Nov. 26/27 Ballarat Grog Swap.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to come to this and there is a slim chance that it might be a goer.

Would you accept a dirty biaber from Brisbane that lives in Mildura and do you swap in pet?

If the planets do align and I can make it I've got an american stout ready to bottle and various others ready to keg.

Cheers

Mate, the criteria is mostly that you can look after yourself as far as accommodation (incl. tent/swag) goes...

If you can't/don't want to swap just bring some beer for us to drink!!! Pet is fine with me, I like getting the bottles as I use them to send to friends/rellos....

Mate, the criteria is mostly that you can look after yourself as far as accommodation (incl. tent/swag) goes...

If you can't/don't want to swap just bring some beer for us to drink!!! Pet is fine with me, I like getting the bottles as I use them to send to friends/rellos....
Sweet. If I do come I'll defiantly be swapping. I've gotta organise a visit to swmbos relos at some stage around chrissy and if I can arrange it for that week end it will be a double bonus for me. I'll let you know either way in the next couple of days.

i thought i'd ask re the pet as I've only ever swapped ( :huh: ) with the adelaide boys and they get a bit phobic about plastic.

Fingers crossed I'd like to meet some fellow country bumkins. Maybe we could have a banjo play off?

Sweet.

Maybe we could have a banjo play off?

Dude, no shit, I've played in metal bands for years...but I actually play the banjo also...three finger Scruggs style pickin'....I accept yer challenge hee hee

Grrrr! Brewed my swapper last weekend, had the starter purring away on the stir plate, was getting ready to pitch tonight, and the damn starter is infected. Just glad I hadn't dumped the cube in first! Ahh, well, will clean everything tomorrow and use my backup vial.

As a non-no-chiller I had to read that a few times to make sure I understood what was going on!

edit: iamozziyob - I am like a roaming menace with a pocket sparkler....don't approach me with an english beer with anything more than 1 volume co2 hahahaha

Grrrr! Brewed my swapper last weekend, had the starter purring away on the stir plate, was getting ready to pitch tonight, and the damn starter is infected. Just glad I hadn't dumped the cube in first! Ahh, well, will clean everything tomorrow and use my backup vial.

What are you doing to compensate for Aroma hops in that cube mate? I've also got a Vienna Lager there that I have as a backup swap in case I don't get the time for another. Been conditioning for a couple of weeks now. Should be good by late Nov.

Well, I obviously have a sanitation issue with my stirplate ATM, bloody backup went all feral on me too. This and my gas ran out and the beer may or may not have gotten into the reg because I may or may not have bought a check valve :unsure: Sigh.....

So, packet of dried yeast today as my plan C with the vienna first and once fermented out, Oktoberfest on the yeast cake. Gonna be a young beer (again) but ahh well. Gonna try and get an esb up for the night but it will be touch and go - very keen to give the beer engine a work out.

In saying all this, I'm committed to this dance concert until the interval. After that, I am potentially a 'free' man. Just need to get permission....

So I may be a slightly earlier arrival than initially thought.

What are you doing to compensate for Aroma hops in that cube mate? I've also got a Vienna Lager there that I have as a backup swap in case I don't get the time for another. Been conditioning for a couple of weeks now. Should be good by late Nov.

Anything that calls for 10mins or less in the boil gets dry hopped into the cube. Any at 0mins I dry hop into the fermenter. Whether this is a correct way or not I'm not sure, its just what I do...

I can't make it this time guys. Would have been good but the timing is out. Maybe next time.

Have a good one :icon_cheers:

Aaahhhh nevermind - looking forward to seeing some new faces too! There'll be plenty more. We seem to be on track for every 4-6 weeks generally. The stoopid season notwithstanding we are skipping January as there is a beerfest type thing in Ballarat mid Jan anyway that we'll probably all attend (perhaps even as a contingent), and then I do believe that there will be something in Feb.

Bad news on the starters Wakka!

There will be no shortage of beers to draw through the pumps...I've put two aside for sampling in this manner also.

Looking forward to this.. Good to see a few Melb boys coming along. I think I will run a raffle again (ok Lecterfan?) so don't forget to bring a little bit of coin.

So, packet of dried yeast today as my plan C

Anything that calls for 10mins or less in the boil gets dry hopped into the cube. Any at 0mins I dry hop into the fermenter. Whether this is a correct way or not I'm not sure, its just what I do...

Similar story here, I bailed on a starter of Bavarian trub because it smelt funky when I grabbed it out the of fridge and went for dried S-23 from LHBS.

I haven't dry hopped my 10 min addition so will be interesting to see how different they are.

There will be no shortage of beers to draw through the pumps...I've put two aside for sampling in this manner also.

Good one. I shall endeavour to bottle a 2L PET of my Scottish inspired IPA for an engine but I think it will be too young on the day.

For a few bucks Mesa raffles off a few 6 packs of various craftbeers that he can get his hands on...

Although he might surprise us and raffle off any manner of item I guess...

Hint: if you want me to buy more tickets this time then put some Sn Torpedoes or Punk IPAs in there.

Pretty sure Adrian from 3 Ravens is still coming so hopefully he'll bring a few beers for those of us who haven't tasted them.

:icon_chickcheers:

Raffle?

Yeah man. We'll run a raffle of probably $5 for 3 tickets to win some beer. Last time it was two chances to take home a mix 6 pack of microbrews (Prickly Moses, Holgate and Grand Ridge). Bit of fun and are just basically trying to break even.

Edit: I've got a bit more time, so I'll see what interesting beer I can find this time.

aah, well thats great.. I had visions of Manticle and Vitals sharing the backseat with half a pig on the return journey :lol:

Put a new twist on porkspinning anyway...

Back