My European Beer Odysey

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbrewer76543

Reaction score
Hey all,

Thought I'd share some pics of my holiday in Europe which I recently returned from. I went to the following countries in this order: France, Italy, Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, Poland, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and England.

Heres what I managed to bring home:
German_Beer_Haul.JPG

Here are a few pics from Munich:

Ayinger Brauhaus
P1040513.JPG

Ayinger Dunkel
P1040515.JPG

Ayinger Pilsener
P1040519.JPG

Part of a big arse ship engine in the Deutches Museum
P1040543.JPG

Flensburger Pilsener and my 5 week "**** goodness its cold in Europe" beard
P1040577.JPG

The bar in the Paulaner restaurant
P1040585.JPG

A Paulaner hefeweissbier, one of my favourite beers
P1040586.JPG

An Augustiner Edelstoff
P1040592.JPG

Delicious schweinhaxe (pork knuckle) :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:
P1040615.JPG

Nice score with the Westvleteren. One of my top beers I want to try. Shame it's only available from the brewery

Kabooby :)

Nice one. The Ayinger Brauhaus was closed when I was in town (NYE 2008), however I managed to get their Celebrator dopplebock and other beers at a near by pub/restaurant.

I quite enjoyed the Augustiner Edelstoff as well. If memory serves me correctly, it is quite a hoppy beer.

Nice score with the Westvleteren. One of my top beers I want to try. Shame it's only available from the brewery

Kabooby :)

I've bought some from a person on ebay with good results. It might seem expensive to buy that way, however it is cheaper/easier than going through the hassle of travelling to Belgium, preordering etc.

Of course it's not as much fun as going to Belgium, but as a once off I was able to justify it.

Rukh

I have also bought some Westvleteren ,through a guy in Belgium , off Ebay.
He also has an internet site so you can deal direct with him. He was very helpful and
has a selection of beers you rarely see in Australia.

Regards

Graeme

I have also bought some Westvleteren ,through a guy in Belgium , off Ebay.
He also has an internet site so you can deal direct with him. He was very helpful and
has a selection of beers you rarely see in Australia.

Regards

Graeme

Do you have the site, please.

Sounds like a great trip, L_Bomb. So many great beers, so little time!
Ayinger Brauhaus
Love this place. Not a bad beer in the joint. Did you happen to try Celebrator whilst you were there? Quite possibly the best beer in Deutschland. :icon_drool2:

What are those big shiny tanks at the Paulaner bar, are they bright beer tanks?

What are those big shiny tanks at the Paulaner bar, are they bright beer tanks?

Decoration maybe? The Paulaner commercial brewery across the road is a touch larger...

The treck to Westvleteren was an absolute mission. Stayed in Ghent the night before so trained it to Brugge, bus to Hertz, drive to the monastery, drink 2 beers only as had to drive, then drive back to Brugge, bus to train, train to Ghent. 12 hours all up it took. Mind you I went the "scenic" way down the coast which added an hour. Still it was an adventure.

I dont think I tried the Ayinger Celebrator. Is that the strong one? A bloke at the bar was drinking something strong and was a bit tipsy after two of them

I also met the lead singer of Wolfmother in the Hofbrauhaus... Will post more pics soon :)

Thanks for the heads up and the link guys

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back