SE QLD Xmas-in-July 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adr_0 said:
Thanks very much Martin for driving me down and back safely, for Parks for distributing all the swap beers, Perry and Anna for putting on an amazing gig and brekky, and Luggy and Aydos for showing us what love truly is...

Ciderman and brewkid - if you want to use champagne bottles for ciders or Belgians (or like highly carbonated porter like I do...), you will need a tirage bell and 29mm bottle caps. There are a few places that sell them.

Earle and newy, let me know if you want the saison and amber ale recipes and I will put them up somewhere.
Thanks for the info Adr_0 and for sharing the cider and porter. Loved it.
A big thanks to Perry and Anna for being the perfect hosts and to everyone who shared beer and knowledge. It was my first swap and I am looking forward to the next one. Perry - you are just a Galaga table away from having the best bar on the planet!!

earle said:
Also trying to remember who it was that asked me to post feedback on their swap beer as I was towing my kegerator over the gutter out the back as I was leaving. Aydos, was that you and your dark rye IPA?
Yes that was me with that one but unfortunately the alcohol has severely affected my memory and I forgot what was said.

aydos said:
Yes that was me with that one but unfortunately the alcohol has severely affected my memory and I forgot what was said.
Ha ha, me too. Pretty sure it was about leaving enough feedback on your swap beer to be useful. :beer:

Is anyone missing a sleeping bag?

Did we succeed in ringing up Yob on the night? I can vaguely recall the attempt to set up inter-swap communications about when Florian produced the growler of BICS - then nothing was very clear.

Ha ha, that would have been an unsuccessful call. I was out Saturday night and got home at 4 am.
Managed to sneak in a return of the dread and la praline at brewski. Both great beers.

winkle said:
when Florian produced the growler of BICS - then nothing was very clear.
Dang, had I been able to make it I was going to bring along a tallie of that stuff that somehow got squirreled away. Mind you, if Florian produced a growler of it that means there's a keg still inhabiting the earth somewhere. Poor *******. :icon_drunk:

Quick question;

Has anyone used any especially interesting yeasts that might be worth harvesting from the bottles? My Kiwi Bright Ale is just brewed on good ol' US-05 (and no worse off for it). I'm just wondering if it's worth saving the dregs for re-culturing from anyone's bottles...

menoetes said:
Quick question;

Has anyone used any especially interesting yeasts that might be worth harvesting from the bottles? My Kiwi Bright Ale is just brewed on good ol' US-05 (and no worse off for it). I'm just wondering if it's worth saving the dregs for re-culturing from anyone's bottles...
I think 19. Fattox - imperial dark lager was brewed with The Yeast Bay's Franconian lager yeast (http://www.theyeastbay.com/brewers-yeast-products/franconian-dark-lager )

Mine is brewed with Wyeast 1217-PC West Coast IPA, happy to give you a little jar of it, though it is now on its 3rd incarnation (https://www.wyeastlab.com/PC4thq2013.cfm)

Mine has a blend of W3711 and W3725 which should provide a sourish saison, if you like that sort of thing. Bottle conditioned so there should be a fair bit of yeast in the lees

mine used Wy1469 - was cold crashed and filled from the keg so there probably isn't much yeast in there..

nope, mine was US-05..

I'm getting worried about my porter now given the high quality of the beers I have tried so far... :-O

Might put in a tester for Friday night. That way, if it is crap, I can tell everyone to wait until November and hopefully they will lose the bottles by then.. :lol:

Ciderman said:
That Lambic (Anthony?) was the best beer for me and probably one of the best I've ever had. Need to get a barrel now... Thanks to the hosts, what a great night!
Well I've sorted myself a barrel! The fellow I was referring to above. Tall guy, curly hair - from Toowoomba area. Is he on this forum? Please point him out if you know him, wanted to ask a few questions about that particular beer.

Latest posts

Back