Next meeting.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The northern is a top place. Good idea to keep future meets on the same day each month. Makes it easier for all involved. Got 2x 25l batches into fermenters today so hopefully will have some new brews for future meets.

Hi guys, I am keen to come along to the next meeting. Do I just show up on the night or is there a formal way of doing this?

rusty274 said:
Hi guys, I am keen to come along to the next meeting. Do I just show up on the night or is there a formal way of doing this?
Well, you can come in a suit if you want, but I reckon just turn up. We won't make you roll up one trouser leg or learn a secret handshake or anything.
Welcome.

come in a suit

Woah woah woah. No-one said anything to me about clothes....

Kevin Hawley said:
Well, you can come in a suit if you want, but I reckon just turn up. We won't make you roll up one trouser leg or learn a secret handshake or anything.
Welcome.
what? no secret handshake?!?!?

I like the Great Northern, both as a pub and as a meeting venue. It's walking distance (albeit a couple of blocks) from the 112 tram, just hop off at Piedemonte's IGA and walk up Scotchmer St. About a 10 min walk, half that if you're catching the 96 up Nicholson St, and stumbling distance if you're on the 1 or 8 up Lygon.

Great beer selection every day of the week, but I really enjoyed their American tap takeover during Good Beer Week last year.

brouhaha said:
I'm all about secret handshakes... and we should change our name to The Beermasons ;)
There was, until very recently, a craft beer mail order subscription club called Beermasons. Sadly it just closed.

Okay sounds like everyone is keen for the Great Northern.
I booked for 25 people - will this cover everyone?

New_guy said:
Okay sounds like everyone is keen for the Great Northern.
I booked for 25 people - will this cover everyone?
It should. Do they care if it's a bit more or less?

carniebrew said:
It should. Do they care if it's a bit more or less?
Not really - it fits up to 30
As long as we all grab a beer or 2 I am sure they will be happy.

I found out about AHB through facebook! You never know....

I've created a Google calendar for our events, it's open to the public so anyone with the URL can view it. I'm not sure if you can use it to register attendance like the Facebook group, but like many on here I don't use Facebook, so at least this is something we can refer people to for upcoming events, whether they use FB or not:

http://bit.ly/mm_events

TimT (and anyone else who wants to contribute), if you have a google account/gmail address, I believe I can open this up so you can add events. PM me your details...

carniebrew said:
I've created a Google calendar for our events, it's open to the public so anyone with the URL can view it. I'm not sure if you can use it to register attendance like the Facebook group, but like many on here I don't use Facebook, so at least this is something we can refer people to for upcoming events, whether they use FB or not:

http://bit.ly/mm_events

TimT (and anyone else who wants to contribute), if you have a google account/gmail address, I believe I can open this up so you can add events. PM me your details...

I think the more platforms we use to advertise the club the better - we should look at twitter as well

It occurred to me today while checking my hops drying in the garage that we might want to see if anyone's interested in doing some home-grown hop ale experiments? I wouldn't be surprised to find if quite a few guys are growing their own hops at home. If anyone has a large-scale system we could brew up say 100 litres of wort, and split it into 10 x 10l batches, all hopped with home grown flowers using varying amounts and methods.

Then when they're all ready, everyone could have say a ~50ml taster of each brew at a future tasting meeting?

Back