Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Abbott said such painstakingly detailed responses went against the spirit of the party . “We haven’t got to where we are today by engaging in highbrow, intellectual discussions about areas of policy. And, as I pointed out in no uncertain terms to Mr Diaz on the phone this morning, we’re not about to start now”

Nuff said....

Nice that Today Tonight edited the interview like that, just incase you weren't aware of the amazing stupidity she was spouting.

She's besmirching the good name of Logan she is (Springwood High alumnus here). We gave the world the Dreamkillers....................................................and..............................................Savage Garden.

I think Rowy raises some very legitimate concerns. There is a process that our country has when it comes to accepting refugees. People who arrive in our country without going through this process bypass very important systems like quarantine and security checks. It would be very naive to assume that 0% of these people are not part of some sleeper cell or terrorist organisation or don't have a disease that is not in this country. These are very real concerns for large sections of our population.
I do, however, feel for refugees. I have never been in a situation where I have had to flee for my life. I have never lived in a war zone. I have never been threatened with jail because of my beliefs. If there was a war in Australia and there was a strong chance my family or I were going to be killed I would do EVERYTHING in my power to escape. Would I wait in line for two months? **** no. Would I try and get to another country illegally if it meant we would be protected? Possibly.
In terms of throwing away their papers, I see it like this - your papers show your identity. There is a chance that the government of Australia may not agree that you are a genuine refugee. Your situation may not be on their list. There is a chance you could get sent home OR you could destroy your papers and be locked up in detention for a few years. There you would be fed, clothed and relatively safe. Beats being dead.
There is a very good picture book written by John Marsden (the guy who wrote 'Tomorrow when the war began') called "Home and Away". It is about a middle class Australian family going about their daily lives until a war breaks out and they decide to flee illegally. It is pretty full on. I read it to year 11 and 12 students and quite a few of them cry. It certainly puts the argument into perspective.

Interested to know what QLDers (especially those who live in the electorate) think of this choice........I've only been out the state for a year and a half but I'd have thought the taint of the last state election would hang on him. I know he handed it all over to Anna well before but if I were campaigning against him I'd be running with it.

So he's moving into the electorate too huh? Watch out Logan Hyperdome (I think it may have changed name now....), Pete's setting up a tent and wants to press the flesh.

I would hazard a guess that he will use the old " look what the Lib/Nats are doing to the state '

Dont worry...in NSW the Lib/Nats have turned out to be a bunch of......

Bloody hell, I did not realise there were people that stupid, what a joke. Gotta hand it to tody tonight, cutting edge, high quality current affairs. 730, gets k Rudd and p beat, TT gets kingston one nation candidate!!!

jlm said:
Interested to know what QLDers (especially those who live in the electorate) think of this choice........I've only been out the state for a year and a half but I'd have thought the taint of the last state election would hang on him. I know he handed it all over to Anna well before but if I were campaigning against him I'd be running with it.

So he's moving into the electorate too huh? Watch out Logan Hyperdome (I think it may have changed name now....), Pete's setting up a tent and wants to press the flesh.
did not think much of premier pete, but after hearing he incumbent member try and bag him and sounding as though he did not know his arse from his nose, pete is a good option

Is Rudd upholding some proud labor tradition of brutal handshaking here?

http://youtu.be/p3dKWqFFLxQ

http://youtu.be/hReBMauqhrY

Ouch.

this is an absolute pisser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ba3D_mTd7U

SHAAAMMEE :D

Clearly a fan of Zeitgeist.
Or Derrin Hinch.

Anyone feel like calling this thing? Objectively, who'll win? I think it's close, but I suspect the LNP might hold on. Mostly because the electorate are a pack if ignorant c@#ts.

Also, some of you blokes are way behind. We're not worries about asylum seekers being terrorists anymore, we just want to save the poor bastards from drowning at sea. **** stopping the boats, I say the slogan should be "FIX THE BOATS"

Catch up buddy. We're all about stopping the goats now.
And the goatse. Stop that shit quick smart.

lukiferj said:
Nope. Still called the hyperdome. Or bogandome, in loganholme. Or boganholme. I could go on...
man I remember when there was a cool water slide park on that site ! my cousins house backed onto it and we used to just jump over and slide away .
the park had one of those big floating taps , really pist me off when it got bulldozed for the hyperdome :(

I'm all for stopping the goatse, but not at the expense of blue waffle. A balance must be struck!

Edit: smelling pistake

Latest posts

Back