Nsw Ahb Xmas In July Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Worst Website Ever....
Reaction score
OK, I'll stick my big toe in the middle of the circle to test the waters....

This is the topic for any interested parties for contributions to a NSW Xmas in July Case, along the same lines as our recent case swap.

IMHO, I found the case to be a great way to try different styles of beer. There are no obligations to past contributers to contribute again and any new interested parties would be welcome to join. From past messages in the recent NSW AHB Xmas Case Consumption topic, there seems to be a bit of interest in a July swap.

That leaves us 4 months to brew your contribution if you are interested, as well as 4 months to organise the logistics.

If you are interested, then can we see a show of hands before it goes any further. I for one am available to sort the contributions again, however my beers may/will be sent out in the various forms of bottles received for our recent swap :p

Cheers.

I'll stick my hand up again as well Duff. Can help with the Newcastle end of the organisation as well, although hopefully Mark will make his shop available again - worked well at Xmas :) Will start planning soon...

Shawn.

I'm in with bells on. I think that the same size bottles as last time, 750ml, is about right, as you really get a good chance to taste the different beers. It was fantastic to try all the different styles that I haven't tried before, as well as some simply beautiful beers. :beerbang:

I must be a gluton for punishment (mainly the bottling part). I'm in.

I defintely think we have to cap it at 24 brewers again. Any more and it exceeds most people batch size.

Will we do stubbies or long necks ?

First in best dressed. If you say you are in you are commited.

We currently have

Four
Duff
Gough
Stuster
Doc

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
I must be a gluton for punishment (mainly the bottling part). I'm in.

I defintely think we have to cap it at 24 brewers again. Any more and it exceeds most people batch size.

First in best dressed. If you say you are in you are commited.

We currently have

Four
Duff
Gough
Stuster
Doc

Beers,
Doc
[post="109016"][/post]​

C'mon mate, any excuse to use that new bottle filler.... :lol:

Long necks for me.

Count me in too. Keen as mustard and will help other Illawarrans for drop off and pickup.

I vote longnecks as well.

My hand is up, waving in the air and propped up at the elbow by my other hand :)

Just to be difficult, I prefer 375ml bottles, since thats what I normally bottle in.

Berp.

Long necks for me too. Perhaps if there are lots of people who want to join in, the case can be split into two groups. The north-south divide?

i will tentatively throw my hat in for this. will have a few ag under my belt by then so as long as all goes well....

Ooh, anther NSW case. At this point in time, i'm in for sure.

Will

I'm in.

Moderators, please do not remove this post ( ha ha)...

I quote myself from the NSW Xmas Case thread.

"Anyway, I'll make another batch (quality-assured this time) to go as freebies with my contribution to the next case. Just so people can see that there was a beer in there somewhere."

Im working on the Weisse already. Hmmm, but what other beer?

Vive le Case concept!

Seth :p

I leave on hols for 2 weeks soon, so glad i saw this now as i really dont wanna miss out. Count me in for sure. Hopefully there is some logistics i can do this time. Might stray away from the wheats as well, didnt seem too popular last time.

Cheers, Rob

Edit: I think people should get in pretty quick, as it seemed in other threads there was at least as many people again interested in joining in. Definately going to have to be a cut off point, or heaven forbid, each person submits 2 batches. But i can see that being a hard task for a lot of people.

Doc said:

First in best dressed.

Beers,
Doc
[post="109016"][/post]​

Some damn fine guidelines Doc. 24 was spot on last time - keeps things comfortable. I vote for longnecks - don't really have any stubbies.

Sounds like a plan :)

Shawn.

Count me in and I prefer longmecks as I have no stubbies.

Steve

Im in !

And I'll add my services in moving them from the S/W to a central Sydney point....

Good Day
I would like to be counted in, stubbies or long necks are OK, No idea what to brew.

I'm In!
Yay! I had trouble with my internet connection last night, so I would have been gutted if I missed out cause of that. I was saying on the last case swap thread, if we went to 48 brewers, we could go stubbies, and get one stubby from each brewer, but I am happy whatever way. I just know this one is going to be very popular.
Thanks for the oppurtunity again
All the best
Trent

I'm keen for this too. I only found out about the Christmas case when it was too late, and I've always regretted it!

Longnecks are good for me too. Now its just a question of deciding what to brew!! Since I am new to this, what's the form? Do we nominate a style that we want to brew (so there doesn't end up being a whole case full of the same style! :p ) or do we just go ahead and brew???

So count me in!!! :D

Great response so far. It's filling fast with 15 so far, so if we are to cap at 24 brewers as Doc suggested, get in quick. The list so far is:

Duff
Gough
Stuster
Doc
PoMo
Berapnopod
Bobby
Kungy
Weizguy
Berto
Stephen
Linz