Milking The Cow Beer Festival In Toowoomba

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah - I'd booked us in for a "lunch" thingy on Saturday in the Valley before checking the date of MTC :unsure: . You'll have to fill in for me Tallie (just stagger about with glazed eyes, spilling drinks, and mumbling about hops) and keep an eye on that lager-lout Ralph. I'll be there next year!

winkle said:
You'll have to fill in for me Tallie (just stagger about with glazed eyes, spilling drinks, and mumbling about hops) and keep an eye on that lager-lout Ralph.
I'm sure I can manage that! Ralph, are you going to be around?

Some members of Toow SOBA will be there tomorrow night. I've just won some tickets to tomorrow night :))))

Funny name, whats the next one going to be called; Tickets for the gravy train. Or Flogging the horse

greg simons said:
Funny name, whats the next one going to be called; Tickets for the gravy train. Or Flogging the horse
The pubs called the Spotted Cow, used to be called The Luckona Hotel until the late eighties. I used to go there every friday arv to pick up my pay, back in the day when my boss went to the bank and collected the cash then met us at the pub, I was an apprentice so we usually had a few pots on tick until the boss got there with the pays I was quite annoyed when they painted it and put all those cows on it, then the yuppies came along and it was packed every friday by the time we got there, so the boss let us knock off 30mins early so we could get there and save him a seat. Wasn't the beer line up they have now, they had stout but i wasn't going to drink that "burnt vege water" , they had a deal that if you could drink five pints of stout you get to keep the dimple handle pint glass but not to many took them up because its toowoomba in the eighties when guiness was some shit that the poms drink and crown lager was the shizzle. Nice fried potato skins but, that was fancy.

Now stout and dark ales are my favourites. Amazing,

Memories from the corner of my mind...........................

Must get back up there one day.

cheers

Nice story Brad. Memories only make you wish you were still young and fit.

just dropped in and tried stone and woods stone beer. its bloody nice got talking to Phil and he ended up giving me a ticket. its shaping up to be a great weekend

Beersuit said:
So what are tickets worth Ben? What beers are going to be in tap?
Phil is selling them for $20 gets you 2 beers and some food. there are heaps of beers on I didn't get the full list from him but there is noisy minor, red duck, green beacon, kooninda, beer here. for starters

tallie said:
Ralph, are you going to be around?
Perhaps late this afternoon/ evening or tomorrow, unsure TBH (its a long story, another elderly canine crisis... :( ). Will give it a try though. :beer:

Just home from some lunch and beer at the cow. Was pretty quiet down there. Was keen for some beer here vintner ale which wasn't available Friday night but still doesn't seem to have been tapped.

Yep earle, one of the irritating things in past years has been random timing of the tapping of particular kegs in the passport, if tapped at all.
The local rag has a few pics. Sadly I wasn't able to get along, looks like attendance was disappointingly low.
It is also disappointing that the homebrew competition has been deleted from this year's festival, although based on past efforts in regards to prizes then perhaps that's not such a bad thing. :angry:

RdeVjun said:
Yep earle, one of the irritating things in past years has been random timing of the tapping of particular kegs in the passport, if tapped at all.
The local rag has a few pics. Sadly I wasn't able to get along, looks like attendance was disappointingly low.
It is also disappointing that the homebrew competition has been deleted from this year's festival, although based on past efforts in regards to prizes then perhaps that's not such a bad thing.
Totally agree the couple of kegs that I was looking forward to trying didn't get tapped. that I know of. was there Friday and Saturday both times there was a good crowd not as big as previous years though. less beers aswell :blink:

Latest posts

Back