygen_20regulator.jpg

Hey Kenny

First things first...you cant use an oxygen regulator for co2, your just looking for trouble :blink:

To use the SS cylinder you will need to buy one of these adaptors and that will go straight onto a co2 reg. You can get co2 regs for $80 new of some guys on the forum or if you are going for a portable system you may like a smaller one and guys have been buying them from ebay.

Im in the middle of setting up a party keg so post some pics when your finished.

Jye :beer:

Hey Jye..
is there any particular reason you cant use a O2 regularor for CO2? The O2 regulator would b more resistant to corrosion... both are CO2 and O2 regulators are oil-less, and the pressure ranges match up fine.. the one we have has a high pressure gauge and a low pressure gauge?

The cheapest way for you to get the party keg going, would to obtain a 2nd hand sodastream machine & then gut the gas fittings out of it. keep the pressbutton & connect the gas line to the party keg. top it up with gas when it starts pouring slow. not very elegant but will get u there.

cheers

Jye

I have a couple here that were for someone but they haven't returned any of my emails so they will be up for grabs this week I think.
Do those Taiwanese regs fit a normal CO2 bottle?

Hoops

Kenny said:
Hey Jye..
is there any particular reason you cant use a O2 regularor for CO2? The O2 regulator would b more resistant to corrosion... both are CO2 and O2 regulators are oil-less, and the pressure ranges match up fine.. the one we have has a high pressure gauge and a low pressure gauge?
[post="76704"][/post]​

Kenny,
Send a PM to GMK (Ken) and ask him if he's got one of these Co2 Regulators in stock:
Img_1097.jpg

They're arguably the best reg you can get for under $100 delivered...Don't use an air regulator for Co2 - its unsafe, not fit for purpose and downright deadly if it malfunctions with 1000+ KPA of Co2 behind it...

TL

TL I think he is refering to an oxygen reg not an air reg. If that is the case then they are fine Kenny. I use an O2 reg for my 3Gal keg setup and it works a treat.

Hoops

Edit: The Harris 601 reg gets my vote too at $80

I have a couple here that were for someone but they haven't returned any of my emails so they will be up for grabs this week I think.
Do those Taiwanese regs fit a normal CO2 bottle?

Thanks Hoops, just send me a PM towards the end of the week :)

From what I have read on the other thread they do fit but looking at the pic of the reg it looks like it may need a adaptor made for the Harris reg.

Cheers

Jye,

QHBS at Underwood sell sodastream adaptors. Next time you're there just take your reg in & see what they can do...

Cheers Ross...

Hoops said:
TL I think he is refering to an oxygen reg not an air reg. If that is the case then they are fine Kenny. I use an O2 reg for my 3Gal keg setup and it works a treat.

Hoops

Edit: The Harris 601 reg gets my vote too at $80
[post="77883"][/post]​

Serves me right for reading the last post and getting onto the reply window too quick!! :ph34r: :rolleyes:
Yes, I thought he was on about Air not O2 regs...
Thanks Hoops ;)

Hoops said:
I had a couple of these adaptors made up so that you can use Soda Stream bottles with a normal regulator.
I can get some more made up if people want some. The guy charges $30
Still interested Trev Wedge GMK & Batz?

Hoops
[post="21726"][/post]​

HOOPS CAN I GET ONE OF THESE ADAPTERS PLEASE
sorry didnt mean to shout email me please with details so i can buy one thanks tanked ([email protected]) :beerbang:

As mine needed "opening up" for the Taiwanese reg stem to fit, maybe the 601 adaptor would be the correct one for the Taiwanese regs...is that correct Hoops? I can't remember what you said...

PZ.

Did it need opening up for this part of the reg to fit?

reg.jpg

If there are no 601 adaptors left do you think you could just file this part of the reg down?

Yep, that's the offending part.

I opted not to cut or file it off...rather I drilled out the inside of the adaptor to accommodate it...a much better option in my mind :)

PZ.

Email sent TANKED.
Sounds like the modified adaptor for the 601 reg might be the go.

Cheers Hoops, came in the mail yesterday (along with my Taiwanese reg and bottle opener ring, it was a good day :D )

It didn't quite fit the reg, the hole that was made for the 601 needs to be about 3mm deeper so I just drilled it out like Fingerlickin.

Thanks again :beer:

Good to hear it all worked out.
Giving my portable setup a run on the weekend - going 4x4 and I'm not driving :chug:

Hoops

OK I have a bunch of sodastream adaptors ready to go, both normal ones and ones modified for the Harris 601 regulator.
Same price as normal, $30 each - $35 posted to anywhere in Australia (this includes the oring as well)
Send me a PM if you want one (it may take me a few days to reply as I don't have regular internet access at the moment <_< )

Hoops

Back