Qld Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. DKS - German lager.
2. Bradsbrew - Dry Oatmeal Stout. In new bottles and CAPS
3. Florian - Something lagerish I guess
4. TidalPete - Maybe Baby! Vanilla Mocha Porter
5. Paxx - Just a simple APA with some nice fresh Amarillo
7. Argon (not attending only swapping sad.gif ) - Munich Helles
8. Parks - Robust Porter
10. Winkle - 11*11*11 Belgian Wheat Stout
13. NickB - Sex Panther Black IPA (7%, 90IBU)
14. King Brown Brewing - Double IP-Heyyyyyyyyyy
15. Liver Shank Ambroisiares - Bourbon soaked peach Dunkelweiss

Attending -
1. Dougsbrew

Food / Attending

Bradsbrew - I'll bring a casserole for the Bay Marie
Florian - Pad Ka-Prao (Thai Pork Basil)
TidalPete - Hash Browns for brekky as per usual + heap of salami & egg appertiser thingos + spiced peanuts + keg Hefeweizen.
Winkle +1 (maybe 2) - Roast Pork/rice for d' bain marie, coffee and a keg of saison noir or BdG
Paxx - Potato bake and hopefully some prawns with a keg
NickB - Bacon, eggs, Sausages, bread, onion relish + a keg-shaped vessel
Snow - Slow cooked Kangaroo Korma
Sav - Japanese curry
Parks - roast beef, maybe try to get a heap of breadrolls, bucket-o-gravy, keg-o-something
King Brown Brewing - My famous Cauliflower bake + keg of something
Livershank - Something meaty, something doughy and something marinated
Dougsbrew -

Howszat?

good,

how about i bring some munchies crisps, nuts or any other type of food needed?

Also to all attending the QLD XMAS case swap, you will get you very own limited edition QLD XMAS case swap schooner glass....

Glasses003.jpg

If you can't make out the picture, it is a cane toad, with a santas hat on, coming out of a beer keg, drinking a schooner and giving the thumbs up.

If you squint really hard it actually looks like what I described.

So no need for anyone to bring any glasses to drink out of.

Shitty Iphone camera.....

Good work mate :icon_cheers:

Doug: sounds good to me, unless Daz can think of something?

Daz will there be an oven of any sorts?

(sorry if it has already been mentioned)

Need to know if I need to cook tonight, and reheat tomorrow or what.

Would be better fresher thats all....

I'll be cooking my casserole up today/tonight but will make the mix for Peshwari bread in the morning, they'll cook well on the barbie might bring the portable butane gas burner to reheat the casserole. I wont be there till around 4ish. What times the official kick of Daz?

Spose I should think about bottling the swap beer tonight I guess.

Cheers

Do you mean that they might explode, Pete? I don't think so to be honest, I know I had some bottles before filled to the brim, no issues.

Thanks Florian. :icon_cheers:
Assuming when hot the CO2 expands leading to extra pressure inside the bottle. Am used to bottling with glass not PET's which will probably flex a little with the increased pressure when warm & filled to the top?
Commercial beers are bottled cold & only filled to within an inch (?) of the top for the above reason or so I assumed? :blink:

TP

Brew dog iPa and awesome food and a glass suck it brewers if you are not going
Sav see you there tomorrow

For those 2 brewers that are contributing to case swap but not attending (argon + 1 other I think), pm me and you can grab your QLD XMAS case swap glass from Archive.

For those 2 brewers that are contributing to case swap but not attending (argon + 1 other I think), pm me and you can grab your QLD XMAS case swap glass from Archive.
Dan,

I need to come up today to grab a bottle of Barrel Aged Epic Armageddon. So if you're there let me know.

come up at lunch... next hour or 2

And I tried one of those barrel aged Armaggedons the other day and was woefully dissapointed.

Tastes nothing like an IPA, nothing like armaggeddon, and no barrell aged notes at all....

Unless I had an off bottle, I would stick to the normal Armaggedon, which I also tasted, and it is quite good.

I'll be cooking my casserole up today/tonight but will make the mix for Peshwari bread in the morning, they'll cook well on the barbie might bring the portable butane gas burner to reheat the casserole. I wont be there till around 4ish. What times the official kick of Daz?

Spose I should think about bottling the swap beer tonight I guess.

Cheers

You might need one of these Brad.
View attachment 50608

And I tried one of those barrel aged Armaggedons the other day and was woefully dissapointed.

Tastes nothing like an IPA, nothing like armaggeddon, and no barrell aged notes at all....

Unless I had an off bottle, I would stick to the normal Armaggedon, which I also tasted, and it is quite good.
hmmm had the Amaggedon last night and loved the ... thought maybe the Barrel Aged would add some more complexity... oh well i'll be up anyway.

hmmm had the Amaggedon last night and loved the ... thought maybe the Barrel Aged would add some more complexity... oh well i'll be up anyway.
Well.... it's clear now that Epic Armageddon Barrel Aged is not a beer i wish to purchase.

I think i'll stick to something palatable.

That is all i'll say.

Well looks like I wont be bringing a keg of bitter because the cube I had fermenting in the 1768 was a cube of aussie mid :huh: . So looks like I will be bringing a keg of stout, now to decide dry stout or strong stout hmmm.

Cheers

Back