Nov. 26/27 Ballarat Grog Swap.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes...

...as long as the first thing you do when you arrive is pour out all my two-stroke fuel so the chainsaw becomes merely a blunt instrument (it would be easier to disarm me in that instance should aurally-induced psychosis kick in). :beerbang:

Not only that - I'll attach a wheel lock on your wheel barrow. Can never be too safe with you rural types.

I'll see if I can get it off work cos I'm pretty keen to get along and meet some more of you guys! Not sure yet what or even if I'll have anything ready to swap but it does give me an excuse to try some ideas out - something with Citra in it most likely

we have confired the date as the 26?

I may have difficulties if it is proposed for the Sunday...

Saturday 26th November.

Fo-shizzle.

BYO as much as you can/want (snacks, beers etc). I'll put some tucker on around 2-2.30pmish. I don't have any gas here for those bringing kegs (I'm naturally carbing and then dispensing with bulbs still).

Even though it's a Saturday/overnighter I doubt it'll be a late night based on my B.A.R. meeting expriences so far..should be snoozing in a chair some where by 9pm haha...

1. Lecterfan - AIPA or an English Pale.
2. Wakkatoo - Vienna Lager
3. Beastie - Nelson Sav' Summer ale thingy
4. MaestroMatt - Kolsch or a Steam Beer
5. Billygoat - ?
6. Mesa99 cool.gif - Probably an English IPA or a Summer Ale.
7. Something Belgian - Saison or Strong Ale concoction. May not be able to make it to the swap day but will brew swap beer anyway.
8. vic45- C.A.P.
9. iamozziyob - probably not swapping (?)
10. Vic13 - not sure yet
11. Colonel

Non swappers

1. Manticle
2. Vitalstatistix

Non swappers

1. Manticle
2. Vitalstatistix
Re the above: Awesome!

I've just reposted this to add Herbo's name in rather than just referring to number 7 haha....also for the moment I'll stick iamozziyob into the non swappers, but please feel free to put yourself back in if you like fella. I doubt we'll get more than 12 actual swappers.

Also - if anyone needs bottles, just let me know!

5. Billygoat - ?
7. Herbo - Something Belgian - Saison or Strong Ale concoction. May not be able to make it to the swap day but will brew swap beer anyway.
8. vic45- C.A.P.
9. Vic13 - not sure yet
10. Colonel

Non swappers

1. Manticle
2. Vitalstatistix
3. iamozziyob

5. Billygoat - ?
7. Herbo - Something Belgian - Saison or Strong Ale concoction. May not be able to make it to the swap day but will brew swap beer anyway.
8. vic45- C.A.P.
9. Vic13 - not sure yet
10. Colonel
11. pommie_granite - not sure yet, might be english ipa

Non swappers

1. Manticle
2. Vitalstatistix
3. iamozziyob

Just updated so the list wasn't in a quote. I reackon we cap it at 12 swappers, anymore and it gets a bit too big I think.

5. Billygoat - ?
8. vic45- C.A.P.
9. Vic13 - not sure yet
10. Colonel

Non swappers

1. Manticle
2. Vitalstatistix
3. iamozziyob

I'm coming, but I don't think I'll have much to swap.

So, maybe put me in the non-swappers list?

Cheers
Colonel

Just updated so the list wasn't in a quote. I reackon we cap it at 12 swappers, anymore and it gets a bit too big I think.

5. Billygoat - ?
8. vic45- C.A.P.
9. Vic13 - not sure yet
10. Colonel

Non swappers

1. Manticle
2. Vitalstatistix
3. iamozziyob

No worries.

I'm coming, but I don't think I'll have much to swap.

So, maybe put me in the non-swappers list?

Cheers
Colonel

Done.

5. Billygoat - ?
8. vic45- C.A.P.
9. Vic13 - not sure yet
10. pommie_granite - not sure yet, might be english ipa

Non swappers

1. Manticle
2. Vitalstatistix
3. iamozziyob
4. Colonel
5.?

Re the PM - yes I said '2010' but I meant '2011'!!!!! Keep the feedback rolling in suckaaaahs

2pm start. It has been decided.

Have some lunch before you get here, I'll put some tucker on a bit later in the day. That way we can enjoy the Saturday night as a send off for 2011 - a succesful first year for the B.A.R.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :icon_cheers:

excellent. If I get there it will be as a really, really late arrival (10pm-ish), so don't crash and burn too early fellas :p

Success! :D

I've reached an agreement with the lovely wife for the 26th. Even though it's our wedding anniversary weekend I've managed some negotiations through an approved mediator that has allowed me to free up (most) of Saturday for the beer event.

I just have to attend her work break-up on the Saturday for lunch, so I reckon I can be at the beer event by say 3.30pm. :)

However, I need to dedicate Sunday to anniversary activities, so I had better not drink too much Saturday evening :p Not

I've reached an agreement with the lovely wife for the 26th. Even though it's our wedding anniversary weekend I've managed some negotiations through an approved mediator that has allowed me to free up (most) of Saturday for the beer event.

I just have to attend her work break-up on the Saturday for lunch, so I reckon I can be at the beer event by say 3.30pm. :)

However, I need to dedicate Sunday to anniversary activities, so I had better not drink too much Saturday evening :p Not

HERBO! I only just read this now...fark you are a dedicated brewer!!! Good man, it will be great to have you on board. :beer: Things will just be getting into the swing at 3.30pmish I reckon haha.

I am dedicating this Sunday to the mashing etc. of my swap brew- a pretty big sort of AIPA (my third so I think I have a grain bill I am pretty happy with now). Should be drinkable by the swap (if carbed), but should be delish at xmas - warning: it will be a high enough %abv to tell your relos what you really think about them haha.

So that means I am going to have a big yeast cake of wy1272 this Sunday around 2pm that I will be plundering so if anyone would like any put aside for them or would like to come and get a scoop let me know. If you use a lot of us05 and haven't tried 1272 I recommend you give it a go...

edit: there are still a couple of swap spots available if anyone would like to jump in, although I'm happy with just 10 - nice round number haha. Cheers

2nd edit: I have a mate of mine coming to help me with some of the catering/stop me falling unconcious into the fire etc. seeing as though my g/f is busy that weekend. He is friends with the brewer from 3 Ravens and as far as I know he is coming also. I am going to ask him to bring a few 6 packs of their product down and we can all chuck in a few bucks each or something to taste them (the Ballaratians that is - we who don't have access to their beers commercially).

Nice one mate.. Reminds me of my effort negotiating hard to get to yours. :)

Can you please bring along my large Weihenstephan glass from your gig. Thanks.

there are still a couple of swap spots available if anyone would like to jump in, although I'm happy with just 10 - nice round number haha. Cheers

Yeah, round 10 suits me too. Dozen wouldn't hurt either.

Edit: spelling

Riiiiightiooooo.... I've just racked my contribution ready for cold conditioning. 1.070 down to 1.016, smells amazing, looks good and tastes fantastic...

I've done a few AIPAs as a build up to this one, and this is great!!! Hopefully the cc will clear it up nicely and I'll be comfortable that most of you will enjoy it! Lots of malts, weird hop combo, right on!!!

Looking forward to this!

Pretty keen to attend as a non swapper as it looks like I'll out of oz for the vic xmas bash and I need a beer related event at some stage before xmas.

Can probably bring a keg of something to drink/share, plus a CO2 bottle if anyone else wants to dispense...

Will confirm in the next week or so!

Pretty keen to attend as a non swapper as it looks like I'll out of oz for the vic xmas bash and I need a beer related event at some stage before xmas.

Can probably bring a keg of something to drink/share, plus a CO2 bottle if anyone else wants to dispense...

Will confirm in the next week or so!

Nice one! Let me know if you need to organise accommodation that isn't a tent/swag!!!

I'd love to come to this and there is a slim chance that it might be a goer.

Would you accept a dirty biaber from Brisbane that lives in Mildura and do you swap in pet?

If the planets do align and I can make it I've got an american stout ready to bottle and various others ready to keg.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back