Euro Tour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slcmorro said:
P.S - No luck in it. We've saved liked beggars and scrapers for this trip! Extra shifts, sacrifices etc :)
Yep know what your saying that's how the better half and I got to experience the opportunity .
The Neuschswanstein Castle day trip was booked through Via Tour out of Munich train station,my wife looked it up and they do small group tours for US $ 41.95 p/p. Grab the tour hosted by Jeff and enjoy, I rate him very highly .
He will recommend a small hotdog cafe at the base of the walk up ( it's a steep bitumised hill) as its cheaper than the cafe 1/2 way up,they sell beers in the Grolsh style bottles I grabbed a few for the train trip back to Munich ,actually it was more than a few and was ticking nicely when we got back....ppffff who's counting. One of those bottles now stands in my brew room .

Italy. Naples has a museum that has a lot of the artifacts recovered from Pompeii including plaster casts of people on display,we didn't go to Naples but it is a hell of a lot closer to Pompeii than Rome.

Tips for Italy.
Wear flat soled shoes as a lot of streets are of cobble stones that have large gaps in them and are uneven.
An ATM is known as a Banco.
They drive on the opposite side than we do ! Remember this when crossing the street !.
Also, you may think this is amusing but it's serious advice.....Italian drivers consider traffic lights to be an advisory NOT a rule. FFS be careful.
If I think of anything else I'll post it here,I told my wife about your upcoming trip and we have both agreed that we are willing to carry your suitcases for you of you like :) .

Latest posts

Back