Robbed While Asleep

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Online Brewing Supplies

**** OBS ****
Reaction score
Had a quite night on Friday, no beers at all.Woke up Saturday morning and found we had been robbed while we were asleep. :angry: The pricks had forced open one of our windows and entered the house stole a Mac book the wife's purse and the keys to the brand new car. All gone. Hope they catch the bastards. Car will probably be trashed but no personal injuries so that one positive.Beware they are out there.
GB

Had a quite night on Friday, no beers at all.Woke up Saturday morning and found we had been robbed while we were asleep. :angry: The pricks had forced open one of our windows and entered the house stole a Mac book the wife's purse and the keys to the brand new car. All gone. Hope they catch the bastards. Car will probably be trashed but no personal injuries so that one positive.Beware they are out there.
GB

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. I hope they catch the buggers and flog them.

It's the feeling of invasion that sucks just as much as the losses.
Actually real glad I didn't wake up judging by the very sharp object found broken off in the window frame. Looked like a tomahawk blade. Scary. Forensics got some prints so may be they will nail the pricks. The police have been great. Fortunate my 4WD was being use by a mate that weekend and not at the house as it is not insured for theft. Also broke into the brew shed but nothing missing as far as I can tell. Better drink all my beer just in case they return. :icon_cheers:
GB

My mum got robbed about 6 weeks ago and they took quite a bit of stuff. They cut themselves whilst breaking in and left two drops of blood. Caught the guy last week for something else and have got him on this robbery through DNA as well. He'll probably get off as he is addicted to drugs.

sorry to hear that mate we got broken into twice in three months not long ago what pissed me more than the losses was how much in made the mss feel unsafe in her own house

i wish i was at home at the time because it would be hard to break into any more houses once ive broken there legs in 6 places

sorry to hear that mate we got broken into twice in three months not long ago what pissed me more than the losses was how much in made the mss feel unsafe in her own house

i wish i was at home at the time because it would be hard to break into any more houses once ive broken there legs in 6 places
Yeah dont hit them in the head it just makes them angry.
GB

gutless bastards, hope they catch them GB

i got mixed up in a home invasion of march this year, i work away a lot so rent rooms wherever i am, anyway I woke to a bloke kicking the bedroom door in and shoving a broken bottle in my face at 2 in the morning, they bashed the bloke that was in the room next to mine but didn't have a go at me, put the wind up me for awhile though.

Dave

Gezz.
Its quite scary to think that bastards like this are breaking into peoples homes whilst they are home.
I'm not a huge bloke but im also not afraid of a bit of fisty cuffs. But I wouldnt want to be confronted by someone breaking into my house. Who knows what drugs they are likely to be on plus if they've woken me up I'm likely not 100% coherent.

As a side note - looking at the fact that you're mac was stollen I hope you have all your photos etc backed up. We become so complacent these days taking a million happy snaps but only downloading them to one place. I've setup a file server in my shed which backs up the two laptops continually. If the laptops get stollen thats shit luck but atleast all our photos will be safe. Too many of my freinds have had laptops stollen and lost 5+ years of photos and memories. My only concern is fire - but fire would distroy hard copies - but it is encouraging me to look at off site storage options.

Gezz.
Its quite scary to think that bastards like this are breaking into peoples homes whilst they are home.
I'm not a huge bloke but im also not afraid of a bit of fisty cuffs. But I wouldnt want to be confronted by someone breaking into my house. Who knows what drugs they are likely to be on plus if they've woken me up I'm likely not 100% coherent.

As a side note - looking at the fact that you're mac was stollen I hope you have all your photos etc backed up. We become so complacent these days taking a million happy snaps but only downloading them to one place. I've setup a file server in my shed which backs up the two laptops continually. If the laptops get stollen thats shit luck but atleast all our photos will be safe. Too many of my freinds have had laptops stollen and lost 5+ years of photos and memories. My only concern is fire - but fire would distroy hard copies - but it is encouraging me to look at off site storage options.
It was the wife's Laptop and she was writing her thesis for her masters degree.It's all gone.
GB

No good mate. Do you live in Bassendean?

No offence to where you live but it does not surprise me.. There is always shit going down around the Guildford / Bassendean area.
Shame because it is a nice place.

No good mate. Do you live in Bassendean?

No offence to where you live but it does not surprise me.. There is always shit going down around the Guildford / Bassendean area.
Shame because it is a nice place.
Yes and right near a train station, I see all the wierdo's wandering past the place as my office is at the front of the house. To be honest no area is immune to break ins and violence. The area we live in is quite exclusive and usually very quite.
GB

Sorry to hear that mate that feeling of someone entering into your space is hard to shift Ive had my car broken into and it was bad then into my home geez

Im actually more afraid of what I would do if I ever caught someone in my house I reckon Id be one of those guys the burglars sue for deprivation of liberty or something reckon Id just see red.

A few year back my GF rang me when I was at work the pub and she said someone was banging on the door trying to get in only worked about 1-2min drive away was there in about 30 secs to find some douche at the door yelling. We lived up 4 flights of steps and he went down everyone of them. When cops arrived I think they were more concerned for the other guy cause I was standing over him, totally fuming lucky I had half a brain not to do anything too bad how I restrained myself I dont know. Now I have kids I think that restraint would be lost.

Totally feel for you mate.

That sucks mate! And no, your neighborhood area doesn't necessarily have to be a bad one to suffer a break in. I read in the paper recently that Mosman & Cremorne have one of the highest break-in rates in all of Sydney. For those of you not familiar, were talking ritzy places on the harbour that are some of the wealthiest suburbs in the country with average house prices of >$2m. Robbers travel there from vast distances to break into these homes as all they'd need to do is pickup the odd stray wristwatch, necklace and a handbag while the occupants are out on their yachts and there's half of an average mans annual wage right there.

About 5 or 6 years ago my bedroom was on a second storey at the front of the house, my girlfriend and I came home fairly late one night after being out, I opened the door to my balcony as it was summer and hot (as I did virtually every night). An hour or so later we still hadnt gone to sleep yet *tee hee hee*, when afterwards my gf looked down on the floor next to the bed and noticed her handbag was missing.

Yep, so during coitus, some ******* climbed up onto the balcony, snuck into my room while we were stark naked & going at it, lucky for him the lights happened to be off, and nicked her handbag with her purse & mobile, and my mobile and then buggered off back down over the balcony. We were just completely baffled and it took us a fair while to figure out what the hell happened to our stuff.

Anyway, I kid you not, not one month later, less than a week after we'd gotten our replacement phones, I stayed the night at her place 5km away, she lived in a one bedroom unit on the second floor. Same situation, we got home late one night, left my mobile & her handbag with purse & mobile on the coffee table in the lounge room, which was directly opposite the bedroom door. she always kept her balcony door open in the summer, we woke up in the morning probably only a few hours after we'd gone to bed & both were gone.

Now we thought the first time was baffling, this time around we started thinking we must have a crazy stalker following us home! I still cant get over that....

I found it helps just a little to stop and think that these people have a sad pathetic life, they truelly are worthless and nothing they can steal from you can change that.
One bloke took a crap in my shed once and my god it was almost a foot high an a foot wide, despite the mess I had to clean up I had a damn good laugh at the poor excuse for a person. I don't know if thats karma or not but he must have almost busted his arse wide open.

I found it helps just a little to stop and think that these people have a sad pathetic life, they truelly are worthless and nothing they can steal from you can change that.
One bloke took a crap in my shed once and my god it was almost a foot high an a foot wide, despite the mess I had to clean up I had a damn good laugh at the poor excuse for a person. I don't know if thats karma or not but he must have almost busted his arse wide open.

:eek: yes but that's not stealing... thats just shitting in someones shed.. what the flip!!!
there is no emoticon for what i am trying to express here..)

:eek: yes but that's not stealing... thats just shitting in someones shed.. what the flip!!!
there is no emoticon for what i am trying to express here..)

I have a feeling I must have disturbed him when I got home, he put a guitar in a case but didn't take it thankfully, took other stuff though, anyway when I disturbed him I think thats when he run out the back and shat himself almost to death in my back shed.

Lovely isn't it Jayse? People truly amaze me.

I actually walked out of my house one saturday afternoon to find someone in my backyard, sitting on the retaining wall. When I asked her what she was doing she replied "taking a shit, what does it look like". She then stood up, pulled up her pants and walked off down the driveway. To this day I still can't think of a response to her reply, I was, and still am speechless.

As for your experience GB it sounds appalling, my wife would be beside herself thinking that someone could be in your house as you described, your very lucky they were only thieves and not something more sinister. Time to get security screening if you don't already have it.

Andrew

Sorry to hear about that GB. Thieving is one of my pet hates. Chop the fuckers feet and hands off I reckon. Get yourself a dog.
Steve

Back