Nsw Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, call me a wimp but I don't care. I have changed my booking for a campsite to the local Backpackers. It's less than a 5 minute walk or stagger. I was able to change the campsite booking to early Feb.

Guys, really sorry but I'm going to have to be a very late scratching unless someone is coming from south and can take my beer up. Just couldn't get myself sorted for the weekend against other commitments (generally kid related). It's a bugger as I had it planned for the whole family to come up.

Hope you all have a great time.

Update'd!
Despite the lack of commitment, good to catch up with some of the Sydney folks again. Missed a few caseswaps of late...next year's looking promising.

As far as the wine goes it's drinking decently at the moment, but I think it might pay to give it a month or two just to settle out. It's more of a medium-to-light bodied style; don't be expecting a Barossa monster red, was never gonna happen.
If you do want to cellar a bottle for a few years (5 years seems like its potential IMO) no need to lay it sideways or anything, just keep it in a good coolish spot out of direct sunlight; the joy of the screwcap.

wish id have made it mate, looking forward to tasting one bottle then cellaring the other.
its a pity about the size of the swap. but it happens.
hopefully see you at the next one mate.
must get together and brew that barley wine someday

Update'd!
Despite the lack of commitment, good to catch up with some of the Sydney folks again. Missed a few caseswaps of late...next year's looking promising.

pissed off I couldn't make it. Was looking forward to it so much ... Hope you got some good weather for the weekend!
l
Muggus, I still owe you a bottle from the last lotto thingy that I had planned to give you. Send me an address and I'll send a semi decent IPA your way.

Still haven't been to Potters yet!

As it turns out you guys were lucky I didn't come. I went to bottle my dunkel on Friday night only to find a very nasty looking growth across the top. Damn! I had even done a double batch to drink some myself. Now nobody gets to enjoy it.

Although I may keg it anyway to see how it pulls up before I chuck it. Did have a slight hint of nail polish remover on the palate. mmmmm

pissed off I couldn't make it. Was looking forward to it so much ... Hope you got some good weather for the weekend!
l
Muggus, I still owe you a bottle from the last lotto thingy that I had planned to give you. Send me an address and I'll send a semi decent IPA your way.

Still haven't been to Potters yet!

We went to Murray's, not Potters. Had some very good beers there. My favourite being The Natural, a box of which came home with me.

Weather improved by Saturday afternoon when we made it down the beach for a dip. It was Junior's first time at the beach and he seemed to love it until the ripples put him under the water for a split second.

All in all, a pretty good weekend was had. It'd be nice if we can get a few more along to the next one.

Lets put the tasting comments in this thread. Not enough to start a new thread.

As there were a couple of RTDs I thought I should start here.

9. redb - Aletoberfest, 5.5%, keg conditioned - rtd now !

Very clear red. Small head. Nice malty caramel aromas. Flavour is bready malt, bit of caramel, quite a spicy hop profile. Clean, not much fruit evident from the ale yeast. Carb is low. Body is medium. Bitterness seems right. Balance is towards the malt as expected. Very nice beer, Craig. Works well as an ale.

cheers
Andrew.

My Witbier is now ready to drink. Might I suggest going for a long bike ride before you drink it. It's quite Radler-esque.

My Witbier is now ready to drink. Might I suggest going for a long bike ride before you drink it. It's quite Radler-esque.

Yeah. I had one of them last weekend after working in the garden all day. Went down a treat. No notes, maybe the next bottle. It seemed very floral, I remember you said you used fresh peel (lime?). Anything else? Also had one of the boris beers which was also very nice. Not sure which one it was though.

cheers
Andrew.

Yeah. I had one of them last weekend after working in the garden all day. Went down a treat. No notes, maybe the next bottle. It seemed very floral, I remember you said you used fresh peel (lime?). Anything else? Also had one of the boris beers which was also very nice. Not sure which one it was though.

cheers
Andrew.

Peel and juice from: 3 blood oranges, 2 limes and 1 lemon.
Coriander seeds
Chamomile tea flowers

12. Boris - Lucky dip: Ale with B Saaz and NZ Cascade or Budha Ale?, rtd now, ~5% abv.

I'm guessing B Saaz and NZ Cascade Ale. Whatever it is, it's a tasty ale. Thanks Boris.

2. Barls - dawn till dusk- my take on a summer ale, 4.1% ready to drink after 23 dec

Very enjoyable summer quaffer, thanks barls. You should bring this along to the Taphouse Brewshare in February.

I had Barls' summer ale over the weekend. Top beer Barls. Thanks for sharing. :icon_cheers:
Boris

2. Barls - dawn till dusk- my take on a summer ale, 4.1% ready to drink after 23 dec

Very enjoyable summer quaffer, thanks barls. You should bring this along to the Taphouse Brewshare in February.

might do that if im not working nights.

Shit! I forgot all about beers from this swap...gotta get drinkin'! :chug:

5. Gulpa - Belgian Golden Strong Ale - wy1388 - 8.5% - Bottled 24 Nov, drink after Australia Day

On this hot night, I went for something thirst quenching. Well, I didn't really look what I put in the fridge until I had cracked it.

Glad I did though. Clear golden colour, thin white head with medium carbonation. Lots of pleasant Belgian phenolics on the nose. Tastes of pears and alcohol with cracking dryness and a gentle warming on the tongue afterwards.

A really enjoyable beer. Thanks Andrew.

9. redb - Aletoberfest, 5.5%, keg conditioned - rtd now !

I see what you did there. Really nice deep golden to amber colour. Minimal head, low to medium carbonation. Lovely malty flavour to it. Little hop flavour but enough bitterness to keep it balanced.

Thanks Craig, another fine beer from this small swap.

Latest posts

Back