My Other Hobby....fishing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fish13 said:
yeah but we have to fish for the future you know.....

But the new changes to the fish bag limits makes a little sense. Although i think a huge pinky or dhuie is more than a feed for a family of 6.....
Absolutely fish for the future, problem is; take 4 blokes out and bang, bang, 2 fish - pack up and come home. Seriously that is all we catch!!!!!
My whining should be in the first world problem thread .....

4 per boat would be a really good middle ground, still just 1 fish per person......

Not to make you feel bad but my mother in law has caught more dhuies than you B)
BBB

i think we should hold a beer comp with some fishing involved somewhere.

I'm going to Wagoe next weekend for four nights, any of you WA fishos got any tips?

krausenhaus said:
I'm going to Wagoe next weekend for four nights, any of you WA fishos got any tips?
Always love your mother.

punkin said:
Nice necro.

attachicon.gif
spanish3.4.13.jpg

This tasty little fella went 35lb.
I call bullshit, he looks to be at least 400 pounds! The fish, yeah maybe 35# :p

So you associate me with tasty?

How is that not to be mentioned box of random stainless fittings going for you?

Some dam good catches from members :)

Not much to add regarding HB so I thought I would show my 7lb browny.
Although its 20 years old I think its Worth showing because I have never topped it and I dont think I ever will...

Love the trout and love the mullet:)

Did you catch that trout when fly fishing? Because it's still open!

You look like Jimmy Luffnem out of the movie Chopper! Great photo.

punkin said:
So you associate me with tasty?

How is that not to be mentioned box of random stainless fittings going for you?
No. Please note that the reference to tasty was crossed out in your quote. Also note that little was also crossed out. :p

Almost there. A double batch of beer without hops and a fruit wine have been brewed and are waiting for some action. :super:

Sorry for the late reply...

Thanks Rowy I love a feed of Mullet too.

I did get a bit excited when I hooked him Flo, can you blame me :D

Thats not much of a complement KK :p I am growed up now and look nothing like that :chug:

I went fishing in the Ballina river yesterday and caught a 39cm bream.

Only just found this thread. Some awesome fish around. Heres some of my best;
IMAG0087 (640x361).jpg couldn't find my large tuna but this day we found a school of small ones and we all caught even my 10yo son. My mate from Germany was stoked over there they pay ridiculous amounts for tuna.
Pic_1205_007.jpg A pair of 50+ lbs

Just got back from Eskdale fishing a tributary of the Mitta Mitta river and Dartmouth Dam with me Da,
the old Eskdale pub has changed a lot from about 25 years ago, used to be a typical country pub, breakfast cost nothing, take what you want from the fridge and cook it yourself, same with the sandwiches for lunch, no charge, dinner was only charged for my Da, my brother and I ate for free.
Different now. The fishing was good, I thought I would out fish the old man when fishing for trout, sure he hasn't taught me everything he knows, when I ask him he just says, 'I can't teach instinct'
Best thing is getting home and having a nice pint of bitter, not conditioned, but still good.
004.JPG

Back