No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it appears my kitchen knife is nice and sharp, wasn't paying proper attention last night and created a lovely flap on the end of my thumb, slicing straight through the end of the nail while I was at it....

Week off work = Awesome
Not going to be able to do much around the brewery due to not wanting to get it wet = Not so cool
Not even able to play Xbox to pass the time when little one is at daycare = Really annoying...

Shit. That sucks on all sorts of levels. Take it easy.

Funny thing is I always seem to only cut myself with blunt knives. I guess mum was right and I am 'special'.

Might aim to be brewing by Monday, gloved and taped of course.....

Although if the flap of skin isn't viable and dies, then I'm looking at 4 weeks for it to fully heal......Might just have to build my new rig instead of brewing...

So, it appears my kitchen knife is nice and sharp, wasn't paying proper attention last night and created a lovely flap on the end of my thumb, slicing straight through the end of the nail while I was at it....

Week off work = Awesome
Not going to be able to do much around the brewery due to not wanting to get it wet = Not so cool
Not even able to play Xbox to pass the time when little one is at daycare = Really annoying...
maybe you can play with your joystick

tough break. take it easy.. and i hope you ate the food you were making when you went cannible and carved yourself up

Stayed at boyfriends place night of the storm. My lights in my house were working before leaving. Got home last night and no lights. So blackout all night. Cooking porterhouse in the dark was interesting. It turned out beautiful!

Woke up this morning still no lights, found out after storm a neighbour (a Tool) decided to cut a tree down which then fell through the powerlines. So Synergy said we are not on the high list of things to do. So my food for the next two weeks is gone! rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Sorry to hear about your finger Pollux.

Stayed at boyfriends place night of the storm. My lights in my house were working before leaving. Got home last night and no lights. So blackout all night. Cooking porterhouse in the dark was interesting. It turned out beautiful!

Woke up this morning still no lights, found out after storm a neighbour (a Tool) decided to cut a tree down which then fell through the powerlines. So Synergy said we are not on the high list of things to do. So my food for the next two weeks is gone! rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Sorry to hear about your finger Pollux.
Ah, idiots with chainsaws... don't we love em.

Happened to us a few years ago. big tree came down in a storm and took the whole street out. Took the power company 5 days to restore power. The day before we had picked up a side of lamb and a bulk order of roo. About $400 in meat.

Power company compensated us for the lot as it took so long (whole pole needed replacing) and we threw a huge bbq for the street to use it up. We were the only ones in the street with a bbq so we were the only ones who could cook that week. Everyone else just had an electric stove.

We were also very thankful for our solar hot water. The street didn't have gas at that point so everyone else had cold showers for a week.

Cheers
Dave

Happened to us a few years ago. big tree came down in a storm and took the whole street out. Took the power company 5 days to restore power. The day before we had picked up a side of lamb and a bulk order of roo. About $400 in meat.

Power company compensated us for the lot as it took so long (whole pole needed replacing) and we threw a huge bbq for the street to use it up. We were the only ones in the street with a bbq so we were the only ones who could cook that week. Everyone else just had an electric stove.

We were also very thankful for our solar hot water. The street didn't have gas at that point so everyone else had cold showers for a week.

Cheers
Dave

I have a bbq so lucky I could cook. The rest of the night was spent in the spa bath with a bottle of red and candles! So not to bad really. Though I have lots of meat in the freezer. Hopefully the electricity is back on tonight so I dont waste it and make a couple of guiness and steak pies. See another reason I HATE my electric stove!

I have a bbq so lucky I could cook. The rest of the night was spent in the spa bath with a bottle of red and candles! So not to bad really. Though I have lots of meat in the freezer. Hopefully the electricity is back on tonight so I dont waste it and make a couple of guiness and steak pies. See another reason I HATE my electric stove!

No one should have to put up with an electric stove.

The spa and wine sound like an excellent way to spend a powerless evening. Though I'm guessing that without power it was less of a spa and more just a bath...

Cheers
Dave

Cheers
Dave
I used to have fun doing storm duty round your area when I was on the tools, Airgead. The size of the trees round NW sydney do some hectic damage.

I used to have fun doing storm duty round your area when I was on the tools, Airgead. The size of the trees round NW sydney do some hectic damage.

Yep... big gum tree came down and splintered the pole at the end of the street. Carried the 240 for the houses plus a big high voltage line (33kv I think) for a sewage treatment plant down in the valley. Made a hell of a mess.

Cheers
Dave

The fun bit is everyone comes out of their houses when we turned up demanding "when's the power going back on!?!?!", completely oblivious to the fact that poles are snapped, lines are down all the way down the street.
And you want to come out with replies like "5 minutes love! Now where did I put my magic wand?"

just read this on facebook

Women are Angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.

Latest posts

Back