Blonde Ale with Kveik yeast - which strain is best?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleared up and tasting great! Different recipe to my previous cream ale using the WLP Cream Ale strain, but honestly it’s just as clean. Would use again.
That looks lovely. Did you get any of the "sea breeze" taste that An Ankou refers to with his Opshaug bitter? I've been playing around with Oslo at 36C in a range of beers. It brings a peach aroma and taste at those temperatures which reduces with time and is otherwise clean. Less acidic than the Hornindal and Framgarden I've also tried. All sourced from YeasterBunny.

That looks lovely. Did you get any of the "sea breeze" taste that An Ankou refers to with his Opshaug bitter? I've been playing around with Oslo at 36C in a range of beers. It brings a peach aroma and taste at those temperatures which reduces with time and is otherwise clean. Less acidic than the Hornindal and Framgarden I've also tried. All sourced from YeasterBunny.

Can’t say I noticed that, but wasn’t looking for it either. It’s also very dry because of my mash schedule and the amyloglucosidase, even though it only finished at 1.007. I will see if I pick that up next time I have one.

I’ve had really mixed experiences with kveik, but I think this beer has made me realise I need to experiment with it more in these hot QLD climates. Might have to give Oslo a try next.

Back