Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparge ring (my old manifold, slots a little too wide to be a good manifold, upgraded to falsies so didn't bother with making another)
7055fcd0.jpg

Flow close to inlet of ring:
68f964fb.jpg

At the other end:
3d17164a.jpg

reasonably happy :)

Hey do the STC-1000 (on/off) handle the HEX? wouldn't you overshoot all the time? Wouldn't it be much easier to get a PID controller?

From what I've seen I constantly over/undershot with a on/off setup... Switched to PID controlled and now sit on my target with about a .2->.4 swing

gav

Here's some piccies of The Liquid Lunch Brewery MK3 build - control box almost there - still to add the probes for the STC-1000's, the conduit and cable to the 4x elements and 1x pump. Will be installing a dedicated 32A circuit for the new brewery when I have the time!

View attachment 53108
Outside view - labels and brewery name to be added. Green switches control the HLT (LHS) and Hex (RHS) elements, red switch is pump, and blue switches are the 2x kettle elements.

View attachment 53109
Shot of the insides

View attachment 53110
Shot of the back of the STC-1000's and switches

View attachment 53112
Shot of the neutral bar and wiring in the bottom of the enclosure

Getting there! Itching to get it up and running, but working tomorrow so not gonna happen!

Cheers

All the fancy shit here really puts my brewery in the flintstones era. So, here it is, finally

You think you're in the flinstones era. I still rely on good old newtonian gravity.

PA140282.jpg

I think the batch I made on this particular day was rubbish, owing to me not using my trusty black milk crate. <_<

I think the batch I made on this particular day was rubbish, owing to me not using my trusty black milk crate. <_<
[/quote]

I pity the fool....what was ya thinken

I pity the fool....what was ya thinken

Lesson well and truly learnt. Black milk crates are essential for good home brew.

All the fancy shit here really puts my brewery in the flintstones era. So, here it is, finally

Nothing wrong with that lot :icon_cheers:

I've gotta do the old lift and tip for strike & sparge water but I'm happy... wouldn't mind sorting out a little herms setup for it eventually though.

x6h3fb.jpg

Nothing wrong with that lot :icon_cheers:

I've gotta do the old lift and tip for strike & sparge water but I'm happy... wouldn't mind sorting out a little herms setup for it eventually though.

x6h3fb.jpg

Gar, what materials did you use for that frame? I'm looking for something very similar.

They look like school desk frames joined together or something....

You think you're in the flinstones era. I still rely on good old newtonian gravity.
The drop of the edge of the balcony would give you enough pressure to run a hopback and a plate chiller without needing a pump. :)

View attachment 54690

hehe.. I'd never part with my red milk crates! One's even got the imprint of a keg stamped in its bottom so they sit real steady :p
btw, I considered sitting two chairs face to face and setting a plank or something between them and using that as a brew stand, but then I realised I'd have nowhere to sit anymore!

View attachment 54690

JD,

that's a nice view you've got there, greeting you as you kick back with a beer or several on brewday.

I get to stare at a jacuzzi that no one uses (that i'd love to sell), the cat's litter box, and the hot water service.

Gar, what materials did you use for that frame? I'm looking for something very similar.

They look like school desk frames joined together or something....

Here you go Matt - http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=893065

The frames actually made from Aluminium box section, and off cuts of Aluminium plate for the braces.... If I was to re-design I'd use something more substantial than Signwhite for the shelve faces themselves though.

Hi,

I've just done my first ag batch biab using a 50l keggle and an italian spiral burner w/stand i just got from Beerbelly. I'm wanting to setup a brew stand with it to get it up of the ground a bit as i have just ordered a plate chiller. Has anyone used one of the 1m Work Bench's from United Storage or a Steel table from the Big Green Shed? What is the heat resistence of them and would they withstand the weight? Or any other recomendations of something similar to use - i'm not very handy on the tools.

Thanks

A stack of concrete pavers (or bricks) works for me. I think Dr Smurto has something similar to get his kettle high enough to use a plate chiller.

A stack of concrete pavers (or bricks) works for me. I think Dr Smurto has something similar to get his kettle high enough to use a plate chiller.
If I'm not mistaken this is video features DrS's pile-of-bricks:
(and some hops and wort too)

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently became the proud owner of a stick welder and put it to use making a home for my rig. Nothing fancy, though I am pleased to have everything in one place for once.

DSC_0015 by _granty, on Flickr

DSC_0014_01 by _granty, on Flickr

No more buckets, no more milk-crates, no more multiple power leads to trip over :)

How come noone ever incorporates some kind of tray under the
kettle (on the welded frame rigs) for containing any boil-overs?

JD,

that's a nice view you've got there, greeting you as you kick back with a beer or several on brewday.

I get to stare at a jacuzzi that no one uses (that i'd love to sell), the cat's litter box, and the hot water service.

I don't live there anymore, but I used to get all kinds of strange looks by passers by. I've got a nice big double garage now and very lazy brew assistant who sleeps on the floor, just close enough to the burner to keep warm.

this has been a long, long time in the works, but i can almost taste the first brew.

just got to try and stay away from the thing for another week or so until exams are finished, then finish off the fermenting fridge and get brewing!

..although that said, with the amount of delays it has taken me to get this far, it wouldn't surprise me if that esky doesn't see any grain until september.

580036_10150955170472558_634868485_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back