Qld Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jus waiting on a case to be dropped off by edschache and then we'll be set!

Just gotta number the bottles and I'll be over. Only 5mins up the road... well ok maybe 3 in SWMBOs Impreza

Have a great one guys.... Sorry, but i just can't afford to wipe out an entire weekend at present :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers Ross

Your getting soft.
Have a good one at L'GRATIGNURE today. I'm loading the car up with Baguettes, onions, cheese and a keg o' Biere de garde whilst wearing a beret 'cause they like that sort of thing at Kilcoy. la vie est belle.
Hmmm, maybe I should go back to bed for a few hours and wake up sober.

1. DKS - German lager.
2. Bradsbrew - Dry Oatmeal Stout. In new bottles and CAPS
3. Florian - Something lagerish I guess
4. TidalPete - Maybe Baby! Vanilla Mocha Porter
5. Paxx - Just a simple APA with some nice fresh Amarillo
7. Argon (not attending only swapping sad.gif ) - Munich Helles
8. Parks - Robust Porter
10. Winkle - 11*11*11 Belgian Wheat Stout
12. Ed - Stout (not attending, NickB delivering)
13. NickB - Sex Panther Black IPA (7%, 90IBU)
14. King Brown Brewing - Double IP-Heyyyyyyyyyy
15. Liver Shank Ambroisiares - Bourbon soaked peach Dunkelweiss

Attending -
1. Dougsbrew

Having seen Nick's setup I'm going to need a few more trips to Craftbrewer.

My beer is numbered (12) but has no further details on it. It is Pillar of Stout from the recipeDB http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...&recipe=302 It was bottled late last night/small hours of this morning. Due to the lack of a CPBF it'll be bottle conditioned so patience will be required. Will try to be more organised and have some labels next time.

Have a great day guys

Ed

Good idea, here's the list for when somebody starts the swap tasting thread.

1. DKS - German lager.
2. Bradsbrew - Dry Oatmeal Stout. In new bottles and CAPS
3. Florian - Something lagerish I guess
4. TidalPete - Maybe Baby! Vanilla Mocha Porter
5. Paxx - Just a simple APA with some nice fresh Amarillo
7. Argon (not attending only swapping sad.gif ) - Munich Helles
8. Parks - Robust Porter
10. Winkle - 11*11*11 Belgian Wheat Stout - OK now, but best give it until theb 17th Dec
12. Ed - Stout (not attending, NickB delivering) - give it 2 weeks at least
13. NickB - Sex Panther Black IPA (7%, 90IBU)
14. King Brown Brewing - Double IP-Heyyyyyyyyyy
15. Liver Shank Ambroisiares - Bourbon soaked peach Dunkelweiss

Departure is immenient, let me know if anything is required on the way.
Voici une fin heureuse. :icon_cheers:

OH shit, can't find my beret!
My swap costume is ruined!
Ok, plan B. off with the striped blue shirt and on with the fat man clothes.
Mon aroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.
Bloody french....
Scratch the fromage et le pain, I'm bringing some cheese and bread.

Hope you lot are having fun. Just got back from my prior engagement where I had 4 beers and now feel like absolute crap. Something tells me it's a good thing I'm not trying to keep up with you guys tonight.

did try and call for phone beers, can only assume periwinkle was too pissed to opperate his phone, have a good one boys

Thanks daz for putting up with us, great day all round.
Good to finally meet you guys, looking forward to the next one.
My head hurts.

Thanks for another great event Daz! Awesome location, great beers, great people.

Was feeling a little seedy this morning but have come right now :)

Cheers!

Cheers Daz!

Was great to put some ugly faces to the screen names ;)

Pretty sure the rule is photos or it didn't happen. Surely someone has some evidence of the fun that was no doubt had?

Thanks for another great event Daz! Awesome location, great beers, great people.

Was feeling a little seedy this morning but have come right now :)

Cheers!

Nick's post says it all Daz & big congrats for putting on such an excellent, well organised Swap. :super:
Had an absolutely top time & great to meet those brewers I'd never met before plus all the usual suspects of course. :icon_cheers:
You've got my vote if you're keen on doing the same again next year.

TP

Florian and I went the long way home and had some XXXX heavy at Esk. Spent about 1 hour at Jindalee waiting for some numbies to cut down a tree, but got back and had some Grisettes to celebrate.
What a top night, cudos to Daz for all his work and thanks also to the Kilcoy RSL :icon_chickcheers:
Will be in bed straight after the Roar game, rather munted right now.

Edit: one of those glasses is mine Daz, enjoy the wild brew - its probably warmed up enough by now.

Thanks Daz for a ripper night and letting all us clowns at your home,and to all the brewers top bunch of blokes that we are.
I am feeling very average today but all worth it there was some great beers on the night and great variety.

cheers to all sav.

Oh, and big thanks to King Brown and Livershank for the glasses, even though mine didn't appear to make it home with me!!

And who can forget the RSL. Thanks to all for the Bain Marie etc.

Cheers!

Just came home from Winkle's, very tired now after driving through what seemed to be half of Qld on the scenic route.

What a great event Daz, well organised, perfect location, had a great night. Good to have such a variety of food with everyone bringing their favourites.

Thanks again for your great hospitality mate!

Just loaded all my bottles into the fridge - can't wait to taste these beers. I'm keen to be more organised for the next swap (have a beer that's ready, have labels, be able to attend etc). Anyone interested in an Easter(ish) swap of some big (high ABV) winter beers? I figure if we start talking about it now it gives people a chance to make something big and let it condition.

Latest posts

Back