Qld Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I.ll chuck in towards the donation to Daz. I get back from rocky thursday night and between then and saturday need to bottle the swap stout, filter and keg the english bitter, prepare the casserole which will more than likely be Indian with peshwari bread. Oh did I mention I need to attend daughters ballet/dancing concert saturday morning. Could some one update my food as nd beer status.

Cheers Brad
Nice one Brad all sounds delicious.
Thanks for the offer of coin too. Ill chuck in fifty + whatever no worries. Perhaps a gold coin donation from all would more than suffice.
Was thinking around 75 to 100 mark would have them happy as. With the recent death of an affiliated soldier in Afganistan they could do something with that , we still send packages to our troops and look after families best we can. ( close affiliations with Toppos at Enogra )

On another tangent.... How about swapping or palming off some stuff that another brewer may need or use?
I have some bibs and bobs Ill probably never use but maybe usefull to someone else.
I was thinking just throw this stuff on a table and if someone wants it just take it. You know stuff like air locks, packets of finings, hose & clamps, old brewing mags, rectal thermometers, whatever.
Saw this at winlkes July swap where Tidalpete had a copper shower rose for fly sparge he had made when Jesus was a boy but AFAIN it has been put to good use by another brewer of some distinction.
What do yo think guys? If you want to bring some of your crap like a trash & treasure swap it could add some interest to a fun day.
Daz

Nice one Brad all sounds delicious.
Thanks for the offer of coin too. Ill chuck in fifty + whatever no worries. Perhaps a gold coin donation from all would more than suffice.
Was thinking around 75 to 100 mark would have them happy as. With the recent death of an affiliated soldier in Afganistan they could do something with that , we still send packages to our troops and look after families best we can. ( close affiliations with Toppos at Enogra )

On another tangent.... How about swapping or palming off some stuff that another brewer may need or use?
I have some bibs and bobs Ill probably never use but maybe usefull to someone else.
I was thinking just throw this stuff on a table and if someone wants it just take it. You know stuff like air locks, packets of finings, hose & clamps, old brewing mags, rectal thermometers, whatever.
Saw this at winlkes July swap where Tidalpete had a copper shower rose for fly sparge he had made when Jesus was a boy but AFAIN it has been put to good use by another brewer of some distinction.
What do yo think guys? If you want to bring some of your crap like a trash & treasure swap it could add some interest to a fun day.
Daz

That shower rose is the ducks guts, Pete :icon_cheers: , I've probably got some crap equipment that somebody else might need - good idea Daz. Happy to chuck a few dollars to the RSL as well, particularly since they look after 1 Tropo Svy Sqn.

No worries Perry, just glad it's gone to a good home. :icon_cheers:
Don't think I have much to offer the Trash & Treasure table ATM but I'll have a sniff around.
Happy to toss in a few dollars towards the RSL too Daz.
Not long now! :party:

TP

That shower rose is the ducks guts, Pete :icon_cheers: , I've probably got some crap equipment that somebody else might need - good idea Daz. Happy to chuck a few dollars to the RSL as well, particularly since they look after 1 Tropo Svy Sqn.
Cool and thanks winkle. That poor bugger was only 24yrs old, from Gympy and was at our ANZAC service this year. His picture and details are now on the club wall since 11/11, remeberance day.
Arh.. dont get me started, I know you're topo freindly (history, work and all)but same goes for all our service people.
Moving along... Yes, there you go one mans scrap may well be anothers insperation.Case in point, perfect.
Daz

Thanks Perry, still learning how to use this 'smart' phone. I need a half pissed phone. And nevermind the drop outs where's the sheep and tities ya slack bastards.

SheepBraaaO.jpg

three_hot_girls_bikini.jpg

Just cracked a sample of my swap beer and while it was supposed to be a bit more full bodied & is still a touch too bitter still it's pretty damm good :icon_drool2: Be good by Xmas.
Should be right up your alley Brad .
Really need to move the next batch up the brewing list and remember the rice gulls next time.

Just cracked a sample of my swap beer and while it was supposed to be a bit more full bodied & is still a touch too bitter still it's pretty damm good :icon_drool2: Be good by Xmas.
Should be right up your alley Brad .
Really need to move the next batch up the brewing list and remember the rice gulls next time.
are these the rice gulls perry. :p

cutcaster-photo-100328727-Rice-tractor-wet-rice-fields-and-seagulls.jpg

Not sure I have the patience to troll through this whole thread for the relavent info but...

Daz, do you want us to bring camping chairs?
I can also bring a fold up camping table if that's of use?

Are there other requirements for debauchery (playing cards, flammable material, jumping castle, something to ride in the pool... :ph34r: ). I do have a dart board and possibly some darts...

article_2010732_0CD85CEC00000578_11_634x376.jpg

Bradsbrew - I'll bring a casserole for the Bay Marie
Florian - Pad Ka-Prao (Thai Pork Basil)
TidalPete - Hash Browns for brekky as per usual + heap of salami & egg appertiser thingos + spiced peanuts + keg Hefeweizen.
Winkle - Roast Pork/rice for d' bain marie, coffee and a keg of saison noir or BdG
Paxx - Potato bake and hopefully some prawns with a keg
NickB - Bacon, eggs, Sausages, bread, onion relish + a keg-shaped vessel
Snow - Slow cooked Kangaroo Korma
Sav - Japanese curry
Parks - roast beef, maybe try to get a heap of breadrolls, bucket-o-gravy, keg-o-something
King Brown Brewing - My famous Cauliflower bake + keg of something
Livershank - Something meaty, something doughy and something marinated

Updating food cheers - looking forward to it

Hey Daz, where's the best place to get ice in Kilcoy?

Sorry guys, I'm out....

Just kidding :ph34r:

Hey Daz, where's the best place to get ice in Kilcoy?

IGA in the main street or the BP servo, winkle. IGA at Woodford on Dag Hwy for another option.
My plans to make some or get the butcher to supply bulk have fallen over.Thanks for reminder

Posted Yesterday, 10:53 AM
Not sure I have the patience to troll through this whole thread for the relavent info but...

Daz, do you want us to bring camping chairs?
I can also bring a fold up camping table if that's of use?

Are there other requirements for debauchery (playing cards, flammable material, jumping castle, something to ride in the pool... ). I do have a dart board and possibly some darts...

I think we'll be right thanks Parks.
Cheers
Daz

Just found another shower rose & arm (brass this time) to donate to anyone planning on making up a HERMES or similar now or in the future. Adjustable for single or double batches .
I'll bring it along.

Getting the swap bottles ready now. I count 11 in the swap so will fill 12 to be on the safe side. Let me know if I've miscounted.

TP

Just found another shower rose & arm (brass this time) to donate to anyone planning on making up a HERMES or similar now or in the future. Adjustable for single or double batches .
I'll bring it along.

TP

Frogman left a bunch of those soft coated freezer packs with me a few swaps ago to distribute to the masses, I'll bring whats left in case someone wants them along with whatever else is lying around.

Hey guys,

Been lurking but can't make it and will only just be bottling my next brew on Saturday morning (my first Stout BIAB). If you're looking for a 12th person for the swap to make it a round case I'd be happy to send a case up (could easily drop it at NickB's place as I'm just down the road).

I've only been doing BIAB for a few months and this is my first darker beer and I have only tasted it mid-ferment so I can't promise a fantastic beer but it seems to be working out well so far. Would love to get some feedback on my brews (I get some at BABBS but by the end of the night I've normally forgotten).

Cheers,

Ed

Hey guys,

Been lurking but can't make it and will only just be bottling my next brew on Saturday morning (my first Stout BIAB). If you're looking for a 12th person for the swap to make it a round case I'd be happy to send a case up (could easily drop it at NickB's place as I'm just down the road).

I've only been doing BIAB for a few months and this is my first darker beer and I have only tasted it mid-ferment so I can't promise a fantastic beer but it seems to be working out well so far. Would love to get some feedback on my brews (I get some at BABBS but by the end of the night I've normally forgotten).

Cheers,

Ed

Do it my man!

Is it PET bottles that you want it in? Think I remember reading that somewhere but the first 3 pages are all double entendre's and I can't find the actual info.

Latest posts

Back