Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure it would tell me that I should vote for the greens, but there is no ******* way. Ive seen enough of them to know how looney they are. Labour for siding with them will not get my vote either, so whos left??

did you even do the quiz, and did you go through the individual policies at the end to see why it aligned you with whatever party?

did you even do the quiz, and did you go through the individual policies at the end to see why it aligned you with whatever party?
Does it matter??
Should I trust a computer program that tells me who I should vote for??
Ive seen enough manipulation of media in the last couple of years to be very cynical.
I know my ideals and am sure the fact that I care about the environment around me would align me with the Green tools, but they are not even on the same book as me.

mash head said:
so whos left??
Oh no, don't vote left FFS. I hear they're all hipsters.

Did anybody catch the debate?
Rudd reminds me of the bloke who looks sharp in the gym hitting the heavy bag, then goes flaccid in the ring once he's being counter punched.

Abbots ears poke out to much for my liking, which I think is as good a reason as any not to vote LNP.

Liam_snorkel said:
This is turning into an ideologies thread, lets get back to making fun of politicians!
Gross...

http://youtu.be/_ipvdBnU8F8

That little quizz didn't tell you who to vote for?

Nope. It just tells you how strongly you agree/disagrees with the LNP/labor/Greens on a whole bunch of policy areas.

votecompass.jpg

More left that I would have thought but I'm not surprised to be fairly central between the two majors. Greens can get fucked.
As for asylum seekers - **** mate do something about the ones over staying student visas and shit first and speed up the process for asylum seekers.
NBN I think FTTP is the way forward and I just think ultimately you're investing in an infrastructure project.
I voted ALP last election but I doubt I'll do it again. As someone who manages a business in manufacturing I don't think the ALP has done enough for the economy to instil confidence in the private sector.
Gay marriage argument can suck my nut. Human rights issue - pigs arse. Not in this country its not. Look at what Russia is doing. If you're gay here then **** me lifes pretty ******* rosey by comparison.

http://www.liberal.org.au/our-policies
http://www.alp.org.a...y_announcements

Alright what I want to know is what difference does it actually make?

Same sex relationships are already recognised. One of my former employees went through a "divorce", for want of a better word, when his same sex de facto partner left him. He lost half his assets etc. same way it would happen in a 'traditional' divorce/separation.

Being that most marriages are performed in some form of house of religion I don't think its fair to suggest that 'religion' should be kept separate from the argument when discussing marriage and being that most traditional religions aren't in favour of it then why should it be thrust upon them?

I'm all for recognition of same sex relationships - but call it something else.

As for comparing us to Russia. I'm suggesting put it into perspective. In Russia (and many other countries) gay rights ARE a human rights issue. Gay people are killed in some countries. People who even associate with gay people are killed. Here in Australia we're talking about a word and a piece of paper...

I'm not saying my argument against it is great - I'm asking WHY is it such an issue at all?

Komodo said:
I'm not saying my argument against it is great - I'm asking WHY is it such an issue at all?
It's an issue because if same sex relationships are not given identical treatment to hetero ones then you create an arbritary hierarchy on relationships between consenting adults.

I agree it shouldn't be an issue but it's been made one by conservatives making the decision that some relationships mean more than others. Recognise people's right to wed if they want to and it's no longer an issue.

Considering it's an important issue for most liberal democracies in first world countries, including US and NZ, it makes sense that we address it.

Back