Screw you Bud

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually a pretty decent ad. Regardless of the picture painted. A bit like saying you should drink nescaff blend 43 as opposed to single origins roasted and made fresh.

What is 'craft' beer nowadays anyway? Seems to me the category is broadening, and especially for media-types and journos they'd no doubt capture Squires, Matilda Bay, Sail & Anchor etc as craft beer. Their sales are all probably going up, not that Lion Co or CUB would care.

had a beer a while ago from a large brewery and they called it a "garage brew" ffs

Desperate times for a shit beer. Serves them right for screwing over the original Budweiser (Budvar), which is a decent beer!

Beercus

I don't really get what they're trying to achieve with the ad. I mean, they're making fun of craft beer and craft beer drinkers, so they're not trying to win craft drinkers over to the brand. Apparently they're not aiming to get non-beer drinkers to start drinking Bud, either, judging by the bit about "The people who drink our beer are people who like to drink beer". The only thing I can think of is that they're trying to consolidate their current customers and perhaps prevent them from moving to craft beer. If that's the case, then they really are scared of the growth of craft beer.

Bud and Bud Light were the worst beers I ever drank whilst living in the US. Many times you would go to a BBQ and be told don't worry we will have all the beer you can drink, just to find they had a keg of Miller Light and a keg of Bud Light on....FFS.

I'd rather not drink that drink that crap.

And then, I see farking Pabst Farking Blue Farking C-ck sarking Blue Ribbon in Dans...... christ, kill me now. When I lived there only the people living under the bridge over passes ever drank that stuff.

Thank god I always had a Leinys nearby....

It almost seems like a very childish way to have a go at craft beer drinkers. To be honest id rather drink a pumpkin peach ale they take the piss out of in the add then budwieser.

I thought it was a perfect way to place a benchmark..

"don't want people who scrutinise beer"

Well colour me turquoise.. Really?

Face it fuckers.. Your day is done.

Enter beer with attitude.. And people who want it..

I liked the demographic quoted, 21 to 27 was it? And a massive swing in those that had never even had one..

Er.. I'm out of that gap, but count me in it ;)

The backlash begins...

[media]http://youtu.be/VCgkTeuJkR8[/media]

And now we're all talking about Budweiser. Obviously it's not making an impact to us here because of availability, but imagine every extra dry drinker here hearing people get up in arms about a silly ad. They'd just be getting all confirmation biased and loving watching everyone get into a lather. It was a fantastic ad and it seems that is has caused exactly the reaction it was after.

All these craft drinkers/brewers are now talking about Budweiser. Fancy that.

Er.. Yes.. Talking about out the side of their faces..

All I can say is.. I loved the ad and agreed with 'some' of their points. Particularly the bit about their clients not thinking but drinking..

Guffaw

beercus said:
Serves them right for screwing over the original Budweiser (Budvar), which is a decent beer!
There used to be only one Budweiser - now there's two.

I'd also prefer the original.

Edit - that Pumpkin Peach Beer in the ad sounds interesting too! ;)

Personally I'd be unlikely to put pumpkin and peaches together in the same dish, let alone drink a beer with the two made by a bud owned company.

manticle said:
Personally I'd be unlikely to put pumpkin and peaches together in the same dish, let alone drink a beer with the two made by a bud owned company.
A ) I was joking (hence the wink)
B ) I'm trying not to discuss that B beer
C ) I'd be more likely to try the Pumpkin/Peach concoction than the B beer if it were available.

For the first time I drank ,I more correctly tried a Bud on the flight home from Europe early last year,as a comparison I would much rather lick my mother inlaws feet,which I did :) to get the taste out of my mouth.
Americas version of VB, Fckn horrible shite.

Latest posts

Back