Silicon Hose

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. It is great. I can't see mine wearing out anytime soon...

I initially baulked at the price of silicon hose, but I'm happy to tell you "it's worth paying the extra for" it has great insulating qualities, easy to keep clean, no memory, nice thick walls and very inert.
Did I mention it also looks great?

cheers

Browndog

Sounds like thats the consensus here, thanks for the tip. My extreme tightar$e tendencies have been acting up again lately.

Therefore, let it be proclaimed: "SILICONE IS GOOD!" :party:

:eek: wait a minute....

Sounds like thats the consensus here, thanks for the tip. My extreme tightar$e tendencies have been acting up again lately.

Therefore, let it be proclaimed: "SILICONE IS GOOD!" :party:

:eek: wait a minute....

Yep thats what I thought after reading this thread so I headed over to Craftbrewer to check it out and also found Noprene Tubing.

"Sold in 35cm multiples - Formulated for flexural resistance & high temperattures - Does not easily crack or deteriorate even in physically demanding applications. The N0.1 choice for peristaltic pumps..."

so whats the deal with this? is it better then silicon? why would I want to get over/instead of silicone. Has any had any experience with it? Surprisingly a search for Noprene Tubing dosnt bring up anything.

The Neoprene tubing is smaller diameter...

Kingy, when you bend silicon hose it will return to its original shape, unlike cheaper tubing which comes on a roll and will hold this shape.

All of the AHB sponsors stock it.

Latest posts

Back