Nsw Ahb Xmas In July Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have fun with your cases and laughing at the labels guys.

No label from me this time. Just a "PoMo" in marker on the lid. I'll get back into play for the next one.

Looking forward to the case. When are you getting up to Duff's for the Southern pickup, Linz?

Have fun with your cases and laughing at the labels guys.

No label from me this time. Just a "PoMo" in marker on the lid. I'll get back into play for the next one.

Looking forward to the case. When are you getting up to Duff's for the Southern pickup, Linz?

Linz is up there right now PoMo, so expect a call from Linz in the next day or so.

Beers,
Doc

RING, RING, RING.......

When you are ready PoMo, just give us a buzz before you drive all the way up here..

Duff - Firkin Bolter - WLP029, bottled 3/6/06 : Dunkelweizen - WLP300, bottled (not yet) so will need a couple of weeks to carbonate unless Doc lends me his CPBF......
Gough - Dry Irish Stout - Wyeast 1968, brewed 14-6-06, will DEFINITELY need time to carbonate!!!
Stuster - Belgian Dubbel, Wyeast 1388, bottled 17/05/06, may improve with age
Doc - Irish Red, WLP002, Bottled using CPBF. Perfect to drink now.
PoMo - English Bitter, WLP023, Bottled 16/6/06
Berapnopod - Dry Stout - WLP004 (Guinness yeast) - bottled 17/06 - needs a couple of weeks at ale temps
n00ch - Dark Mild, Irish Ale WY1084, botteld 16/6/06. Might want to leave it for 2 weeks if possible.
Kungy - American IPA, Safale US-56, bottled 28/5/06, A fair bit of sediment-probably best to leave at least a week to settle, fairly good drinking now but of course the longer the better taste and slightly more carbonation
Weizguy - Chocolate Porter (W1318 - bottled 27/6) & Berliner Weisse (bonus beer - Wyeast German Ale/ lacto culture, bottled 28/6)
Berto - Oatmeal Stout, Safale S04. Not yet bottled
Stephen -Special Bitter. Wyeast 1028. Bottled 12 Mar 06 (Yeah, I got in early)
Linz - Grumpy Scottish Stag,WY1728, Bottled 28/5/2006
Barry - Robust Porter, WLP004 Irish, bottled 29/04/06, drink now+
Trent - English IPA, WY1028 Bottled on 7/5/2006 Beware of hop trub
T.D - Boston Lager, W34/70, Bottled on 28/05/2006, it is ready to drink now
Shmick - ESB, S-04, bottled 10/6/06. Give it a week but drink it young.
DrewCarey82 - Pilsener, kit yeast, Best 2 weeks after drop off.
Nifty - Californian Common WLP810, Brewed 01/05/06, Bottled 04/06/06. Its good to go.
Josh - Pilsener
KoNG - English Bitter, S-04 , Bottled 18/6/06, should be ready a week after pickup
Thommo - Californian Common - US56 (cheating, I know) - Brewed 12/6/06 - Drink same time as Goughs!!!
Beer Slayer - APA bottled 22/6/06 US56 needs at least 2-3 weeks
Pint of Lager - Dortmunder export, brewed 19/5/06 bottled 14/6/06, if possible, it needs some quiet time in your fridge
Stickler - Pale Ale (partial)
Keith the Beer Guy - Keith's ******* Chocolate Porter, US56; Brewed 11/06/06, Bottled 27/06/06; Drink middle of July if you're brave enough!
homebrewworld.com - Irish Red Ale, S-O4, Bottled 22/6/06 needs some carb time at least. cheers
Chilled - Australian Larger, Wyeast 2007...Bottled 20/06 best left till mid July

As mentioned on p23 of this thread...
Josh - Pilsener, Saflager 34/70, Bottled 20/04/06, give a week settling in fridge
No label JB on bottle top.

Ok Novacastrians - just to put every bodies minds at rest

After Doc left Sat, Mrs Shmick & I sorted all the entries into seperate groups from each contributor.

There were 28 groups (of 8) bottles including 2 seperate groups from Weiz and a group of 6 from Chilled.

I sent all the Newcastle extras back with Doc. Unfortunately I also sent an extra from Chilled so was one bottle short filling my case in the end but with the extras I'll call it even. MHB and myself received 5 extras each for our efforts - thanks guys greatly appreciated.

I filled each contributor's crates (2 each x 8, already labelled) with one bottle from each group until all gone.

I then inspected each bottle one at a time for yeast inside the neck and fixed any effected.
I followed this by another count and packed them into the garage covered & out of direct light for transport this week.

I'm not returning them to MHB's in any particular order - it'll mainly be annoyance factor. The ones I trip over the most will come back first.
All will be back Thu or Fri at latest as it will take me a couple of trips.

Smick :chug:

Ok Novacastrians - just to put every bodies minds at rest

After Doc left Sat, Mrs Shmick & I sorted all the entries into seperate groups from each contributor.

There were 28 groups (of 8) bottles including 2 seperate groups from Weiz and a group of 6 from Chilled.

I sent all the Newcastle extras back with Doc. Unfortunately I also sent an extra from Chilled so was one bottle short filling my case in the end but with the extras I'll call it even. MHB and myself received 5 extras each for our efforts - thanks guys greatly appreciated.

I filled each contributor's crates (2 each x 8, already labelled) with one bottle from each group until all gone.

I then inspected each bottle one at a time for yeast inside the neck and fixed any effected.
I followed this by another count and packed them into the garage covered & out of direct light for transport this week.

I'm not returning them to MHB's in any particular order - it'll mainly be annoyance factor. The ones I trip over the most will come back first.
All will be back Thu or Fri at latest as it will take me a couple of trips.

Smick :chug:

Top darts Shmick :beerbang: Thanks to Mrs Shmick as well of course. Hope you enjoy your 'extra' ;) Sounds like you'll definitely need it after sorting and lugging all that beer.

Thanks again,

Shawn.

Thanks for all the extra effort for all involved I am sure all greatly appreciate it.

Cheers.

Calling south/east siders
Thanks to Linz :beerbang: and the sorters I have recieved the cases at my place. :party:
Any afternoon this week would be good for P/U. Just send me a note to sort out time and day.

Id just like to say a big thanks to all involved in making this happen again, from the sorting to the delivering. Great effort :super: looking foward to enjoying the beers!!!

:beer:
BS

Thanks for all the effort guys
I will be picking up my case (and Chilled's) this weekend, and I cant bloody wait! Sipping on an IPA identical to the one in the case, yet it finished 4 points higher, and it is delicious. I am a bit worried that 4 point difference is going to change it from well balanced, as this one is, to too bitter. But hey, is there any such thing as a too bitter IPA? (No reply from you, thanks Weizguy!!!)
Only 5 more sleeps to go!
All the best,
Trent (very excited, if ya couldnt tell)

Trent,

Is it OK for me to reply if I don't mention the war (IPA)? C U tomorrow, buddy!

I have my beer selections in my possession now, and don't they look pretty. :D

Well done to the movers and shakers (well maybe not the shakers, unles they were shaking the yeast back into the beer -ha ha). :beer:

I hope that Schmick has started on an Arrogant by now, and I hope that all of you enjoy my beers.

I thought that I posted earlier re drinking dates for my beers, but stuffed if I could find it. :huh:

My tips are to leave the Berliner at least until the end of the month. These beers are meant to age well up to 3 years (2 chances!) in the fridge. No cheese this time...just tart lactic reminiscent of natural yoghurt.
The porter has become a little cloudy with carbonation/secondary ferment, and a little manky with it. I'm suggesting that, at 5.7% alc, and to allow the yeast to settle it would be best at mid-late August. And don't forget to pirate the London ale III yeast.

happy Seth out :p

My porter has been recently bottled and the yeast has kicked off again for a 2nd ferment, and hence has become a little yeasty. It may be best to give it a month to carbonate and the yeast to settle. 2 months may be even better, as it's 5.7 % and may benefit from a little age.
The Berliner, being a wheat should be drinkable, if a little challenging, as soon as it's carbonated. Prob best to leave for at least a month. I've read that Berliners can be left at cool temps for up to 3 years. Unlikely to last that long. I have kept a 6-pack of stubbies, just in case it appears to be competitionable (I think I invented a new word).
Les

Found it!

Steve

Thanks Stephen.

Can a honcho please add that advice (expurgated, perhaps) to the NSW Xmas in July Consumption thread, for my beerz? Please, Doc?

Another use for the Berliner is to sample in the BJCP-learning sessions to allow familiarity with a relatively unavailable and mostly unknown style/ flavours.

Seth out :p

Latest posts

Back