Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a mate knocked up the stand for me, and just HAD to bring it over the night before a uni exam.. it's taking all my willpower not to bolt on the pump, thermostat and plate chiller and give it a full water run.

how the hell am i going to stay away from it for a whole week?

thought I'd post a photo of my rig, its still in developement, I have a S/ steel bench comming home tomorow and next week a pump so it should be all 1 level

pumpkinbrew.jpg

Ok so I did some upgrades to the brewrig last week(s)

problem was I had 240v and 12v in the same box and wasn't the smallest housing..

Solution : seperate the 12v brewtroller box and the 240v kit. here are soem pictures

So the rig at the moment (apart from chiller mounted which is shown later)

gallery_9889_820_2518.jpg

The new 12v box, was a little smaller than I should have used but in the end everything fit.

gallery_9889_820_89157.jpg

gallery_9889_820_186969.jpg

The new home for the 240v box.. Although I need to get a peice of SS cut and fitted to the front the rest is water tight will also get a bracket/stand made up for it to be off the ground

I will also need to change/shorten the power cables since its now under the power points

gallery_9889_820_205932.jpg

Mounted chilller , Ran out of zipties so using fencing wire at the moment..
gallery_9889_820_242860.jpg

Next on the upgrade list will be a new rig stand!
hope you enjoyed.

gav

Upgraded mast tun - insulation

63c62835.jpg

Bought 1m length for 30 bucks and it will do two full sized kegs, in my case this mt & the HLT.

Good stuff PF!

My next step:

Stand painted, control box mounted and wired [For now]... HX will be made up in the coming months...

For now:

IMG_3759_small.jpg

3x 2400w inside kettle:

IMG_3059_copy.JPG

Went hard plumbed MT:

IMG_2853.JPG

And please excuse the blur - but for those days when you need to fly sparge with only one pump:

IMG_3769.JPG

Stay tuned for final HERMS config.

:icon_cheers:

Heres my HERMS system
80lt MT
80lt HLT
2 80's welded together for a boiler

10062012177.jpg

wow you going overboard helles! I have near filled my 80lt pot to the brim and my 70lt MT was almost full to the brim, The 50lt HLT never gets over 30lts in it. I would go with pots with less head room for heating benifits then over the top all the way :p but least you got room for expansion I guess :D

Oh cocko looks like shit like always have a beer and rethink the design lol ;)

Thought I'd post some pics of my new 2 teir setup.
It's wood with cement sheeting which seems to deal with the burner well
Ghetto march pump cover by Dexion.
I'm in the process of putting together a rims heat exchanger and control box.

smlP1040317.jpg

smlP1040318.jpg

smlP1040319.jpg

Heres my HERMS system
80lt MT
80lt HLT
2 80's welded together for a boiler

Ironic that there appears to be 9 Richmond stickers on your locker. Reflective of their ladder position at the end of many a year? ;) :lol:

Some nice looking rigs on AHB these days, brewers lifting their game :super:

Screwy

Cocko,

Have you got any picture on how you mounted thses elements? Im looking to upgrade my kettle elements like this wasn't sure the process of it.

Also where did you source your elements from?

gav

3x 2400w inside kettle:

View attachment 55654

Cocko,

Have you got any picture on how you mounted thses elements? Im looking to upgrade my kettle elements like this wasn't sure the process of it.

Also where did you source your elements from?

gav

Hey Gav,

I got my kettle from Beerbelly and got them to weld on 3x 1" sockets on for me.... The 2400w elements are from them as well, very happy with them thus far [14 brews in]

Nothing exciting, sorry mate:

IMG_0427.JPG

And then just a project box mounted to a flange on the socket: [Screw through earthed]

IMG_0444.JPG

IMG_3064_copy.JPG

Hope it helps.

You running 3 phase or using every power point in your house?

Id bet it wouldnt take long to get to the biol? :)

My house is wired 3 phase - original plan was to plug in to the 3 phase socket and use the project box to split the 3 phases to each element....

Apparently, if something goes wrong with 20 amp 415v its not good! :eek:

So, currently, I know how the phases are wired through my house so run leads to different rooms/GPOs.... but have a sparky lined up to have all 3, a power point each, installed in the brewery.

I have been batch sparging, the first runnings is boiling while I am recirculating the second, so I turn off one element, then when kettle is full [58 odd litres], 3 elements back on, it is between 8-12 minutes to the boil! - Brew day is done and dusted in 3 1/2 hours, including clean up!

Cheers

Hey Gav,

I got my kettle from Beerbelly and got them to weld on 3x 1" sockets on for me.... The 2400w elements are from them as well, very happy with them thus far [14 brews in]

Nothing exciting, sorry mate:

View attachment 55685

And then just a project box mounted to a flange on the socket: [Screw through earthed]

View attachment 55686

View attachment 55687

Hope it helps.

Hi Cocko,

I'm about to put together and electric kettle and want to include sockets on the conduit boxes like you've done. Did you source those sockets (C14, I think?) anywhere in particular? The IEC standard rates them for 10A at 70c, so I'm wondering if there'd be overheating issues with it drawing that current for extended periods of time, in close proximity to the hot elements? C15/C16 is rated for 120c so might be a better bet, but I don't have a heap of derelict equipment with those connections lying around to be cannibalised (plenty of stuff I can rip a C14 socket off, though).

Also, are those boxes waterproofed?

Cheers.

I paid for something like this today but won't take delivery until next weekend or so.

ours.jpg

nice, very nice,loks like you will fun with that setup....cheers....spog........
I paid for something like this today but won't take delivery until next weekend or so.

ours.jpg

Latest posts

Back