RecipeDB - Super Landlord

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1275 is nothing like 1469....

It happens that 1275 is my second favourite yeast; so it's not that it's bad, it's just nothing like 1469....
Best wy sub would be ringwood, imo. Although there is a new whitlabs, and a new proculture (I think thats the name of it? Gryphon Brewing sells it) yeasts available, which are purported to be very similar (if not the same). Might want to give one of those a try.

I have purchased two wee bottles of Proculture 'Wood Ale' that is supposed to be similar to 1469, from Gryphon. Arrived across the Continent in 36 hours and was fridge temp. when it arrived. Currently in my fridge. Run out of Golden Promise so I'm hanging out B)

Ringwood is a very good sub for 1469, I have found. It was originally a Yorkshire strain from the old Hull brewery and is a true top cropper but of course it has been propagated and spread all over the planet now from the USA to Sweden etc so probably not completely true to what it used to be on Humberside.

<modesty>

It produced two brews that got me winning places in comps, the above SuperLandlord and a UK Mild pitched off slurry from the SuperLandlord so it's not a bad option

</modesty>

Latest posts

Back