No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody ever eaten a sausage roll in a roll with sauce?

Yep, used to eat them all the time from the tuckshop at school! We called them submarines for some reason???

Still eat them on the odd occasion.

Cheers SJ

We used to eat them in a roll with plenty of sauce when I owned a bakery, not too bad if they came fresh out the oven, I had a pastrycook who would have a meat pie in a roll to, now that's yummo.

Andrew

My backside gets bigger just thinking about it!

Chorizo pasta for dinner! Then off to the pub for drinks with friends!

Has anybody ever eaten a sausage roll in a roll with sauce?

Used to religiously have one a day at school, have one every now-an-then since...I can feel a craving for one of these coming on...

Speaking of school food, I am now craving a vanilla slice.....
2254524866_08531dce35.jpg

You bastards! :p

Should have yellow fondant icing with a splash of passion fruit pulp through the icing, ah the memories.

Like this.
so_good_vanilla_custard_slice.jpg

Andrew

Speaking of school food, I am now craving a vanilla slice.....
2254524866_08531dce35.jpg

You bastards! :p

i see your snot block and raise you a jam dog'snut.

1233504766_4a6c34b328_b.jpg

tried to find a pic of a choch jam but googles images is crap. lived on these and hot dogs from the bakery from about year 8 till i left in year 10.

:icon_drool2: Can't beat a good jam dognut

My backside gets bigger just thinking about it!

Chorizo pasta for dinner! Then off to the pub for drinks with friends!

Soooo your having Chorizo pasta and beer session? :huh:

You can't be worried that you bum is that big? :lol:

i see your snot block and raise you a jam dog'snut.

tried to find a pic of a choch jam but googles images is crap. lived on these and hot dogs from the bakery from about year 8 till i left in year 10.

A Chocolate jam donut and a sausage roll in a roll with sauce was my diet for many years!

Ah yes Andrew, that is more like it, I hate google image search.

I have a sudden want for custard tarts now.....Give me an idea for a dinner party/afternoon get together.

"Food you loved at school"

Savoury Slice

Traditionally served in a flat roll with sauce. Basically a meat pie filling between 2 pieces of pastry then topped with bacon and cheese.

Lived on the stuff back in the high school days.

savoury_slice.jpg

Savoury Slice

Traditionally served in a flat roll with sauce. Basically a meat pie filling between 2 pieces of pastry then topped with bacon and cheese.

Lived on the stuff back in the high school days.

View attachment 36671

In a roll with extra cheese and sauce, from McCues (sp?) Bakery... sensational - its just what the Dr ordered! (all puns intended)

Curse you, Pollux! I was sitting here quite happily not thinking about vanilla slices. No good bakeries around here either. Damn your blasted hide!

Jeez, talk about dredging up old memories, I recall, crushing up packets of crisps and putting them on a buttered roll, but the king was a Wagon Wheel on a roll, not one of those small, thin, pathetic modern representations, but a real, big, chunky wagon wheel of old.

PS, Custard Tarts...

cheers

Browndog

Excluding Pollux....

What is it with women and there full arm and leg tattoos. There everywhere in Perth now. I just saw a very attractive girl with a star tattooed on her face ffs! Full arms and back and two skull on her legs! She would of only being about 18. Attractive NOT!

Boy, boys, boys you have it ALL wrong! Neenish Tarts :icon_drool2: ...

benards_bakery5.jpg

Jeez, talk about dredging up old memories, I recall, crushing up packets of crisps and putting them on a buttered roll...

cheers

Browndog

+1 BD Crispy Chip Sanga's :icon_drool2: . The killer was on tomato flavoured chips

Latest posts

Back