Nsw Ahb Xmas In July Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: :lol: , i wondered when i saw that yeast if it was mine Stuster...
it only makes sense then that you send me a nice vial of belgian wit yeast with the case now...!!! :p

Seth Update:

** Kong pm me if U want me to drop off a Wit yeast for Friday pickup, if Schmick can do another run**

Duff - Firkin Bolter - WLP029, bottled 3/6/06 : Dunkelweizen - WLP300, bottled (not yet) so will need a couple of weeks to carbonate unless Doc lends me his CPBF......
Gough - Dry Irish Stout - Wyeast 1968, brewed 14-6-06, will DEFINITELY need time to carbonate!!!
Stuster - Belgian Dubbel, Wyeast 1388, bottled 17/05/06, may improve with age
Doc - Irish Red, WLP002, Will be bottled using CPBF, so if you get any yeast sediment you'll be doing well. Enjoy early.
PoMo - English Bitter, WLP023, Bottled 16/6/06
Berapnopod - Dry Stout - WLP004 (Guinness yeast) - bottled 17/06 - needs a couple of weeks at ale temps
n00ch - Dark Mild, Irish Ale WY1084, botteld 16/6/06. Might want to leave it for 2 weeks if possible.
Kungy - AIPA
Weizguy - Chocolate Porter (W1318 - bottled 27/6) & Berliner Weisse (bonus beer - Wyeast German Ale/ lacto culture, bottled 28/6)
Berto - Oatmeal Stout, Safale S04. Not yet bottled
Stephen -Special Bitter. Wyeast 1028. Bottled 12 Mar 06 (Yeah, I got in early)
Linz - Grumpy Scottish Stag,WY1728, Bottled 28/5/2006
Barry - Robust Porter, WLP004 Irish, bottled 29/04/06, drink now+
Trent - English IPA, WY1028 Bottled on 7/5/2006 Beware of hop trub
T.D - Boston Lager, W34/70, Bottled on 28/05/2006, it is ready to drink now
Shmick - ESB, S-04, bottled 10/6/06. Give it a week but drink it young.
DrewCarey82 - Pilsener, kit yeast, Best 2 weeks after drop off.
Nifty - Californian Common
Josh - Pilsener
KoNG - English Bitter, S-04 , Bottled 18/6/06, should be ready a week after pickup
Thommo - Californian Common - US56 (cheating, I know) - Brewed 12/6/06 - Drink same time as Goughs!!!
Beer Slayer - APA bottled 22/6/06 US56 needs at least 2-3 weeks
Pint of Lager - Dortmunder export, brewed 19/5/06 bottled 14/6/06, if possible, it needs some quiet time in your fridge
Stickler - Pale Ale (partial)
Keith the Beer Guy - Keith's ******* Chocolate Porter, US56; Brewed 11/06/06, Bottled 27/06/06; Drink middle of July if you're brave enough!
homebrewworld.com - Irish Red Ale, S-O4, Bottled 22/6/06 needs some carb time at least. cheers
Chilled - Australian Larger, Wyeast 2007...Bottled 20/06 best left till mid July

Seth Update:

** Kong pm me if U want me to drop off a Wit yeast for Friday pickup, if Schmick can do another run**

No prob's Seth

Will do last pick up Fri after work. :chug:

A mole with an empty box? Kinda self-contradictory don'tcha think? :ph34r:

Warren -

the thing is it's actually chok-a-bloc right now...!
Navy boys must have just docked

Well there they are Novocastrians :p

Yes and if you do add them up there are 2 participants short, Doc and Thommo who are arriving shortly...

The extra beers for MHB and Schmick are specifically labelled around the neck.

I have changed my contribution to a Dunkelweizen, bottled about 2 hours ago so please leave for a couple of weeks.

Cheers.

Newcastle_XMas_Case.jpg

Good call, POL....great pic, Duff.

My porter has been recently bottled and the yeast has kicked off again for a 2nd ferment, and hence has become a little yeasty. It may be best to give it a month to carbonate and the yeast to settle. 2 months may be even better, as it's 5.7 % and may benefit from a little age.
The Berliner, being a wheat should be drinkable, if a little challenging, as soon as it's carbonated. Prob best to leave for at least a month. I've read that Berliners can be left at cool temps for up to 3 years. Unlikely to last that long. I have kept a 6-pack of stubbies, just in case it appears to be competitionable (I think I invented a new word).

Kong, send me another pm if U want. Schmick was collecting your yeast and sample beer this arvo.

Bring on the beerz :beerbang:

Seth :p

P.S. Warren - shut ya hole! :lol:

Definately a great shot duff... although i dont count 728 (784 - 56) :eek:

Duff.. cant wait to taste the dunkle.. i've been meaning to brew one for ages, hopefully your beer will promt me.!

All has been said weiz thanx buddy.

Agreed... shut up warren.!

OK Xmas in July casers...

My 'Pogue Mahone Dry Irish Stout' Finally hit the bottle this afternoon and was collected by Shmick so is ready to go. A big thanks to Shmick and to MHB for their help to me and other Newcastle based brewers in sorting the logistics of our entries to the case. Mark even printed out my labels when my printer blew a colour cartridge this arvo :beerbang: And speaking of labels, thanks to Warren from Melbourne for the sterling artwork. He almost managed to make Shane MacGowan look good...

A few things about my entry. It stems from a discussion I was having with Warren about a quote from the Ray Daniels 'Designing Great Beers' book. Daniels when discussing stouts makes a comment that a top dry stout is really simple and the recipe one of the most basic: 10% Roast Barley, similar proportion of flaked barley, pale malt, 1040 or so OG and around 40 IBU with a single addition. This recipe scared both of us so much we decided to have a go at brewing it to see whether it would actually result in a beer we felt like drinking. My attempt is the 'Pogue Mahone' (loosely translated from the Irish it means kiss my arse!), which is 10% Roast Barley, 8% Flaked Barley and the rest Maris Otter pale malt. 1.043 OG, 40 IBU of Goldings boiled for 60 minutes and fermented with the 1968 Wyeast ESB yeast. I brewed it on the 14th of this month and bottled it today. It tastes as I expected, pretty roasty out of secondary :p Whether it will be a nice drop remains to be seen... Hope you all don't mind being part of our experiment :D The downside for Warren (or maybe the upside - depends how it turns out...) is that I only ended up with 28.5 bottles and he's missed out... So much for science!

Given I only bottled it today, please leave it for at least a fortnight or so before drinking. At 4% ABV it won't last forever, but don't drink it too early or it'll be flat as a tack. I primed it fairly lightly as it is so it shouldn't be a really fizzy beer, but it'll have enough carbonation to get by. Pity I couldn't track down any nitro widgets for bottling :p

Looking forward to trying all the beers,

Shawn.

P.S. Warren - shut ya hole! :lol:

But Weiz that would leave me nowhere to insert beer. :eek:

Agreed... shut up warren.!

Hey! Who said mole first anyway? :lol:

He almost managed to make Shane MacGowan look good...

One suspects that when Shane MacGowan was a young lad his mum most likely secured a string of sausages around his neck so the dog would play with him. :blink:

Have fun with your cases and laughing at the labels guys.

Warren -

And here are the remainder of the case beers excluding the ones coming down from Newcastle tomorrow. My outdoor table just wasn't quite big enough.

Sydney_XMas_Case_001.jpg

Sydney_XMas_Case_002.jpg

Thanks to all who sent them in the requested milk crates, makes for easy sorting.

Sydney_XMas_Case_003.jpg

But as in everything, there is always one who is not like the rest. For both swaps here now he has insisted on sending his beers in these old Tooheys Red boxes, with enough tape around them to tape back on the wing of the Space Shuttle if it ever fell off.

Sydney_XMas_Case_004.jpg

I'll let him out himself if he so wishes :rolleyes:

The sort will be finished by early tomorrow afternoon. If you are in the area, come and get them if you want.

Cheers.

Att: Newcastle Xmas in July Cases....

Please check your cases and let me know the following;
1. Do you have 1 of each beer?
2. Do you have 2 of any beers? (note Weizguy sent 2 different ones with similar lables)
3. Did anyone send an extra beer in their case and forgot to tell us.

The southern group cases appear to be fine, but we still can't get the extras to add up and do not want to send them out if someone is missing a bottle or two.

Cheers.

But as in everything, there is always one who is not like the rest. For both swaps here now he has insisted on sending his beers in these old Tooheys Red boxes, with enough tape around them to tape back on the wing of the Space Shuttle if it ever fell off.

View attachment 8044

I'll let him out himself if he so wishes :rolleyes:

The sort will be finished by early tomorrow afternoon. If you are in the area, come and get them if you want.

Cheers.

Hangs his head in shame.
The cases have now reached the end of their natural life. Will be replaced with something more sturdy for the next one. Maybe nappy boxes :p

Doc

Duff - Firkin Bolter - WLP029, bottled 3/6/06 : Dunkelweizen - WLP300, bottled (not yet) so will need a couple of weeks to carbonate unless Doc lends me his CPBF......
Gough - Dry Irish Stout - Wyeast 1968, brewed 14-6-06, will DEFINITELY need time to carbonate!!!
Stuster - Belgian Dubbel, Wyeast 1388, bottled 17/05/06, may improve with age
Doc - Irish Red, WLP002, Bottled using CPBF. Perfect to drink now.
PoMo - English Bitter, WLP023, Bottled 16/6/06
Berapnopod - Dry Stout - WLP004 (Guinness yeast) - bottled 17/06 - needs a couple of weeks at ale temps
n00ch - Dark Mild, Irish Ale WY1084, botteld 16/6/06. Might want to leave it for 2 weeks if possible.
Kungy - AIPA
Weizguy - Chocolate Porter (W1318 - bottled 27/6) & Berliner Weisse (bonus beer - Wyeast German Ale/ lacto culture, bottled 28/6)
Berto - Oatmeal Stout, Safale S04. Not yet bottled
Stephen -Special Bitter. Wyeast 1028. Bottled 12 Mar 06 (Yeah, I got in early)
Linz - Grumpy Scottish Stag,WY1728, Bottled 28/5/2006
Barry - Robust Porter, WLP004 Irish, bottled 29/04/06, drink now+
Trent - English IPA, WY1028 Bottled on 7/5/2006 Beware of hop trub
T.D - Boston Lager, W34/70, Bottled on 28/05/2006, it is ready to drink now
Shmick - ESB, S-04, bottled 10/6/06. Give it a week but drink it young.
DrewCarey82 - Pilsener, kit yeast, Best 2 weeks after drop off.
Nifty - Californian Common – WLP810, Brewed 01/05/06, Bottled 04/06/06. It’s good to go.
Josh - Pilsener
KoNG - English Bitter, S-04 , Bottled 18/6/06, should be ready a week after pickup
Thommo - Californian Common - US56 (cheating, I know) - Brewed 12/6/06 - Drink same time as Goughs!!!
Beer Slayer - APA bottled 22/6/06 US56 needs at least 2-3 weeks
Pint of Lager - Dortmunder export, brewed 19/5/06 bottled 14/6/06, if possible, it needs some quiet time in your fridge
Stickler - Pale Ale (partial)
Keith the Beer Guy - Keith's ******* Chocolate Porter, US56; Brewed 11/06/06, Bottled 27/06/06; Drink middle of July if you're brave enough!
homebrewworld.com - Irish Red Ale, S-O4, Bottled 22/6/06 needs some carb time at least. cheers
Chilled - Australian Larger, Wyeast 2007...Bottled 20/06 best left till mid July

Back