Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philmud

Reaction score
Since I have been one of the worst offenders for detailing threads with political diatribes of late, I thought I'd set up a separate thread as per a number of requests. I would encourage a civil tone to all discussion, but Keatingesque insults are encouraged. For example, Edak*, we are not interested in the views of painted, perfumed gigalos.

So, all welcome to post here, even you Tories.

*sorry Edak, yours was the last political post I could think of.

we could turn this into the Keating thread.

this vid is relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEsN4-XLE2k

I think you need a more incendiary title to get people engaged. How about, "You Feckin' Liberals Suck!" or "Get a Dog Up Ya Labor!!!" ;)

I for one look forward to where this thread goes.

Very true Mardoo, it's a bit bland, but hopefully some of those gutless Tory spivs will pop in for a look and stay for the stinging barbs.

Liam, I love the vid, PJKs put downs were such beautifully landed blows, floating butterflies and stinging bees to the haymakers thrown by our current crop.

Perhaps we should design a PJK tribute brew? It should have working class roots, but a taste for the fine life. Something high gravity but finishing low for that PJK dryness, and probably a good hop kick or some sourness to represent his insults.

I hear Bob Katter wants to split Qld into North and South.

I am intrigued as to what breed of people would vote for him anyway :ph34r: :ph34r:

I don't like voting for any of the bloodsucking pontificating ponces who suck the taxpayers' dollars like a leech, no matter from which side or angle of the political spectrum they originate.
Voting only results in pollies sucking the public teat, and the elected believing they have a mandate to screw the populace, while all the time working primarily in their own self interest.

There, is that getting close to good enough?

Great idea, but I reckon we need a separate thread titled "Dumb things Abbott said"

“We just can’t stop people from being homeless if that’s their choice.”

— Tony Abbott February 11th 2010 Sydney Morning Herald

“I also think that if you want to put a price on carbon, why not just do it with a simple tax? Why not ask motorists to pay more, why not ask electricity consumers to pay more and then at the end of the year you can take your invoices to the tax office and get a rebate of the carbon tax you've paid.”

— Tony Abbott July 29th 2009 Interview with Sky News Australia

“Just as Al Gore invented the internet: whatever policy she wants, she invented it.”

— Tony Abbott September 13th 2011 Australian Parliament: Hansard

and let him invoke Godwins law too...

“I believe that there is a vast moral gulf which separates modern Australia from Nazi Germany. But can we be so sure that, under pressure over time, we will not slide down the same slippery slope. We only have to look at the abortion situation in this country.”

— Tony Abbott October 16th 1995 Australian Parliament: Hansard

And there's so many more gems to choose from.

Wow, your pollies are just as bloody stupid as ours!! :lol:

i don't think im ready to start talking about politics yet.
i have lost interest since big reds departure, is so boring without her..sobbing in my hands..

Liam_snorkel said:
we could turn this into the Keating thread.
(Man dons silvered suit) I reckon I really, really missed out by not being here during Keating's tenure. From what I've read he seems a pretty amazing politician.

Yep, people just remember that he wore Italian suits, collected French clocks and dealt some of the greatest insults in Australian political history, he also kicked off national superannuation, floated the aussie dollar, took direct government control of interest rates away from the government and delivered the "Redfern Speech". Unlike most current pollies he could see a bigger picture and look further ahead than the end of his own term of office.

That video of Keating makes me depressed. It has been a while since I have had a shred of respect for any politician. I wish the Democrats had some presence in the current climate, because I am sure there would be plenty of people who would vote for something between far left and the two brands of centre right which smell scarily similar, though one just got sprayed with obnoxious air freshener to mask a fouler odour.

I miss having a prime minister who held a beer drinking record. No amount of poll-wooing will command that kind of respect.

ED: when I say I am depressed due to lack of respect, I mean I can respect Hewson too, today's politician is scared to reveal themselves and put on this retarded show for the public which only halfwits are convinced by. I am campaigning for Palmer on the sly, even if he derails the country, it will give someone somewhere purpose to rise from the ashes.

ED II: I want Krudd to start learning kung-fu moves off of Putin

For a Rhodes Schollar..Abott sure does say some stupid things

" Dont beleive everything I say"....FFS he wants to be PM..

Pass me another VB please...

Ducatiboy stu said:
For a Rhodes Schollar..Abott sure does say some stupid things
certainly. But remember the rhodes scholarship in the 80s was more like a gentleman's club and had little to no academic basis to admission (which it does now). He studied a Master of 'arts' whatever that means at Oxford I don't know.

David Marr, he's almost surgical. Brough's position should be untenable, but no-one closes ranks like the LNP, so no doubt he'll get Fisher for his trouble. The whole affair is grubby and depressing. Ashby is a slimey prick - I wouldn't trust any out, gay person who aligns themself with the LNP.

I live in a state that has the worst unemployment in Australia at 8.1%, where more than 67% of the adult population is paid by the government in the form of wages (ie state employees) or benefits. That means only 23% are wealth creators.

Toady we had protesters in a sawmill in the NW of the state illegally stopping production and the Green members of state government refused to condemn this illegal protest, and the federal Greens actually endorsed the illegal occupation.

No wonder Tasmania is referred to as the mendicant state.

Tasmania the food bowl begging bowl of Australia

Please, please, please vote for a majority government.

Cheers
Chris

Latest posts

Back