Murrays "new" Sassy Blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent

Reaction score
Gday everyone
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that Murray's Sassy Blonde in bottles has changed a little? I used to like the "old" version, but always preferred the Nirvana. The new Sassy (if they have, in fact, changed it) seems to be a bit darker than I ever remember, and has a toasty characteristic reminiscent of munich malt, and finishes nice and dry, inviting another sip. I reckon I would much prefer this than the Nirvana now. Might try and find out off Shawn if they have tweaked the recipe, but if they have, I am a big fan, and will buy it whenever I need to buy commercial stuff.
Has ANYONE else noticed it, or am I on crack? Its been a while since I had it, but a friend had a 4 pack today, and I would swear it is different. Just thought I would put this out there, and see if I am insane or not.
Oh yeah, I am not affiliated, etc...
All the best
Trent

i've only recently discovered Sassy Blonde, so can't really say whether its changed or not. I am a big fan however. I havent really tasted an Aussie Beer like it. Reminds me of Leffe Blonde without the alcohol content.

Cheers
Jimmy

You were saying something about this the other week and I really must go get some and give it a try now. I haven't had it in a few months but I was a fan of it before (but like you I did/do prefer the Nirvana) but if its a change for the better then Ill definitely give it a whirl. I'll give it a try this weekend.

But it is quite possible you on crack so we will see <_<

I'm sure you know who to ask for the inside skinny Trent :ph34r:
I've only recently had it in bottle. I've normally had it off tap at the MacQuarie.

Doc

i bought some bottles of both the sassy and the nirvana yesterday from the brewery itself yesterday (plus several other on tap samples) so i assume they are the latest batches. i have not tried them yet, will have to wait unitl i'm back in newcastle.

ps the pub with no beer/shawn are well worth a visit, but i notice most people posting in this thread have been before

Grabbed one at Dan Murphy's a couple of week ago want see what the hype was about and at $4.50 a stubbie I was expecting something good after reading the blurb on the back of the bottle. Disappointed to the max, I just hope I happened to score a dud bottle because it was vulgar it tasted nothing like a beligan blonde in fact it didn't taste like any blonde at all. It was very under carbed smelt (stank) and tasted like old wet socks and the hopping was way out of balance and tasted stall. :icon_vomit: Really turned me off of trying any other of their range after that, mind you it's not the first dodgey bottle from Dan's and probably wont be the last.

Grabbed one at Dan Murphy's a couple of week ago want see what the hype was about and at $4.50 a stubbie I was expecting something good after reading the blurb on the back of the bottle. Disappointed to the max, I just hope I happened to score a dud bottle because it was vulgar it tasted nothing like a beligan blonde in fact it didn't taste like any blonde at all. It was very under carbed smelt (stank) and tasted like old wet socks and the hopping was way out of balance and tasted stall. :icon_vomit: Really turned me off of trying any other of their range after that, mind you it's not the first dodgey bottle from Dan's and probably wont be the last.

Did you let the guys at Murrays know? Their "blurb" on the back would also have a website contact.

Did you let the guys at Murrays know? Their "blurb" on the back would also have a website contact.

Must admit I didn't this time, I've done it in the past when I got some dodgey bottles and have gotten no response from the breweries. I've even complained to Dan's in the past, mined you they where real good at getting back to me, but they will only come to the party if the stock you brought was out of date and this one wasn't. In fact the use by date was Jan 2009 from memory because it was the first thing I checked.

Must admit I didn't this time, I've done it in the past when I got some dodgey bottles and have gotten no response from the breweries. I've even complained to Dan's in the past, mined you they where real good at getting back to me, but they will only come to the party if the stock you brought was out of date and this one wasn't. In fact the use by date was Jan 2009 from memory because it was the first thing I checked.

Hi Murcluf,

:eek: I'm really disappointed and surprised to hear you got a dodgy bottle of our Sassy. That is very unusual and something we take very seriously. We are too small a company not to take an issue such as this seriously. The Sassy should be very well carbonated - on the high side if anything - and it is very unusual to hear otherwise. We test samples from every pallet that leaves the brewery of all our beers for carbonation, flavour etc and keep records of the exact volumes of CO2 from each. Nothing leaves the brewery unless we are happy. That said, we can't control storage and handling once it leaves the brewery and an individual bottle not being 'right' is something we take very seriously. We stand by our beers. Please contact me off the forum at [email protected] to discuss this further. I'll definitely reply!! :)

Thanks,

Shawn Sherlock
Brewer
Murray's Craft Brewing Co.

We test samples from every pallet that leaves the brewery of all our beers

Hmmm, sounds like a terrible job. :) :)

Hi Murcluf,

:eek: I'm really disappointed and surprised to hear you got a dodgy bottle of our Sassy. That is very unusual and something we take very seriously. We are too small a company not to take an issue such as this seriously. The Sassy should be very well carbonated - on the high side if anything - and it is very unusual to hear otherwise. We test samples from every pallet that leaves the brewery of all our beers for carbonation, flavour etc and keep records of the exact volumes of CO2 from each. Nothing leaves the brewery unless we are happy. That said, we can't control storage and handling once it leaves the brewery and an individual bottle not being 'right' is something we take very seriously. We stand by our beers. Please contact me off the forum at [email protected] to discuss this further. I'll definitely reply!! :)

Thanks,

Shawn Sherlock
Brewer
Murray's Craft Brewing Co.

Hi Shawn,
No worries will do, like I said "I was expecting something good after reading the blurb on the back of the bottle." along with what I have read on here about your beers and in Beer and Brewer. To tell the truth I was excited when I saw your product on the shelves at Dan's, bit of a kid in a lolly shop kind of thing. Unfortunately it didn't became the beer experience I was looking for at that time. All that now said I'm open to have another go at your beers and hopefully give a glowing report next time I try one.

Cheers

Wayne

I'm surprised Cocko hasn't been in here...

He won't shutup about the Sassy Blonde...

Hello all! :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back