Pressure Relief Valve Advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffo_69

Reaction score
hi all,
just wanting some advice on a pressure relief valve, i have an A system keg and i have read through the forums on how to open it and got it sucessfully open and im thinking of grinding off the little lug so its easy to open and close . Now for my next challenge is to fit a relief valve i was thinking of either drilling and tapping one into the top of the keg or fitting one on the coupler.i need to purchase a German slider style coupler , and i found fair amount of them on ebay and there are new ones being listed every day how ever i havent seen one with a relief valve on there, i know you can get them from micromatic with a relief valve but i dare not ask the price, I want the relief valve 1st for safety and second so i can burp the keg ect without any hassles and gas it up and release it wen its time to refill. Has some one done this before? is it possible to add a relief valve either in the top if the keg with a drill and tap? or inline on the gas side of the coupler?, can the relief valve be a brass one? like the ones you find on air compressors or does it have to be stainless?, if some one has any photos of how they have added a pressure relief valve that would be greatly apriecieated, also the other thing i was thinking with the coupler fittings does anyone use the air style snap locks ? thats found on air compressors ect? or do you have to use ball lock or pin lock fitting ect?
thanks for your help and thoughts
cheers Griffo

I think that this will do the trick for you. I have bought one already, and the PRV is adjustable, so you can increase the keg pressure to gas,and reduce it to burp the keg or dispense.

Maybe one of the advertisers on the site have a similar produce.

http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=8577

You will also need two of these to convert your coupler fittings to ball lock.

http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=8256

You will also need some ball lock connectors to suit. Normally G&G have got these in stock.

Barry

Latest posts

Back