Mill Motors

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have been more specific.
Using a 12V 30A power supply. My query was regarding wire sizing on the 12V side. Any significant issues using 6mm2 cable on the 12V circuit?

V drop is about .06V per metre of cable, so as long as the supply is reasonably close the the mill you'll be fine.

Can someone please measure the height of a mashmaster minimill for me?

I'm away from home and can't get home to measure mine. I want to design a hopper in CAD while I'm away. I took all the other dimensions I needed before I left. Didn't think I'd need the height.

Planning to make a CAD template and post it publicly for 1:1 printing - planning on making it a slot design like the commercially available perspex mill - so no screws required for assembly, just cut the pieces from a sheet of ~6mm ply and push together!

I hate to ask for help again, But i'm putting together a list of shaft sizes so that we can get a decent coupling. We have different choices of length, width and inner diameters, the first two we can sort, but the sizes is something that we need for all the different sized shafts. Since we aren't familir with them, does anybody have a list of the ecaxt inner diamaters we should introduce?

Also, regarding the couplings, theres different quality levels, theres ones that are about 10 dollars each which are alloy, theres kind of a mid range one which is about 25, ot high end ones which are much more expensive lol.

Last edited:
Well, my little old 2 roller has an 8mm shaft, it was fairly long and had a flat on it for a supplied crank handle, I cut that and shortened it to suit direct coupling to the 90w geared motor with a 10mm shaft, so my set up is 10mm coupled to 8mm. The coupling is a 2 jaw alloy cheapy, but it seems to do the job ok. I did have to scratch up the shafts a bit so it didn't slip, probably be better with a grub screw as well as clamp arrangement.

Latest posts

Back