Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still a work in progress, bit the bullet yesterday and picked up a couple more pumps to simplify the plumbing. Finished off the plumbing this morning (I think), only issue is the quick disconnects are leaking, I used o-rings instead of the flat washers, either need fatter o-rings or go back to double flat washers (those QD's really give me the s?i#s)

Waiting on my Relay boards and last of the SSRs to arrive before I can hook up the controller.

Once I done the first run, I will figure out what the plumbing should look like and add some uprights / brackets to the stand to tidy things up. The stud wall behing leads directy to my study / PC so wil be running a CAT5 from there

288111_10151127110162265_1905865353_o.jpg

only issue is the quick disconnects are leaking

This has been a big issue for me in my brewery build too. One way I minimised the leakage is to make sure the females are "in" connections only - using them for outs was hopeless (especially on the pump output). It's given me some pretty big limitations and is really bloody annoying considering how much I paid for them.

Are you able to quickly run through what you mean about using washers instead of o-rings, or point me in the right direction to find out?

Awesome rig by the way.

Keifer, that is an awesome set up. Simple, functional, looks great, awesome!

Some great rigs here, guys. I really have to get a giddy up on my upgrade.

Well after toying with many different ideas I have settled (for now) with a simple BIAB rig with an extra bolt on frame to allow the bag to be attached and drain while I am in a rental. It isnt finished yet with a shelf to be added to the base and a few layers of stain to be added. Just bashing out a batch of American Amber Ale for my pending Wedding to test it out aswell.

View attachment 55796

Still a work in progress, bit the bullet yesterday and picked up a couple more pumps to simplify the plumbing. Finished off the plumbing this morning (I think), only issue is the quick disconnects are leaking, I used o-rings instead of the flat washers, either need fatter o-rings or go back to double flat washers (those QD's really give me the s?i#s)

Waiting on my Relay boards and last of the SSRs to arrive before I can hook up the controller.

Once I done the first run, I will figure out what the plumbing should look like and add some uprights / brackets to the stand to tidy things up. The stud wall behing leads directy to my study / PC so wil be running a CAT5 from there

View attachment 55797

This is a really nice set up! Do you think you will have to do a fair bit of cleaning at the end of the brew day?

Once I done the first run, I will figure out what the plumbing should look like and add some uprights / brackets to the stand to tidy things up.
Looks good, please post some more pictures/details when you have finished, it seems you're doing some interesting things (like open outlets at bottom of the vessels and valves at the top).

now that is a simple but efficient set up,call it the hangmans brewery :icon_cheers: .....cheers,,,spog..........
Well after toying with many different ideas I have settled (for now) with a simple BIAB rig with an extra bolt on frame to allow the bag to be attached and drain while I am in a rental. It isnt finished yet with a shelf to be added to the base and a few layers of stain to be added. Just bashing out a batch of American Amber Ale for my pending Wedding to test it out aswell.

View attachment 55796

This has been a big issue for me in my brewery build too. One way I minimised the leakage is to make sure the females are "in" connections only - using them for outs was hopeless (especially on the pump output). It's given me some pretty big limitations and is really bloody annoying considering how much I paid for them.

Are you able to quickly run through what you mean about using washers instead of o-rings, or point me in the right direction to find out?

Awesome rig by the way.

I will send some pictures of the washers when I find them / buy some more. Should be in next couple of days
I use males on the outlets. Females on the hoses and males are much cheaper

This is a really nice set up! Do you think you will have to do a fair bit of cleaning at the end of the brew day?

That's where my friends caustic soda and a wet / dry vac will come in (not together of course) !

Looks good, please post some more pictures/details when you have finished, it seems you're doing some interesting things (like open outlets at bottom of the vessels and valves at the top).

The valve locations were only to mock it up, although they are plumbed and appear to be working good from the tests. As we all do, will see how it goes and make changes on the fly. This is the first cut of the plumbing.

Hopefully the rest of the elctronics components will turn up this week so I can do V1 of the controller

No disrespect intended but this is not up to the quality of that which I am used to seeing Wayne produce. That is a rough looking weld compared to others I have seen him produce.

"Image of socket welded to pot"

No disrespect to me mate, its a Beer Belly weld!

The photo makes it look a little worse than it is... Next time I have the elements out, I will take another.

The only other pix I have [shitty phone pix]

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

I will send some pictures of the washers when I find them / buy some more. S

Interested also, two of my SS QD's leak, always forget to put the hoses away for identification after brewday. So next brewday I find them again when they leak. Got mine from Ross at Craftbrewer, only two leak out of the 10 that I have, no biggie but bloody annoying. Sometimes if I remove the washers and push them back in they seal ok. Would like to know where to buy replacements/spares from.

Screwy

Interested also, two of my SS QD's leak, always forget to put the hoses away for identification after brewday. So next brewday I find them again when they leak. Got mine from Ross at Craftbrewer, only two leak out of the 10 that I have, no biggie but bloody annoying. Sometimes if I remove the washers and push them back in they seal ok. Would like to know where to buy replacements/spares from.

Screwy

When I asked Ross a while ago he claimed he planned on stocking spare seals. Don't know if this has happened yet but plan on asking when collecting my BB grain next Saturday.

When I asked Ross a while ago he claimed he planned on stocking spare seals. Don't know if this has happened yet but plan on asking when collecting my BB grain next Saturday.

Might try the local air/hydraulics place, should be readily available.

Now Back On Topic...

Screwy

No disrespect intended but this is not up to the quality of that which I am used to seeing Wayne produce. That is a rough looking weld compared to others I have seen him produce.

"Image of socket welded to pot"
That's what my kettle from BB looks like. I recall getting a thorough reaming for suggesting it wasn't the most perfect work to ever grace a brewery a little while ago.

Cant find any without pulling out of working QD's (which is not easy without damaging)

I will pickup a few tomorrow on the way home from work, can take some measurements then. Will re-test them, if they work (did last time) happy to grab loads and post to anyone who wants them

Screwy

View attachment 55796

looks the goods mate

I originally was just going to be relying completely on gravity and just using simple step infusions like usual but I have recently bought one of those brown pumps and have considered setting it up to recirculate the mash through my urn to increase temps through the mash schedule. Has any one else done anything like this before and without any temperature control?

You will need temp control on it mate, and also is a good idea to insulate the lines.. I found I lost quite a bit of heat to the lines when recirculating

I started to get dialled in nicely about HERE

Yob

Almost there, put a control panel in and waiting on my bulk buy brown pump for plate chiller.

Then it's time for the fermentation fridge, followed by the keezer, and maybe one day in the foreseeable future I will actually start brewing beer. This is taking ages.

photo.JPG

Back