Screw you Bud

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ad said they are the one and only Budweiser. However this is not true is it?

I really like the ad though. Nothing wrong with showing some pride being a Macro beer company.

pumpkin peach ale sounding good. Can we have an imperial version please?

Boasting about brewing some 'golden suds', hardly inspires me to go and buy their beer.

From that line, I get the impression it's going to be like piss......which I guess shows that at least they know their product.

I find Bud very well brewed and very consistent. The ad is clever as well. Okay, as a homebrewer and a beer lover I gravitate towards craft, Euro, British and so on but fact is, I would rather drink a Budweiser macro brew than a poorly made overpriced craft beer - and believe me there are plenty of really bad overpriced craft beers out there, some just not right and others with serious flaws. In some cases, so bad that if I made it myself, it would end up as lawn fertilizer.

labels said:
I find Bud very well brewed and very consistent. The ad is clever as well. Okay, as a homebrewer and a beer lover I gravitate towards craft, Euro, British and so on but fact is, I would rather drink a Budweiser macro brew than a poorly made overpriced craft beer - and believe me there are plenty of really bad overpriced craft beers out there, some just not right and others with serious flaws. In some cases, so bad that if I made it myself, it would end up as lawn fertilizer.
There is certainly a craft - or maybe more accurately a science - to the consistent production of these beers and they have their place.

Just not at my place.

But I have to admit that I end up appreciating many of the 'yellow fizzy water' more than I might have a while back. Maybe I know what I'm tasting now and appreciate what it takes to make it right every time.

Back