SE QLD Xmas-in-July 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madpierre06 said:
Nah mate, that was Meno turning up at 5. I have to start work at 5, so I will turn up about a qtr. to 2, say g'day, drop my beers off, do the keg deal with Earle, have a couple beers, and toddle off. If anyone is still going at 3pm on Sunday, I finish work at 2pm so can drop through :lol: I'll be dropping off a few Wild Ryed Saisons courtesy of our good friend meno as well, I have a coupl;e left of a batch he generously donated to yours truly so figured it'd be worth sharing 'em.
Good to see you took my suggestion of a coffee beer. Look forward to catching up, haven't forgotton the imperial stout that I owe you. I'll bring a few along so I can contribute to the Sunday morning headaches.

I'll be bringing a keg of a beer I brewed to test out Gladfields shepherds delight malt, and a growler of a brett plum sour. And some commercial beers.

Done and done. Just need to arrange a drop off to Master Jäpps.

5 tasters for me, one of which is going fridge tonight for tomorrow night.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1435833153.129077.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
I'll be bringing a keg of a beer I brewed to test out Gladfields shepherds delight malt, and a growler of a brett plum sour. And some commercial beers.
To quote The Crowdies, "You better be there 't two" so I can try it. :D

I'm planning on doing a rejig of the cream ale I did before but substitute as many grains as I can with the Gladfield.

Ciderman said:
Good to see you took my suggestion of a coffee beer. Look forward to catching up, haven't forgotton the imperial stout that I owe you. I'll bring a few along so I can contribute to the Sunday morning headaches.
Yeah, thanks for the prompt mate. I'm looking forward to trying that one of yours also. If I've had to head off before you get there, just leave it in my swap crates (three long wooden carry handled wood crates).

We'll hammer BT with "Hi Angus" threads so you can feel left out mate :p

Liam_snorkel said:
I shall bring a dubbel with all gladfields then mate. Pilsner, redback and shepherd's delight. Also the usual barrel aged lambic bottles .

Beersuit said:
I shall bring a dubbel with all gladfields then mate. Pilsner, redback and shepherd's delight. Also the usual barrel aged lambic bottles .
awesome!

my swap beer is all gladfields other than some simpson's brown malt and a bitty carafa.

No problemo Beersuit.

If anyone wants it - there is a stand-alone beer tap on the bar that you can use (just bring a bag of ice), it'll save bringing a party keg setup if you're getting a lift.

winkle said:
No problemo Beersuit.

If anyone wants it - there is a stand-alone beer tap on the bar that you can use (just bring a bag of ice), it'll save bringing a party keg setup if you're getting a lift.
I'll take you up on your offer Perry, getting a drop off by a mate so it saves me dragging my dodgy Styrofoam box around. You have have bucket or should I bring one along?

Liam_snorkel said:
Brett Plum Sour? Oh hell yes!

I've just got a mish-mash of my latest brews in an esky being couriered in by HWall95. As for the Wild Rye Saison I brewed that Mad Pierre is bringing... I don't know if 'donating' is the right term - it was more like 'off-loading' (That guy is pretty crazy) :p

We should have a beer betting pool. The owner of the first keg emptied wins...

hwall95 said:
I'll take you up on your offer Perry, getting a drop off by a mate so it saves me dragging my dodgy Styrofoam box around. You have have bucket or should I bring one along?
We should be able to sort out the bucket and gas.

Can be arranged Liam!

**SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY***
1. Winkle - Biere de Noel Ale 8.5% (dark/sour) ready to drink 1 Sep 2015 (probably)
2. Ciderman - Red Rye IPA 6.5% 66IBU - Should be ready to drink by swap date.
3. HBHB - Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 10.5% - going light this time
4. madpierre06 - Coffee Imperial Stout 4 is cold steeped coffee addition, 4 as is means straight bean addition, 18 hour soak. Bottled 2/7, give minimum month to drink.
5. liam_snorkel - robust porter
6. Parks - Coffee Stout.
7. luggy- Irish Ale, 6.2%, Be at its best from early august.
8. hwall95 - Mocha Stout
9. Meno - Kiwi Bright Ale
10. Seehuusen - American Wheat IPA
11. Angus - raisin porter
12.Natdene - some kind of IPA
13. Lukiferj - Dark Rye Saison
14. rokaxe - IRA 6.8%, 97 IBU (ready to drink Aug 2nd, soz)
15. Ballantyne - brew- ale
16. Benken25 - rice lager with lemongrass and black pepper
17. Brewkid - (IPA - LATE SCRATCHING) OATMEAL STOUT 4.7% now replacing it, ready to drink now.
18. Beersuit - Gladfields Belgian blonde.
19. Fattox - imperial dark lager
20. Adr_0 - English IPA
21. Radshoes - Vanilla Mocha Porter
22. Aydos - Dark rye IPA
23. Earle - Hoppy Hefe
24. Screamadelica - TBC
Reserve

Going but not swapping (people who are going but aren't in the case swap)
1. kegs23(trying to get best mate to change date for his 40th birthday,if he does i am there)
2. tazman1967
3. Peege
4. Newy
5. Sqyre
6. NickB
7. Taylor
8. Daniel (tentative)
9 wombil, Just back from the bush.buggers drank all my booze but I got a load of wood for the night

Food (evening pizza run)

Winkle - chips, nuts and those big casava crackers. Coffee/OJ for breakfast (plus whatever we're short of)
Earle - smoked peanuts, smoked cheese and crackers, hopefully smoked rye ale (if there's enough left) - there's not a common theme at all
Meno - Warm Cheesy Puffs & Crisps
Adr_0 - warm nuts (...and some home roasted almonds and macadamias, should be enough to go around)

20150703_140029.jpg

Just had a taste of the black IPA I'll be bringing tomorrow to share around, not a bad drop. Will also be bringing snacks and whatnot

ok then
sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

If you get a red 21 you got the last of the mocha porter - It must have been ok because my FIL had been hitting it a lot more than I thought.

If you have a green 21 it is a fairly basic APA. Bravo, Colombus, Chinook and either keg hopped with warrior or mosaic - my record keeping isn't that great!

I will be picking up some sort of meats from the markets tomorrow for snacks and I am not sure what beer I will be bringing because I have not really been brewing too much lately due to time constraints.

Latest posts

Back