Nsw Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatgodzilla

Beer Soaked Philosopher
Reaction score
At the Special case Swap we locked in Port Stephens as the site for this year's 2011 NSW Xmas Case Swap. I think we picked the last weekend in November as the date. The plan is to camp at One Mile Beach at Anna Bay and do a Saturday afternoon tour of Murrays Brewery. Put this down in your diaries people and it would be good if some of the former regular Hunter swappers can join us this year.

One Mile Beach Holiday Park Port Stephens

One Mile Beach Holiday Park is just 2 hours North of Sydney, and 7 hours north of Tuross Head and just minutes from shopping, restaurants, clubs and the CBD of Nelson Bay. One Mile Beach Holiday Park is adjacent to the Tomaree National park, nestled in 14 acres of native bushland, and is the only Holiday Park at Port Stephens located right on a safe surfing beach, patrol during summer holiday periods and weekends.

One Mile Beach Holiday Park offers a wide range of accommodation to suit all budgets, fully self-contained Beach-Side Apartments, Deluxe Villas, Family Beach Houses, grassed and slab Caravan and Tent sites all with power, and close to amenities, ensuites sites are available.

Our trained staff will assist with the placement of your van or motorhome if required.

Reception open 8.00pm to 7.00pm school holidays,

8.00am to 6.00pm high season,

9.00am to 5.00pm, closed 12:30pm - 1:00pm, low season.

We provide free for the exclusive use of park guests:

9 electric BBQs
3 camp kitchens.
A resort style pool with water slide, spa, and wading pool heated all year.
Full size tennis court, volley ball, table tennis, and putt putt.
Latest release movies are screened in the entertainment centre next to the pool.
Foxtel is available throughout the park.
During school holidays, fully qualified personal supervise the fun for all Kids Club.

One Mile Beach Holiday Park is the perfect holiday destination all year.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

More as we know more.

Great spot for it Fatz! Truely Gods country.

Us HUB boys have got a meeting this Friday, so i'll try and bring this up there, get some interest.
Numbers of caseswap participants have been waning in both camps, this might be enough to get a full sized swap!

Ok, this was brought up at last nights meeting.
There is interest amongst the HUB lads, and tossed up the idea of holding the swap at Murrays itself...which may or maynot work, as Shaun mentioned, it does get busy that time of year.
Anyhow, i'll start drumming up more interest, let us know details as they come.

Cheers
Mike

Ok, this was brought up at last nights meeting.
There is interest amongst the HUB lads, and tossed up the idea of holding the swap at Murrays itself...which may or maynot work, as Shaun mentioned, it does get busy that time of year.
Anyhow, i'll start drumming up more interest, let us know details as they come.

Cheers
Mike

good stuff Michael. Not been to Murrays so no idea of their "parking areas". That said, you don't need that much room to swap the beers. Would be good to have some Newcs to make it a "real" NSW case swap again.

good stuff Michael. Not been to Murrays so no idea of their "parking areas". That said, you don't need that much room to swap the beers. Would be good to have some Newcs to make it a "real" NSW case swap again.
They've got plenty of room for the swap itself for sure.
I think Shaun's concerns are with dealing with the best part of 30 brewers and their insatiable hunger for good beer and food! :icon_drunk:

Last weekend in November is perfect. I'm in and should be bringing the whole family.

Looks like it should be a great time.

Count me in!

cheers

grant

They've got plenty of room for the swap itself for sure.
I think Shaun's concerns are with dealing with the best part of 30 brewers and their insatiable hunger for good beer and food! :icon_drunk:

who mentioned food ??? BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No need to look at a food function - have breakfast, go to Murrays, swap cases, drink beer, take a picnic, more beer - back to caravan park for dinner.

who mentioned food ??? BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No need to look at a food function - have breakfast, go to Murrays, swap cases, drink beer, take a picnic, more beer - back to caravan park for dinner.

Once you see the food on offer at Murray's you may change your mind, it's all pretty bloody good.

heres the link to the place,
http://www.onemilebeach.com.au

and heres the link to the discussion thread
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=55642

it would be nice to see some new people at this even if its some of the older members from the newcastle that havent been involved for a while.
For sure mate.

On the note, would any of you folk take objection to me reposting this on the Hunter United Brewers website?

A few of them don't frequent this site, and i've mentioned it at previous meetings, and no doubt we could drum up a decent swap with the HUB folks on side...especially with further spruiking at monthly meetings!

For sure mate.

On the note, would any of you folk take objection to me reposting this on the Hunter United Brewers website?

A few of them don't frequent this site, and i've mentioned it at previous meetings, and no doubt we could drum up a decent swap with the HUB folks on side...especially with further spruiking at monthly meetings!

Looking at the number, that might be a good idea. I say go for it Mike.

cheers
andrew.

Will do. More the merrier. Plus we'll probably have a fair few of your blokes up for the State Comp next month!

Will do. More the merrier. Plus we'll probably have a fair few of your blokes up for the State Comp next month!

Good stuff M. The more the merrier!

Sadly can't make the State Champs due to a family engagement but will send some beers in for judgment. Will send that one I owe you at same time!

If Shawn okays it, we do the swap at Murrays and hang around for a few samplers.

Is this still happening...maybe I'm looking in the wrong place :unsure:

Is this still happening...maybe I'm looking in the wrong place :unsure:

was wondering the same thing. Are people still keen?

1. Fatgodzilla .. still going but only if a crowd goes.
2. Barls
3. nifty
4. sydneyhappyhour
5. Gulpa
6. Muggus (not for accommodation)
7. Monkeybusiness
8. Josh
9. redb
10. gruntus
11. Fear_n_Loath

I should be able to get a beer ready for it, whether or not i'll be there on the day is another matter altogether!

2. Barls
3. nifty
4. sydneyhappyhour
5. Gulpa
6. Muggus (not for accommodation) - Mgvar Pilsner
7. Monkeybusiness
8. Josh
9. redb
10. gruntus
11. Fear_n_Loath

Ive booked accommodation so I hope someone turns up. Havent brewed yet so have to get my ass into gear. Thinking belgian golden strong at this point as long as I can get it going this weekend.

cheers
Andrew.

I should be able to get a beer ready for it, whether or not i'll be there on the day is another matter altogether!

2. Barls
3. nifty
4. sydneyhappyhour
5. Gulpa
6. Muggus (not for accommodation) - Mgvar Pilsner
7. Monkeybusiness
8. Josh
9. redb
10. gruntus
11. Fear_n_Loath

drinking my trial beer right now, those that come to my place on saturday might get a sneak peek
hey mugs any chance of getting some of the newcastle boys in on this since we moved it up there, to get those that havent been coming to sydney back in.

Hey I'm still keen as. I'm planning to camp. Just haven't booked a site yet. Looks like my brother will be in too so he's going to try and get a swap beer together. Of course I still haven't brewed mine.

We need to drum this up to get some more numbers. How can this site have 20000 members and only 11 people in NSW who want to do a beer swap??? :blink:

C'mon any random brewers reading this thread we are all friendly and will accept your best effort.

Latest posts

Back