Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put a hole in my swcond BIAB bag!!! Are those Craftbrewer ones resistant to vigorous mash stirring with a thin plastic mash paddle!?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I just put a hole in my swcond BIAB bag!!! Are those Craftbrewer ones resistant to vigorous mash stirring with a thin plastic mash paddle!?
Here's my tip... don't use a bag... just use a sheet of swiss voile instead! I've done about 30 AG brews since I started out, and they all have been done with the same sheet of voile. I just have a round sheet about 5-6 foot diameter, which the MIL hemmed at the edge for me. No holes, and still going strong.

BIAS I call it :D

Barneey,that is a fantastic setup,I am jealous very jealous.
Cheers....spog....

brando said:
Here's my tip... don't use a bag... just use a sheet of swiss voile instead! I've done about 30 AG brews since I started out, and they all have been done with the same sheet of voile. I just have a round sheet about 5-6 foot diameter, which the MIL hemmed at the edge for me. No holes, and still going strong.

BIAS I call it :D
Where can I get said voile?! =D Spotlight or lincraft?

barneey said:
Here is my brewery.

IMG_9804_zps77ab59ce.jpg

IMG_9808_zps6bf72a2d.jpg
GTFO Barneey! What a setup. Love the use of the scales on the MT. What's the aqua thingamy jig on the left - autoclave?

Cheers

The "aqua thingamy jig" is indeed an autoclave, useful for yeast preparation.

The rest of the equipment is based around a 3V system 150 boiler, 80 MT & 80 HLT, 110 conical, only trouble is it produces rather a lot of beer for only one person (good for green hop time of year tho), hence the Braumeister 20ltr unit (now sold to make way for the 50ltr unit build).

barneey said:
Cheers

The "aqua thingamy jig" is indeed an autoclave, useful for yeast preparation.

The rest of the equipment is based around a 3V system 150 boiler, 80 MT & 80 HLT, 110 conical, only trouble is it produces rather a lot of beer for only one person (good for green hop time of year tho), hence the Braumeister 20ltr unit (now sold to make way for the 50ltr unit build).
Need any new mates to help you drink some of the beer?

Great looking setup mate.

Geez. And here I was excited about a second (full size, there's also a 20L urn being used for sparge water hidden away) vessel I got a little while ago. Some of these rigs are awesome!

Plans for a third vessel + herms are already under way.

It wasn't so long ago that I thought BIAB would keep me satisfied for years to come. What a fool I was.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1406411663.213055.jpg

StalkingWilbur said:
Geez. And here I was excited about a second (full size, there's also a 20L urn being used for sparge water hidden away) vessel I got a little while ago. Some of these rigs are awesome!

Plans for a third vessel + herms are already under way.

It wasn't so long ago that I thought BIAB would keep me satisfied for years to come. What a fool I was.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1406411663.213055.jpg
Nice! How does that burner go?

How does the stepped top shelf effect the structural integrity?

Still not 100% functional, the control panel still needs to be built but the plumbing is pretty much complete (ignore the setup of the hoses in this pic :) )

gallery_31581_1212_78341.jpg

Right to Left

HLT with HERMS (5500w)
MT
BK (5500w)

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Hey mate, I bought my voile from (lincraft I think?). The one that is downstairs at Northland.
Was in the section with that sheer stuff for hanging in front of windows. This was a year or so ago, so no guarantees it is still there.

I got mine at Spotlight in the curtain section. Buttload of different types. Just ask a cute sales asst. She'll help you :)

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Spotlight in the curtains section.

EEEk there's a man in the store, there's a man in the store......... :p

Bribie G said:
Spotlight in the curtains section.

EEEk there's a man in the store, there's a man in the store......... :p
I always get odd looks when I go in to buy a length of calico for my annual christmas pudding run.

Reasonably well organised chaos, can even fit a car in the garage. Or so they tell me.

brauhaus 1.jpg

I'm also a sheet o voile fan. Learn to tie a hangman's noose and you are well set.

brauhaus 2.jpg

CoopsOz said:
How does the stepped top shelf effect the structural integrity?
There are support beams under each section. There's plenty of strength there.

It was originally designed as BIAB brew stand. You can see the upright on the lower section, there's an arm above that with a pulley system. If I did had known how quickly we would move up then I would've just built a flat bench.

Latest posts

Back