My KK vs KL post was deleted - Why KK is not allowed here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krz

Reaction score
Some of you might remember the thread I created regarding the KK vs KL legal saga.
In that thread, I asked why KK was not allowed to comment or sponsor this site.
I asked moderators to comment, but there was no comment.
Instead, today the thread was deleted, and the moderators response was along the lines like "This website doesnt allow comments about legal matters especially when one of them is a member".
Fair point, and I will agree with that, dont throw stones. That the legal matter hasnt been proven/settled, I think thats fair.
So, please keep this thread clean, i.e no comments about the legal matter.

As I said all along, I shop at both shops and I am not affiliated with either.
That said, Aussies "were" known as giving each other a fair go. I ask the site owner to explain why KL can comment yet KK cannot. Is this site supposed to be a forum for hard working aussie brewers, or have you sold yourself out? If so, you need to state that.

How long will this thread last?

Better start a new thread!

Lol.

I would definitely prefer to see KK as a sponsor on here, instead of posting by stealth with shadow posters. It shits me to tears that the usual suspects (who sit on the sidelines and snipe at each and every mention of KL) say "I'm not affiliated with KK, I just heard this visiting the store." Utter bullshit. I'll be watching this thread with interest to see what the moderator has to say. This forum would be a much better place without that behaviour. Replace it instead with official posts from KK and KL where both parties are civil to one another.

It's interesting to note that the craft beer industry is built on a mantra of helping one another and seeing the whole industry float ever higher as the collective tide rises. The home brew industry in Australia is marked by sniping, nastiness and legal battles that help nobody but the solicitors and barristers (at least in the case of the 2 largest players in the market). For shame. I hope that the current churlish and childish behaviour stops and is replaced by a mature and respectful competition that actually helps us home brewers.

How good would it be to read a post from KK saying "We've gotta admit the Fermzilla is a great product that has introduced some really innovative features. Our team has gone back to the drawing board and we can see some genuine improvements that we can make. Watch this space."

I believe that in legal battles it is written KK v KL. The "v" is pronounced "and". :D

Kramer vs Kramer, Kramer and Kramer would sound like a comedy duo.:)

That is an American case. Off the top of my head I couldn't tell you how they write the name of their cases, maybe it's with a "vs".

If I was acting for the Crown in Australia and I wanted to prosecute you because you dare to question my authoritah, it would be written: R v Wide Eyed and Legless. Where "R" stands for Regina :D

Ok, I just checked how it's written in the US and they use a dot after the v. So a typical case would be written:
Kramer v. Kramer
That would have a reference number and year following etc. Google says the "v." means versus, but I am not sure how they pronounce it.

I was taught, you cannot say "versus", you must say "and".
AND, I really like the post from ABG.

So in this new Trump/ Scomo era - spreading lies, half truths and innuendo is ok (as long as one party has no real right of reply only through surrogates).
But providing clear information is regarded as dodgy and fake news and shall be deleted?
Hmmm ok - that’s fine! Remember this thread was started by Kzr because someone got a bit snakey about another party from the other camp hijacking the Guten thread and pushing their product! So the snakey person retaliated, with some facts and was shouted down until several of us provided supporting evidence of a case which does exist!
True reporting of matters before the courts is “risky” but the transcript was available.
Anyway no point going on about it, it’s been decided that truth is not welcome here!
All good then! I’ve got better things to be doing anyway (like waiting for my Guten Fermenter to be delivered & seeing if Grainfather have finally fixed the delayed start function in the new app! Should know in an hour).
Hopefully we wont see the return of the lies and sniping and everyone can move on!
Cheers

So in this new Trump/ Scomo era - spreading lies, half truths and innuendo is ok (as long as one party has no real right of reply only through surrogates).
But providing clear information is regarded as dodgy and fake news and shall be deleted?
Hmmm ok - that’s fine! Remember this thread was started by Kzr because someone got a bit snakey about another party from the other camp hijacking the Guten thread and pushing their product! So the snakey person retaliated, with some facts and was shouted down until several of us provided supporting evidence of a case which does exist!
True reporting of matters before the courts is “risky” but the transcript was available.
Anyway no point going on about it, it’s been decided that truth is not welcome here!
All good then! I’ve got better things to be doing anyway (like waiting for my Guten Fermenter to be delivered & seeing if Grainfather have finally fixed the delayed start function in the new app! Should know in an hour).
Hopefully we wont see the return of the lies and sniping and everyone can move on!
Cheers

Go Trumpy & SCOMO!!!!

Maybe it got deleted because politics isn't allowed on the forum or something like that. :eek:

Yeeeeep, there's a lot of butt hurt Aussies who didn't vote for SCOMO that call him similar names also... :fallingoffchair:

I don't remember who I voted for. It may have been Pauline Hanson and her mob. I love her because she is a patriotic Ostrayan and she loves Ostraya :rolleyes:

I would definitely prefer to see KK as a sponsor on here, instead of posting by stealth with shadow posters. It shits me to tears that the usual suspects (who sit on the sidelines and snipe at each and every mention of KL) say "I'm not affiliated with KK, I just heard this visiting the store." Utter bullshit. I'll be watching this thread with interest to see what the moderator has to say. This forum would be a much better place without that behaviour. Replace it instead with official posts from KK and KL where both parties are civil to one another.

It's interesting to note that the craft beer industry is built on a mantra of helping one another and seeing the whole industry float ever higher as the collective tide rises. The home brew industry in Australia is marked by sniping, nastiness and legal battles that help nobody but the solicitors and barristers (at least in the case of the 2 largest players in the market). For shame. I hope that the current churlish and childish behaviour stops and is replaced by a mature and respectful competition that actually helps us home brewers.

How good would it be to read a post from KK saying "We've gotta admit the Fermzilla is a great product that has introduced some really innovative features. Our team has gone back to the drawing board and we can see some genuine improvements that we can make. Watch this space."

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back