Robbed While Asleep

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Far out GB that would not be fun at all. Some bright sensor lights around your house can help as well. These scum don't like it when everyone can see them.

Found the car, in South Headland. 1600 k north of the house. Five people (natural australians) in the car at the time. One has been charged with stealing the car but not with the house invasion. The guy has 96 previous charges, but is likely to get away with it ! How fuc..ked is that. I dont feel safe in my own country.
GB

Found the car, in South Headland. 1600 k north of the house. Five people (natural australians) in the car at the time. One has been charged with stealing the car but not with the house invasion. The guy has 96 previous charges, but is likely to get away with it ! How fuc..ked is that. I dont feel safe in my own country.
GB

Australia is not what it once was mate

Kind of sort of along the same lines....

A coworker has to appear in court in a little over a week for interfering in a police investigation. I hope his lawyer isn't a complete fool.

He got home from work and noticed some guy with a backpack walking down the street. Didn't think too much of it. He sat down in the garage and started to take his boots off and then he noticed the same guy had reversed direction. That got his attention, especially since his truck had been broken into the month prior.

So he started to watch him, and he's acting very weird. Kind of hiding behind things as he's walking down the street. So my friend gets in his truck and starts to follow him. He pulled up on the guy and asked him what he was doing. "Mind your own business." Then he took off running around the corner.

My friend wheels around the corner and he's gone - disappeared. So he drives about halfway up the block, looking between the houses and he can't find him. So he stops, puts the truck in reverse, and the back-up lights illuminate the guy crouched down in front of a vehicle on the street. My friend has had enough of this guy by this time.

He gets out of the truck and basically throws the guy into the box of the truck. The guy keeps telling him to mind his own business and "**** off" (his actual words), but won't fight back, which my friend found odd, even though he was literally kicking his ass at the time. Then a black car appears out of nowhere and the mysterious guy jumps in and it races off.

So my friend goes home, gets his neighbour, and they start to search for this car. Eventually they find it in the parking lot of a nearby grocery store. The mysterious backpack "gentleman" is gone but the driver is in the car. So they blocked him in with the truck so he couldn't drive away and surround the vehicle. The driver rolls down the window and says "Why can't you mind your own business?" and at the same time lifts a blanket to reveal a laptop and a badge.

At this point my friend realizes they're undercover cops, and goes home.

Fast forward 5 months and he receives a summons to appear in court. Just how in the hell was he supposed to know they were cops, especially given how weird they were acting?

I honestly don't think any harm will come of his court appearance, - but - it's going to cost him a small fortune to defend himself. The only good to come of this is that I now know that an undercover police officer must admit that they're a cop if you ask if they're a cop. If you just ask who they are and what they're doing, they don't have to say anything, even, apparently, if you're literally kicking their ass with steel toed boots. ;)

Ouch. Kinda funny though. Hope he doest cop too much in court - though I agree its gunna do some damage to his sky rocket.

Glad you got the car back GB, and hope it wasn't trashed, but NewGuy's comment is interesting. I like to watch those cop reality shows, especially the car chase and helicopter chase ones and something really grabbed my interest the other week. It was just an 'on the beat' sort of show set in the US Midwest somewhere and two cops had apprehended a carload of deadbeats where one of them had thrown a full beer can out of the window at another car at traffic lights and smashed a window.
The cop was saying " you don't throw beer cans at other cars, and that's why you are going to go to jail".
Hang on, jail for throwing a can? Sounds a bit dramatic here in the country where you can go to jail for five years with three years off for good behaviour if you half murder and rape a pensioner but demonstrate that you had a harsh upbringing at the hands of the nuns and are an addict etc etc et bloody cetera.

So I did a bit of digging around and did you know that out of the 8 million people in jail throughout the world, fully 2 million of them are incarcerated in the USA. Also their police numbers are twice ours per head of population - and it's common to get a huge sentence for something that in Australia would warrant a tap on the wrist. For example shoplifting can get you a jail sentence. However the question is, with this huge and almost relentless policing and incarceration "industry", does it actually have any effect on the crime rate I wonder?

My old dad was a police sergeant beat cop and had a full career in the UK bobbies, and he had a favourite theory that there would be 15 % of the population who, if disappeared Argentina style, would never be missed and would clear up the crime rate overnight. As well as saving the country a fortune. Probably had a good point.

Back