Beer Lovers Luncheon (brisbane) 18th Nov.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Just recieved the below email - Last beer luncheon for the year & I'll be there. Anyone else interested in what should be an excellent Sunday afternoon, please drop me a line to book a place on our AHB table, or you can book through Matt as detailed below.
Cheers Ross

"Hello Beer Lovers,

Thanks to everyone who has been in contact about when the next Good Beer Lunch would be, apologies for the delay in letting you know, but as you will see below it's been a very busy time.

Ian Watson is brewing away furiously at the Sunshine Coast Brewery and you will hopefully start seeing his beers in bottles (he has finally secured brown bottles!) around the place. In the meantime, his new Rauch Beer (a German smoked style) is on tap at the Grand Central Hotel in Brisbane if you want to get along and try it.

Matt Kirkegaard has been furiously busy too. He has just been appointed editor of Beer and Brewer magazine, a new beer magazine looking at (obviously) beer and brewing in Australia and New Zealand. Edition 3 goes on sale on November 14 (copies available at the next lunch!). Look out for it, it's a great read - even the bits Matt didn't write.

Finally, look out for Ian's smiling face and the Good Beer Lunches on Channel 7's Queensland Weekender program in the next few weeks. It screens Saturdays at 5.30pm.

Anyway, back to the next lunch. We are lucky enough to have Kevin Rowland, the man behind Northern Rivers Brewery coming to present a Brewer's Table Lunch.

Northern Rivers is a cracking little brewery based at Alstonville, near Byron Bay. They have a great range of beer including their Stout , which was last year named Champion Australian Beer at the Australian Hotel Beer Awards. (www.nrbrewing.com.au). Apart from great beers, they have an interesting story to tell about the trials and tribulations of running a small brewery, including getting locked out of the Taste of Byron festival last year because a major brewer was the main sponsor. As always, this will be a flavourful and fascinating way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Kevin will be joined by resident Beer Guru Ian Watson to present four of the Northern Rivers beers, matched to four courses.

With the silly season about to descend, this will be the last Good Beer Lunch for 2007 (though you could book Ian to put something together for your office Christmas party!).

Don't miss it!

THE MENU

Northern Rivers Blonde Ale m/w Bacon & Red Onion Quiche "Lorraine", Wild Rocket & Feta Salad
Northern Rivers Pale Ale m/w Panfried Atlantic Salmon, Moroccan Spiced CousCous, Coriander & Cucumber Dressing
Northern Rivers Dark Ale m/w Braised Pork Ribs, BBQ Sauce, Seasonal Leaves & Beer Battered Fries
Northern Rivers Stout m/w Cherry Cheesecake

Details

Cost: $75 pp
Date: Sunday, 18 November.
Time: 12.30 - 4pm
Where: Fuse Bistro, 83 Kedron Brook Road Wilston.
Bookings: 0407 968 430 or by return email

We are happy to accomodate any special dietary requirements, with enough notice.

Remember, bookings are essential.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,

Matt Kirkegaard"

I'm with you X 2 :beer: .

Bumperty bump.
Last of the year & should be a good one.

Menu sounds awesome. Wish I was in Brissy. Hope they have a TV with the cricket on :)

Final bump as places rapidly running out.

Here's the TV spot from last months Luncheon

Cheers Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 16037
Looks like I've been sampling too much of my own product :(

Thanks for the company Perry Ross and Anna. How's the form of that nephew of mine. Has just discovered there is a world of new beers and within a month of trying Redoak Rauch he has ordered direct online, can no longer drink megaswill and gets right in the brewers ear.

I was there, hiding in the corner under the air-con. Will introduce myself at the next one. Was a bit unsocial due to the effects of a long night on saturday. Was still a great arvo though. And the stout.... :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back