North Brissy Ag Brew Day - All Welcome

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you supply the basmatti rice I'll bring the pork vindaloo.

DONE!!! :super:

as well as icecream afterwards for the next day when sitting on the can - "Come on Icecream" :eek: :lol:

...I'll bring the pork vindaloo.

:icon_drool2: Vindaloo....mmmmmmm

For a good ArseBurningDraggingItAlongTheGroundLikeAdogWithWorms vindaloo I will bring the basmatti rice, mango chutney and...aww fark it what the heck... the popadums as well!

:icon_drool2: Vindaloo....mmmmmmm

For a good ArseBurningDraggingItAlongTheGroundLikeAdogWithWorms vindaloo I will bring the basmatti rice, mango chutney and...aww fark it what the heck... the popadums as well!

I may never leave !

I'll be bringing some good Illawarrra Brewers Union case swap beer and a kolsch for BribieG. And sleep im the back of the wagon somewhere. After travelling to Brisbane via Coonamble and Brewarinna and a couple of days working at Loganlea, I'll be in need of some suitable refreshment.

I'll do the radioactive version but also a woos version for the more digestivley sensitive types.

On ya BribieG

I will see if I can pull some mud crabs out the river this week? They have been excellent (full) but a bit hit and miss as of late. Pulled 2 big bucks sunday morning straight off the end of the pontoon made the wife Chappo's elbow dripping chilli crab.

Opps, forgot I was going to bring some munchies. Nice shiny kit mate, hope the stout worked out ok. I'm mashing out a best bitter right now, so the timing was good. Search Pete before you drop him off, I saw him eyeing off those disconnects ;) .

YEEHAA!!!! Done and dusted apart from a bit of cleaning!!!! <insert happy dance here>

Apart from some first timer/minor technical issues/not as prepared as would liked to had been, all went well. 1.051SG into the kettle (86% pre-boil efficiency :eek: ), reached after boil target of 20L so I'm a happy man (as well as somewhat surprised!!).

Cheers to Tidal Pete and Winklefor making the trip, and to Bradsbrew for the loan of the mill. Dont worry about the munchies Winkle.

Cheers

Sully

EDIT: sorry Pete, forgot to take the money shot of the hopscreen after draining and disturbed it before i remembered, but it works excellent - a good layer of sludge was left behind.

Some pics:

IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2438.JPG

IMG_2439.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

What sort of ramp times did you get from the HE when you mashed?

What sort of ramp times did you get from the HE when you mashed?
wasnt anymore than 5-7 mins if that - didnt actually time it but wasn't very long at all. didnt loose any heat in the tun but lost a little through the hosing but it evened out quickly. Will time it next round - Ive got the bug to do it again so maybe monday.

Cheers

Sully

wasnt anymore than 5-7 mins if that - didnt actually time it but wasn't very long at all. didnt loose any heat in the tun but lost a little through the hosing but it evened out quickly. Will time it next round - Ive got the bug to do it again so maybe monday.

Cheers

Sully

Harden up mate, I'm thinking of doing a udder one tomorrow :icon_cheers: .

Sully...

Mate....you are making us all look bad with sexy bling like that. Mods, delete this post please, it's playing havok with my wallet already....

:ph34r:

Seriously though, Bloody nice looking rig, and congrats on making it to The Dark Side.... There is no turning back now :p

Hoping to debut my herms (albeit with components strapped to milk crates!) tomorrow.... Smoked Porter is the go...hopefully it will go as smoothly as your first!

Cheers

Good to see it all turned out well Sully. Hope the mill didnt cause you too much grief but as i said it does a good job for a dodgy set up.
Rig looks tops cant wait till next week end to see it in action. I will bring a keg of APA for tasting :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers Brad

Good to see it all turned out well Sully. Hope the mill didnt cause you too much grief but as i said it does a good job for a dodgy set up.
Rig looks tops cant wait till next week end to see it in action. I will bring a keg of APA for tasting :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers Brad

A little but nothing we couldnt fix with a screwdriver, big hammer and an oxy torch... :lol:

Nah all good. a bit fiddy but got it sussed.

hopefully get the bugs sorted by next week..

Well done Dan, I expect a sample of your maiden brew at some stage. You should be able to make some real sexy beer on that rig.

cheers

Browndog

Good work Sully, first AG on a Blingo system.. All these people and their HERMS :( .. Youse can all just wait till I win the Lotto on the 28th and then we'll see..... If I dont win, ill be stuck with the urn, the cracked esky and the keggle!!

All looks good mate, f--k I hope I can get there on the 22nd, Ive got that 9ltr keg full and ready to go.. Ill have to take extra special care of the missus and get her better, the countdown begins.. Touchwood.. :unsure:

Congrats Dan! :icon_cheers:

Pissed off I had to work and miss it. Great photo's BTW! Rig looks great...

Latest posts

Back