Name the bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Yob, looks like you've got 3 lagery beers proposed (lager, Pilsner & Kolsch). Just thinking they might be fairly similar to some palates. Though I appreciate they might be more adventurous versions, eg: hoppy lager, would it be worthwhile swapping one to a (very) malty lagery beer. Just thinking a Marzen or Vienna lager, or even a Munich dunkel.
My 2c for the morning [emoji6]

Yob said:
Sooooo, I did a bit of work on securing beers for taps today.. I'm not going to give anything away yet.. But.. It's pretty ******* exciting already

Looking for a good stout, 4 pines came to mind.

Must be Australian, suggest.

Kölsch or pilsner.. Suggest.
Hunter Beer Co Kolsch is very good, worth enquiring about.

For a good lager experience, anyone doing a faithful version of Cerny Pivo (like a fresh Dark Budvar or Dark Velkopopovicky Kozel) should be considered.

Preferably brewed in Australia by a craft brewer, rather than importing kegs from Europe. ;-)

WarmerBeer said:
Ha, just knew if I didn't read the whole thread that would happen :)

mornington brown ale..
fosters lager best beer in the world :p
ocean reach brewing on the island make some nice ales(red)

DU99 said:
mornington brown ale..
fosters lager best beer in the world :p
ocean reach brewing on the island make some nice ales(red)
Cheers mate, glad you like our red rye (if that's what you had)

We've had a bit of Mr.Banks on at our bar, we have his Oatmeal Stout on at the moment, he's a one man show working his arse off in Seaford. I recommend his Brown Ale, sells like hot cakes and a pretty good drop.

I won't go a plug any of our beers, that'd be rude *cough*Porter*cough*

Good Luck with it Jesse, i've just been through all this before xmas and if you need any help, get in touch.

I made this for the joint, Ive lacquered the grains and the hops so I can mount it to the wall..

Latest date we have to take possession is the first of June :beerbang:

Meeting the Tap installer there this arvo, meeting the cool room guy there this arvo...

SimoB said:
Cheers mate, glad you like our red rye (if that's what you had)

We've had a bit of Mr.Banks on at our bar, we have his Oatmeal Stout on at the moment, he's a one man show working his arse off in Seaford. I recommend his Brown Ale, sells like hot cakes and a pretty good drop.

I won't go a plug any of our beers, that'd be rude *cough*Porter*cough*

Good Luck with it Jesse, i've just been through all this before xmas and if you need any help, get in touch.
I had a Mr. Banks oatmeal stout the other day. ******* delicious

Yob said:

I made this for the joint, Ive lacquered the grains and the hops so I can mount it to the wall..

Latest date we have to take possession is the first of June :beerbang:

Meeting the Tap installer there this arvo, meeting the cool room guy there this arvo...
I thought that was the snack tray ...

Latest posts

Back