Qld Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you got a BBQ plate DKS?

I have a thousand potatoes that need to be used up and sliced potato on the barby is hard to beat. I will bring the slicer for laser precision :)

I'm thinking of bringing our old rice cooker + will confirm what the cook will produce tonight :icon_cheers:
That's a good idea - my curry will need a rice accompaniment. Do you think it will make enough rice for all?

Cheers - Snow

That's a good idea - my curry will need a rice accompaniment. Do you think it will make enough rice for all?

Cheers - Snow

No problem, we'll just cook up a couple of batches.

Is there still space left in the bain-marie?

Made a fantastic Pad Ka-Prao (Thai Pork Basil) last night which would be worth repeating for the weekend. Jerky is out at this stage, too labour intensive to get it done beforehand.

happy to bring the 10 litre birko for coffee and some chips and nibbles and any brekky food required eggs bacon etc

I've got the brekky stuff sorted Paxx, but definitely go the chips and nibbles...

Cheers

FOOD/ATTENDING

Bradsbrew - I'll bring a casserole for the Bay Marie
Florian - The usual keg'nJerky and something else I'll come up with later
TidalPete - Hash Browns for brekky as per usual + heap of salami & egg appertiser thingos + spiced peanuts + keg Hefeweizen.
Winkle - Roast Pork for d' bain marie and a keg of saison noir or BdG
Paxx - Potato bake and hopefully some prawns with a keg
NickB - Bacon, eggs, Sausages, bread, onion relish + a keg-shaped vessel
Snow - Slow cooked Kangaroo Korma
Sav - Japanese curry
Parks - roast beef, maybe try to get a heap of breadrolls, bucket-o-gravy, keg-o-something
King Brown Brewing - My famous Cauliflower bake + keg of something
Livershank -

Updating my contribution.

TP

Doesn't look like we'll starve does it ;)

FOOD/ATTENDING

Florian - Pad Ka-Prao (Thai Pork Basil)
TidalPete - Hash Browns for brekky as per usual + heap of salami & egg appertiser thingos + spiced peanuts + keg Hefeweizen.
Winkle - Roast Pork/rice for d' bain marie, coffee and a keg of saison noir or BdG
Sav - Japanese curry
Parks - roast beef, maybe try to get a heap of breadrolls, bucket-o-gravy, keg-o-something
Livershank -

Doesn't look like we'll starve does it ;)

FOOD/ATTENDING

Florian - Pad Ka-Prao (Thai Pork Basil)
Winkle - Roast Pork/rice for d' bain marie, coffee and a keg of saison noir or BdG
Sav - Japanese curry
Livershank -

Or go thirsty :icon_chickcheers:

FOOD/ATTENDING

Florian - Pad Ka-Prao (Thai Pork Basil) + Keg of BohPils or Hefeweizen or Schwarzbier
Sav - Japanese curry
Livershank -

I'll bring an extra rice cooker and a few kg of rice just in case.

Does Daz's joint stock enough plates, cutlery etc?

Obviously BYO beer glass as usual, maybe worth pointing out for the newcomers.

FOOD/ATTENDING

Florian - Pad Ka-Prao (Thai Pork Basil) + Keg of BohPils or Hefeweizen or Schwarzbier
Sav - Japanese curry
Livershank -

I'll have a look around home and see how we're off for plastic KFS and paper/plastic plates.

FOOD/ATTENDING

Sav - Japanese curry
Livershank -

I should have enough glasses for everyone.

A few answers etc on above posts that may help sort.
I will be taking a rice cooker up there. So thats one, one more should probably do, three wouldnt hurt I suppose.
Yes the baine marrie will be put to good use Im sure.We will fit it in no worries.
I was going to grab cutlery and plates etc from the RSL.Plastic disposable would save washing up etc. Let me know if I should get them. ( Its no trouble)
I have several beer glasses but if everyone brings one there will be plenty for the forgetfull and to cover breakages.There are some wine glasses there too winkle if Anna or anyone else prefer for other bevs.
I was going to borrow an urn and extra mugs from RSL also.
Ill have a std type BBQ but planned on getting supersized one, again RSL supply.
Anything else you guys think of, let me know.
I have in writing, permission from RSL to borrow stuff, it only takes a phone call to arrange security access and a key for pick up.
I have however offered a cash donation to the club which I am happy to pay. Saying that I dont want to faff around too much and piss them off coming and going for alarm set etc. If I can organise a set timeframe to pick up all items on one occassion that would help. Meaning, I need to know what else we could need asap.Thinking caps on please.
Cheers
Daz

Sorry Daz but I am out. Just got too much on at this time but I want to thank you for hosting this event regardless.

You Boys have a great time and enjoy hopefully next year we can all catchup again?

Cheers

Chap Chap

You'll be sorely missed Chap. We'll have a beer or two for you.
Daz

( now off to rehang the barnyard buddies callender on the toilet door)

I.ll chuck in towards the donation to Daz. I get back from rocky thursday night and between then and saturday need to bottle the swap stout, filter and keg the english bitter, prepare the casserole which will more than likely be Indian with peshwari bread. Oh did I mention I need to attend daughters ballet/dancing concert saturday morning. Could some one update my food as nd beer status.

Cheers Brad

1. DKS - German lager.
2. Bradsbrew - Dry Oatmeal Stout. In new bottles and CAPS
3. Florian - Something lagerish I guess
4. TidalPete - Maybe Baby! Vanilla Mocha Porter
5. Paxx - Just a simple APA with some nice fresh Amarillo
7. Argon (not attending only swapping sad.gif ) - Munich Helles
8. Parks - Robust Porter
10. Winkle - 11*11*11 Belgian Wheat Stout
13. NickB - Sex Panther Black IPA (7%, 90IBU)
14. King Brown Brewing - Double IP-Heyyyyyyyyyy
15. Liver Shank Ambroisiares - Bourbon soaked peach Dunkelweiss

Could everyone please number their bottles, it'll make life easier running the swap (when pist)

FOOD/ATTENDING

Bradsbrew - I'll bring a casserole (Indian with peshwari bread for the Bay Marie) & keg of english bitter
Winkle - Roast Pork/rice for d' bain marie, coffee and a keg of Grisette or Biere d' Garde in bucket with stick
Sav - Japanese curry
Livershank -
Parks - BBQed spuds

Edit: feel free to add yourselves if I've cut you off the list again <_<

Just because I think it got buried a few pages back - I'll be driving up reasonably early, leaving brassy around 9:30am. Will be heading up the Gateway and the Bruce. Can offer a lift if anyone needs it. PM me.

Cheers

Thanks Perry, still learning how to use this 'smart' phone. I need a half pissed phone. And nevermind the drop outs where's the sheep and tities ya slack bastards.

Assume the position....

sheep10.2.jpg

Latest posts

Back