My Beer Is Not Carbonating

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't stress too much over the first one, dropbear. Even with the problems you had, it will probably be better than most megaswill. ;) And if not, thats ok, its a lesson learned.

Glad i read this forum, i bottled a test sample of the Mex Cerveza a week back and tested it Thursday (when i bottled the rest of the brew) and it was good enough and a small but ok head.
Just now i opened one from Thursdays brew (knowing 3 days wasn't quite enough to carb up) and its almost dead flat.
Looks like i will have to buy another slab for this month and hopefully in December it will be ready to drink.

Once they get going they can be fairly quick. A brew I bottled four weeks ago was fairly timid by week two, just opened one now as it's beer o'clock here and it's a bit overcarbed if anything.

Three days? at that stage the poor old yeast, having done its thing in the fermenter has just woken up to a new offering of fermentables and is scratching its head, gone off to the bathroom for a pee, fed the cat and just put on some coffee and toast and looking for the morning paper.

Back