Pressure Relief Valve.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Undo the screw on top of the shroud, don't take it all the way out, give the screw a tap then take the screw out a little more and give it another tap once it is almost past the spline it will pull off, replace the 'O' ring and push back together.
004.JPG

what fittings are you using to connect them to your kegs ?

Cheers
Stefan
This is the luxury replacement for variable adjustment of your spunding valve.

So then looking at mine (the generic spunding valve set up) The last fitting has a breather hole so it looks like I need another fitting without the breather hole?
Bugger! :)

Disregard my last post.
Here it is in practice.
My House Ale at finished pressure ferment. Approximately 21c. 22 PSI.
I never really had problems with the generic standard set up but this is like, nice, the luxury version set up....:cool:
Variable Pressure Release Valve000.JPG

i use one of these, just screwed off the dodgy valve and screwed on the good one with a little thread tape on the thread
i think it is the generic " KK spunding valve" but i bought it local

P84a.JPG
It is the KK spunding valve don't know why they didn't bring the gauges in on their own. The set up really shouldn't be so close to the outlet the gas carries quite a bit of condensate with it though no one has mentioned as yet about the gauges failing.
Disregard my last post.
Here it is in practice.
My House Ale at finished pressure ferment. Approximately 21c. 22 PSI.
I never really had problems with the generic standard set up but this is like, nice, the luxury version set up....:cool:
View attachment 113753
If you wanted to take it a step closer to luxury you could remove the thimble/shroud, remove the calibrated tape, put your own (a plastic label will do) tape on and mark it off according to the pressure your reading on the valve.

Any tips on removing the part circled below? I've tried everything and can't get it to undo. In fact, I've probably bent something trying as you can see the old relief spring thing is undone but it won't come out and won't go back in now. Is it a LH thread being a gas fitting? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20181023_220945.png

Not a left hand thread, use a shifter over the Tee (where the valve is) if you have a footprint wrench use that on the old PRV, (if you haven't got a footprint use a set of vice grips) I presume you are going to fit your new one.

1/4" NPT, you can get the Bunnings adapter which moonhead sourced earlier in the thread, have you already got a gauge?

For those who have trouble with these kind of things, I found the fitting in the Tools section of Bunnings, with the air compressor fittings. Online, it's listed as 1 / 4" Male BSP To Female Air Tool Adaptor Fitting.
Instore, it specifically says NPT on the packet.

Hope this saves someone else some time!

Latest posts

Back