My Other Hobby....fishing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KT thats just too cute. Is that the pink barbie fishing rod?

6 yrs old and doing a better job at fishing than me at 23!!

She caught three that day. She is a natural. Reminds me we should go again soon!

Oh gawd! You've done it now Katie, what starts with little bream off the pier ends up with requests for a new Shimano Stella worth $1000. Get her into brewing, it's cheaper.

fishhaul.jpg

An ordinary haul for an offshore charter up here. No other bugger on the boat could fish besides Mrs Henno and me. Everything in this photo except for the big emperor and a handful of the little hussar (they are the little red ones) we caught ourselves. Just finished cleaning our share of the haul, which was a bloody lot. Sushi and sashimi coral trout, maori cod and grassy sweetlip for dinner.

mate if im ever up your way your taking me out fishing!

off to the murray this weekend with the fishing club looking to catch some murray cray and maybe a couple of cod or yellow belly. Heading up behind lake boga it a nice quiet spot. Relax with a brew or two on the river.

Coz you commented on the colour Katie I shrank this one for you. On the left is the common or spotted coral trout. On the right is the barred coral trout, the blue spots run into bars at the head end. As for taste and texture I just go weak in the knees thinking about them. Oh yeah, in the centre is wifus Japonicus.

twotrout.jpg

The usual suspects back home ready for the knife. From top left anti clockwise: big Maori cod, bigger grassy sweetlip, small pinky parrot, two coral trout and finally lots of little hussar. Hussar are a tasty plague to have.

butcherstable.jpg

off to the murray this weekend with the fishing club looking to catch some murray cray and maybe a couple of cod or yellow belly. Heading up behind lake boga it a nice quiet spot. Relax with a brew or two on the river.

If you get some cray could you take a few pics, I am really interested in fresh water crustacea. Photos of them on the plate before eating would be great as well.

Good luck.
H

Here's what it looked like on our table that night. From top to bottom, coral trout,grassy sweetlip,maori cod nigiri. Nutto ships on the left. Sashimi plate is the same order. On our plates are grilled maori cod flaps with heaps of rock salt.

dinner.jpg

Are they baked beans? :blink:

Here's what it looked like on our table that night. From top to bottom, coral trout,grassy sweetlip,maori cod nigiri. Nutto ships on the left. Sashimi plate is the same order. On our plates are grilled maori cod flaps with heaps of rock salt.

View attachment 29227
:icon_drool2:

View attachment 29227

View attachment 29227

Are they baked beans? :blink:

Sorry mate, nutto is actually spelled natto. I can come at it sometimes but it is truly weird soybean stuff. The sauce is very stringy, well to be honest, is like snot.

Have a squiz at this natto link

Scored this Spaniard 2 years ago on a charter near Cairns.

2007_09_10_14_09_24___resized.jpg

Heading back there this September - I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO pumped!

Sorry mate, nutto is actually spelled natto. I can come at it sometimes but it is truly weird soybean stuff. The sauce is very stringy, well to be honest, is like snot.

When i was in japan for school exchange, my host familys daughter had the stuff for breakfast.. basically its fermented soybeans. crazy stuff. i didnt like it. its an aquired taste to say the least. :icon_vomit: I wanted to like it... but just couldnt, even with bucketloads of soy sauce.

Latest posts

Back