Qld Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, not sure on the whole etiquite for this thing, but if I had managed to score a keg of Brewdog Punk IPA, would it be welcome at this event? OR is it just homebrew....
Absolutely King brown. Bring it along we're not snobs or anything but we'll have to taste it a few times to see if its worthy :p
Daz

Guys, not sure on the whole etiquite for this thing, but if I had managed to score a keg of Brewdog Punk IPA, would it be welcome at this event? OR is it just homebrew....

(ahem) We could make an exception for that :icon_chickcheers: :icon_drunk:

(Usually the unwritten rule for swaps is that if you can't provide a supply of home brewed quality beer, then bring along some decent commercial varieties. It's all about sharing after all.)

In that case, has anyone coming got an inline flow restrictor or some flow controlled taps they could bring?

It is slightly overcarbed.

In that case, has anyone coming got an inline flow restrictor or some flow controlled taps they could bring?

It is slightly overcarbed.

I don't have either, but I'd guess someone would have a flow controlled tap. Do you have a coupler for the keg?

Already transferred to cornys. Might not even need one, I think there was a design fault in the key keg it came in, but I would hate to have a keg there we couldnt pour.

Beer looked good enough in the cornys....

I'll bring along some jugs (insert Benny Hill theme music) in case. :icon_cheers:

I'll bring along some jugs (insert Benny Hill theme music) in case. :icon_cheers:
images.jpg

TP

shit...shit...shit...shit...shit...shit...shit...shit...shit...shit...shit... shit...shit...shit...shit...

screw you guys

;)

(ahem) We could make an exception for that :icon_chickcheers: :icon_drunk:

(Usually the unwritten rule for swaps is that if you can't provide a supply of home brewed quality beer, then bring along some decent commercial varieties. It's all about sharing after all.)

swingers-party-groups.jpg

Just bottled my Schwarzbier. About half way through I finally found a way of bottling without any foaming in the bottles at all. As a result I have 8 excellent bottled beers, and the rest would rate as a very good.
Am sure no one will spot the difference...

Had to pour myself a glass, couldn't resist that aroma. Don't usually drink at this time of the day unless I'm still awake from the day before (which happens rarely these days), but the daughter is still sleeping so grabbed the opportunity.

I can highly recommend this beer for breakfast, might take some extra bottles for Sunday morning.

How'd you go about achieving no foaming mate? With the CPBF i assume?

I found that if i put new lids on (including the little collar thing) after i CPBF bottled, it would foam up with the jolt. If the collar thing was already on, just screwing the lid down was a marked improvement, but still a bit of foam.

I'd like to know the secret too...

My beer may be slightly undercarbonated due to only having been in the keg since Tuesday, but it's tasting OK :)

Using the PET CPBF. Usually bottles would always foam up a little when filling, squirt beer when taking the bottle out of the filler and by the time the lid went on there would be a few cm of foam in the bottle. As a result my beer always came out a little undercarbed.

The 'secret' is very simple: Just fill very, very, very slowly. Purge bottle as usual, turn top handle to beer out and open, then very slowly turn that chrome lever, until only a trickle comes out. Fill bottle until it's full to the brim, just push the top handle down, leave the chrome lever where it is, take bottle out and quickly cap. No foam at all, and more beer in the bottle, so less (actually no) space for gas to escape once capped. Works with new caps. Takes about 30 to 40 seconds per bottle, at a guess.

Not sure why I hadn't worked that out earlier...

hmmm... sounds exactly what i do... very slowly. But tend to get a bit of foam still. Maybe a bit slower still.

I had also noticed that if once i shut off the beer flow and leave it for a few seconds with pressure on, foaming is better when capping.

So should I bring 2 cornies of Punk or just the 1?

There is only 12 of us, but I do love an IPA.....

I do the same as Florian & manage to fill to the brim with minimum foaming most times. Filling to the brim is ok if keeping the bottles cold until drinking but perhaps I should leave a 12mm or so gap to allow for expansion when the Swap PET's warm up? Comments please.

TP

I might be bring one other with me, sadly I can't recall exactly what I'd discussed last Saturday night :blink: .
Looks like my beer will be the Biere de Garde keg (hope it'll travel ok), with a growler or two of Saison Noir.

So should I bring 2 cornies of Punk or just the 1?

I'm pretty sure I'd be able to drink a few litres :lol:

Do you mean that they might explode, Pete? I don't think so to be honest, I know I had some bottles before filled to the brim, no issues.

Latest posts

Back